[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone seen this yet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 770x442) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 770x442
Just got back from the showing. Honestly enjoyed it.
>>
>>66957856

saw it with friends a few hours ago. it was okay.
>>
>>66957856
Better than the first one? I like Cloverfield one as different spin on monster movies, but I've heard most people didn't like it
>>
>>66957927
All the scenes in the bunker are fucking phenomenal. The ending gets a little cornball but I won't spoil it.
>>
>>66957927

The first one, whilst stupid if you know anything about the military, was a more exciting movie sans the fucking annoying shaky cam.

10CL is a different type of movie - more of a psychological drama until the last part of the movie where aliens have invaded earth but humanity is winning
>>
i like the fact that i couldn't guess what was going to happen next
>>
>>66957974
>>66957992
Ok, so most of it is in the bunker? I just need to know what kind of mood to be in for this.
>>
>>66957974
Tell us the ending in spoilers senpai
>>
>Mary Elizabeth Winstead
>John Goodman

I don't know about this one...
>>
The ending is weak compared to the rest of the movie and hot damn its from the director of that portal short movie

One of the best most tense thriller/horror movies ive ever seen up until she crawls out of the bunker portal 2 ending style

Pretty gorey for a PG13 but it felt a little restricted by it especially towards the end it needed to be a Soft R

>>66958062
It goes all aliums
???
Possible Sequel that wont happen hinted at
>>
>>66957856

I want to go see it this weekend. Goodman in a horror/thriller? Sign me up!
>>
>>66958021
Yeah, only the opening sequence and the last 5 or 10 minutes are outside of the bunker. Also John Goodman steals the show IMO. He's genuinely scary in the role.

>>66958062
MEW makes a gas mask, burns Goodman's face with acid and escapes the bunker which blows up. She sees an alien dropship and tries to escape in her car, but she sets off its alarm which triggers it dropping this weird leech-like thing with legs. She manages to avoid it and get in her car, but the dropship picks it up. She kills it by making a Molotov out of a bottle she picked up at the start of the movie and drives away. She hears a report on the radio of survivors in Houston and goes in that direction. The last shot is lightning showing more dropships coming. Also she knocks off the mailbox while driving off and it shows that 10 Cloverfield Lane is Goodman's address.
>>
>>66958170
John Goodman feels like a big guy in this movie compared to others.

Best acting ive seen from him since Oh Brother Where art Thou
>>
>>66958239

I was hoping he'd show a performance like he did in Damages, sounds like he did. Dude can be menacing if he tries.
>>
>>66958307
He reminded me of his character in Barton Fink. He was about on the same level of crazy.
>>
I saw it

Really was hoping to see or hear any attachments to the original cloverfield in this film...left disappointed but that didn't stop me from enjoying this film. Solid 8.75/10

the acting was really great and emmet getting shot threw me in total shock. I haven't fealt like that in a movie in a long time and the ending even though really ridiculous was still really suspensful and the ending just leaves more questions unanswered just like cloverfield which is what I like
>>
File: 1456533066575.jpg (159 KB, 1005x699) Image search: [Google]
1456533066575.jpg
159 KB, 1005x699
>>66958185
>>66958162
Thanks guys, now I might actually get out of my basement to watch it now
>>
>>66958588
They mention Goodman used to work with satellites. A satellite is what woke up the Cloverfield monster.
>>
>>66958588
>>66958606
Oh, also the envelope in the generator room or whatever it was is from the Tagruato Corporation. They're also mentioned in Cloverfield.
>>
>>66958606
That was more left ambiguous though so we have no clue what woke it
>>
honestly not sure if the cloverfield tag makes me judge this more closely or less. Well, I definitely wouldn't watch it without the brand. Wish Redditors would admit they also would not give a FUCK without the cloverfield tag. "LE JOHN GOODMAN THOUGH XD" oh yeah? How many of you fucks watched Red State (better than this in every way).
>>
>>66958606
how does that explain the AYY LMAO
>>
>>66958701
It doesn't. It's not really important though since 10CL takes place in a different time to Cloverfield. Presumably after.
>>
Would you trust JJ with a Half Life film? I would since Half Life is pulp as fuck.
>>
>>66958720
After that ending, hell yeah. It felt just like something out of HL2, even the worm thing looked like an Advisor.
>>
So they're making Cloverfield into a whacky brand! I doubt they'll make a 10CFL2, so that leaves something supernatural for the third movie. I assume we won't get it anytime soon. Will they rip off Slender Man? That's the trend these days.
>>
>>66958763
JJ said after this he wanted to go back and make an official Cloverfield 2....when? Who knows but that's next
>>
>>66958763
Yeah, Cloverfield is a Twilight Zone style anthology series. Also I think Slenderman could make for a good horror movie in the right hands, but Marble Hornets pretty much already did that plus it's a meme now so it'd be ruined by that.
>>
>>66958802
Please cite that.
>>
>>66958763
>Slender Man
More particularly they'll rip off The Operator. A rip of a (great) rip.
>>
How long do they stay in the bunker? An city crazy shit?
>>
>>66958846
I'd guess a month at the most.
>>
>>66958846
Well her hair barely grows
>>
>>66958805
>>66958763
Thats actually kinda fucking interesting, has an anthology movie series ever been done?

Still, I really would've liked a sequel to Cloverfield. Hope it doesn't take him another 10 years.
>>
>>66958307
Goodman has always had that talent and I love him for it.

>naturally a good jolly fellow
>when he gets dead serious he's a stone cold motherfucker
He has the size and face to back it up
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.