[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>she suddenly knows how to repair every droid she encounters ok
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: star-wars-cast-rey.jpg (11 KB, 780x406) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-cast-rey.jpg
11 KB, 780x406
>she suddenly knows how to repair every droid she encounters

ok
>>
File: 1452726954362.jpg (63 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1452726954362.jpg
63 KB, 640x640
yeah, because all of a sudden you need to be a genius to fix a tv antenna.
>>
yeah, not like she's been repairing shit for years
>>
How smelly do you think her vagina was after years of not showering in the hot and dusty desert?
>>
>>66978927
It's a bent antenna. I doubt you consider yourself a mechanic every time you unravel your headphone cable.
>>
>>66978984
Just the perfect amount of smelly
>>
>>66978927
i don't remember seeing this scene with adam driver
>>
>suddenly

Did she not know how to before in the movie? Did we see a part where she was like "how do i fix these droids" and then suddenly said "I can fix this"

I don't think you know what the word suddenly means.
>>
The whole "STRONG GIRL POWER" thing they wanted to push got them to overlook how she got that way, which was a screw-up that the next director's gonna have to fix with a back-story
>>
>>66979121
how to fix rey:

>have her be rescued by solo and finn
>have her be wounded by kylo and fight stops because ground splits due to collapsing planet before he can kill her

she still gets to be good at everything, but this way she's a lot more believable. no random overpowered mind trick she's never used before, no sudden incredible lightsabre ability after a minute of closing her eyes and deep breathing. still a strong, independent good pilot etc etc, but not unrealistically powerful
>>
>>66979222
God damn you don't even understand Star Wars
>>
>>66979222
Unless, you know, she's the most powerful force sensitive being ever, which is what I'm guessing they're gonna reveal in the next movie.
>>
>she *suddenly* knows how to do something she's been doing for as long as she can remember
>>
>>66979298

If that's the case, then she's a boring character. If the hero is the most powerful being ever, there's no challenge, no danger, no adventure.

If they make her the best ever at everything, she needs to turn to the dark side.
>>
you mean like Anikan or Luke ?
>>
>>66979298
which essentially just fucks up the prequels with the whole chosen one prophecies
>>
>>66979286
fukin rude christ
>>
>>66978927

Droid & spaceship repair are normal, everyday skills in Star Wars, like knowing how to work on your car or computer is for us. And it's not like a bent antenna is a terribly difficult problem to diagnose and rectify.
>>
>>66979998
hello defense force
>>
File: s464.jpg (40 KB, 851x551) Image search: [Google]
s464.jpg
40 KB, 851x551
>>66978927
>what is this technology wizard doing with that metal stick?

Keep to your own tech tard.
>>
>>66979509
Thank Christ.
>>
>>66979509
I thought we all already understood that the prequels aren't canon.
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 246x173) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 246x173
>>66979051
>>
>>66978927
>suddenly
>has been a scavenger and junk peddler her entire life
>>
fix one car you can fix them all
>>
>>66978984

>Not knowing of the sand wash method.
>>
>>66981262

tell a random car junkyard rat to fix a robot. yeah, he cant LOL. retard.
>>
>>66979222
Nah. You've gotta hint at her skills just like Obi-wan did with Luke. Or at least show she's a mechanic working on the Millenium Falcon, because she was owned by Unkarr plutt
>>
>>66981452
You seem to have real problems fixing antennas.
>>
>>66978927
We know the movie is shit
We know the next episode will be as well
Such is the fate of being sold to disney and given the JJ treatment
>>
>>66981469
She says that in the movie, how else would she know what parts Unkar Plutt added to the ship?
>>
>>66981537
Go to bed, George. That doesn't even rhyme, it's not poetry.
>>
>>66981537
>Such is the fate of being sold to disney and given the JJ treatment
Yeah well-made movies with crowd-and-critic-pleasing storylines are such a miserable fate.
>>
>Shown as a scavenger and explains she worked as a mechanic on the MF
>Uses this later in the film to fix robots and fly/repair a starship with help from the experienced pilot.
Done well
>Uses a couple of Jedi mind tricks not shown previously in this movie, let alone shown in front of her
>Able to fight off a highly trained and experienced Sith the first time she touches or even sees one with the blade active
Done poorly
>>
>>66982345
>>Able to fight off a highly trained and experienced Sith the first time she touches or even sees one with the blade active

Not a sith.
Not completely trained
Shot in the guts.
He was trying to capture her, not kill her
>>
>>66982345
she has training in hand to hand combat, this is established when the fat man's goons try to steal BB

kylo is injured

kylo is trying to take her alive

you have autism
>>
>>66978927
It's like someone who knows how to solder wires could identify broken metal broken wires generally and solder them.
>>
>>66978927

Even in a universe as full of shit as the Star Wars universe this movie goes way beyond the level of acceptable suspension of disbelief.

It's just a legit bad story.
>>
>>66979509
The prophecy talks about the one who brings balance to the force, not whether or not he/she is the most powerful force user of all time.
>>
>>66982429
>>66982532
>kylo wanted her alive
To add to this, she's probably Kylo's cousin and he probably knows it.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.