[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
What went wrong?
>>
Yeah, I'm THINKING HE'S BACK.
>>
>>66957725

he disappeared up his own asshole.
>>
>>66957748
Nope
>>
>>66957748
These kind of movies aren't super hard to make but it was surprisingly good. Looking forward to his next movie.
>>
File: giphy.gif (252 KB, 350x243) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
252 KB, 350x243
>>66957748
>>
One trick pony who thinks he knows better than everyone else. With that said, his movies really aren't so bad. Last Airbender was probably his worst one and that was because he didn't know what he was doing with anything.
>>
>>66957725
Works better with small scale stories as opposed to big budget blockbusters. Didn't play to his strengths well.
>>
>>66957836
>One trick pony who thinks he knows better than everyone else

is this true?
>>
He is Indian and Indians are spergs who think repeating the same things over and over will garner them success
>>
He key his ego get to him
>>
>>66958182
Yes, after a few successes it all went to this head. He kept doing twists which people were getting tired of. He started making fun of critics in his movies. He cast himself in prominent roles in his own movies. Last Airbender was full of his nonsensical ideas and lack of understanding of the source material to which he gave no fucks about people's complaints.
>>
>>66957748
It was better than his last few for sure, but I'd wish he'd stop with the twist stuff.

But I guess that in itself would be a twist. Not doing a twist would be a real twist that no one expects.
>>
>>66957725
He's just the wrong ethnicity

Ang Lee or Steve McQueen are the next Spielberg
>>
>>66957725
hollywood inflating his ego with their incessant virtue signaling and him being a dumb ass with no self awareness.
>>
>>66957725
why is there a burger at the top right?
>>
Spielberg is shit so who cares who's the next of him anyway
>>
designated shitting twists
>>
>>66957725
Spielberg ruined him like he did Tobe Hooper
>>
>>66958412
>After tobacco: the new war on 'big fat'
>>
>>66958419
I kind of have to agree with this. That faggot fucked up kubricks AI really god damn badly, you can see the potential in that fucking movie to be emotional fucking nut wrenching art, but it bottoms out fucking hard as soon as the mom leaves him in the woods.

Now that I've ranted about something completely unrelated, the village was his last good movie.
>>
>>66957725

He lucked out with Sixth Sense. The media went nuts for him off of one movie and hailed him a great director.

Signs was okay, as was After Earth, but he's just an average director. Nothing wrong with that.
>>
File: dogshit.jpg (23 KB, 283x400) Image search: [Google]
dogshit.jpg
23 KB, 283x400
>>66957725
JUST
>>
>>66958412
it's america. the burger manufacturers owned all the magazines and would put burger stamps on each magazine so the general public knew which magazines to buy
>>
>>66958340
He made the Airbender movie because his daughter loved it and he sat down and watched it with her one day and then ended up getting into it himself. So he basically made the movie for his daughter.

And even she told him it sucked.
>>
>>66957725
Signs should have been a quadrilogy at the very least.
>>
>>66957725
That fuck awful SciFi channel 'documentary' on him.
>>
>>66957725
racism, he made one bad film and everyone boycotted him, meanwhile nolan jerks off to his own reflection and gets academy awards.
>>
>>66958192
It does in Bollywood.

t. every Bollywood film, ever
>>
>>66957725
>predictable outcomes because of expected twist
>shit ideas for movies
>pitiful casting
>The Last Airbender

>the next Spielberg
>what went wrong
manipulation of media to imply shamalamadingdong makes good movies
>>
>>66957725

Literally everything.
>>
The movie he's doing with james mcavoy looks like it's going to be good, would've been better if Joaquin didn't drop out though
>>
>>66957725

>What went wrong?

The Village
The Happening
The Visit
The Last Airbender
Lady in the Water
After Earth
>>
>>66961474
The last airbender wasn't as bad as the critics make it out to be
>>
>>66961499

Yes it was.
>>
>>66961506
No it wasn't
>>
>>66961511

Yes, it totally was.
>>
>>66957725
>everybody expected him to be the next Spielberg
>he isn't the next Spielberg
What a twist.
>>
>>66961552
No, it totally wasn't
>>
>>66961578
Called it pretty early on tbqhwy senpai
>>
>>66958646
>So he basically made the movie for his daughter.
>And even she told him it sucked.
What a twist!
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.