[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Comfiest Bond flick?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: mooooooonraker.jpg (111 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mooooooonraker.jpg
111 KB, 1280x720
Comfiest Bond flick?
>>
>>66964682

>roger moore bond movies
>comfy

any sean comfyrrey movie is very comfy
>>
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 267x189) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 267x189
>"Goodhead. Holly Goodhead"
>"of course it is"
>>
I'll argue that Dr No is the comfiest movie period.
>>
goldeneye in my humble opinion
>>
>>66964755

What?

If any Bond movies can be considered comfy, it's Moore bond.

It's all about locations, gadgets, one liners, and all around well done camp, where it doesn't really matter what the plot it, it's just enjoyable to watch it happen.
>>
>>66964682
>Comfiest Bond flick?
On first viewing no.

On subsequent viewings, absolutely.

Dr. No is the comfiest Bond movie on a first viewing.
>>
>>66964682
From Russia With Love
Goldfinger
On Her Majesty's Secret Service (that setting)

Sometimes I think For Your Eyes Only, The Lving Daylight and GoldenEye can be pretty comfy.
>>
>>66965246
the only answer tbqh
>>
Comfiest Bond movies:
Literally any Connery movie
On Her Majesty's Secret Service
The Man with the Golden Gun
The Spy Who Loved Me
Moonraker
The Living Daylights
Goldeneye
Skyfall
>>
>>66966635
>>66966656

I recently rewatched both FYEO and Goldeneye, and while the former is 100% comfy Bond, Goldeneye honestly hasn't aged as well (and I'm entirely inside the demographic that grew up with the game, which made it even more disappointing).
>>
Anyone in Ireland, Goldfinger is on rte tonight
>>
File: bond girls laughing.jpg (49 KB, 565x430) Image search: [Google]
bond girls laughing.jpg
49 KB, 565x430
>>66966719

>craig
>bond
>>
File: famke.jpg (21 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
famke.jpg
21 KB, 600x450
>ywn get killed by this woman
>>
>>66966850
>LOOK MOM, I POSTED IT AGAIN
>>
File: republicofdaltonia.jpg (20 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
republicofdaltonia.jpg
20 KB, 240x240
The Living Daylights. Don't think any Bond movie has perfectly balanced camp, spy thriller, and over the top action quite like it did. And that score. Sweet baby jesus fetus that score. It's the perfect cross between Connery, Moore, and what they'd try to do 20 years later with Craig, and the people who don't appreciate it are idiots who should be shot into the sun.
>>
>>66964755

roger Moore is a very comfy bond
>>
Octopussy

>>66966870

not even mad
>>
>>66965246
Best post.
>>
>>66966919

he's too uptight all the time to be comfy. even when he is actually in a comfy situation I feel less comfy than I do when connery is in uncomfy straits. even brosnan bonds are comfier than moores desu.
>>
>>66966913
>that score.

Only bond soundtrack I actually actively hunted down. Completely worth it, too.
>>
It's a shame Lazenby only got to do the 1 film as I really liked him as Bond and I thought OHMSS was a good (and comfy) film. Sad ending though.
>>
You know when two people share an experience together and only those two know what's up?
Me and my best friend watched Moonraker on TV when we were kids, and between the product placement, the dumb-ass silver teeth villain and space stations we thought Moonraker was the dumbest movie of all time.
So up to this day, whenever something stupid happens or someone acts retarded, we both say things like "He's a Moonraker".
>You know what's dumber than a cactus?
>No, tell me.
>Moonraker.
The last time I saw it was something like three years ago. And it still was as retarded as I remember. I will never ever get the comfyness of this movie.
>>
I really like Diamonds are Forever. I think it's because it was my dad's favourite and he always used to watch it on VHS.

I know it's a bit tacky and lame, but i love that.

>welcome to hell blofeld
>>
>>66967212
Always thought OHMSS was disjointed and the script could have used another go, but there were some really, really good bits. Just put together awkwardly. And while Lazenby struggled with the more dramatic stuff, I thought he showed enough that he could have handled the sort of material Moore ended up getting.

But as a movie I've always found OHMSS more admirable than good. Lots of interesting ideas, including Lazenby as Bond, but none of it quite came together. Plus Blofeld's maser plan was hilariously terribad.
>>
>>66967212
>Sad ending though.
One of those endings that really caught me off guard at first, but I love it on repeat viewings just because of how offbeat it was. A shame Dalton didn't get to do that film, but I actually quite liked Lazenby in his own way.
>>
>>66967317
>>66967340
Interesting. I might watch it again soon as it's been too long since I saw an old Bond film.
>>
File: timothy dalton.jpg (122 KB, 617x816) Image search: [Google]
timothy dalton.jpg
122 KB, 617x816
>>66966913
That film is one of my all time favourite bond films.
>>
>>66965246
goldeneye isn't comfy, it's too fast paced to be comfy

>>66964682
from russia with love is objectively the comfiest bond
>>
>>66965246
Agreed..
>>
>>66966913
>score when the plane is taking off

normally i don't bother looking up soundtracks but that was catchy af
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.