[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 600x450
What went wrong?
>>
If they released this today it would have been a sure hit. It was far ahead of its time.
>>
It got cancelled
>>
>>66956107
hideous artstyle and characters
I understand why no one gave it a chance
>>
I'd give a nut to see new episodes
>>
YOU GOT ME THE EXPANSION PACK! THE EXPANSION PACK, ANDY! I NEED THE GAME! IF I DON'T HAVE THE GAME, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO EXPAND UPON!?
>>
File: 2gtcb66.jpg (24 KB, 333x322) Image search: [Google]
2gtcb66.jpg
24 KB, 333x322
>>66956235
this

the art was the worst part about the show.

>mfw hung out with dumb mass art fags in 2004-2006 and parties all the time in and around mission hill
>>
>>66956235
>>66956303
I loved the art of the show. The post modern backgrounds were always really beautiful. The characters weren't hideous. Especially compared to flash animation shows like family guy, the characters look amazing. The animators always threw in classic animation techniques that made the show comfy as fuck.
>>
>>66956490
you might like it but its generally unappealing to the masses.
>>
>>66956240
Have you read the scripts for the unproduced episodes? A few even have rough animations.
>>
>>66956521
I can see that, but if it were released today I bet it would have lasted way longer. Especially with things like Netflix now. Shows like bojack horseman would have suffered the same fate had it been released back then.
>>
IIRC the show was very expensive to produce and was up against who wants to be a millionaire, That'll do it
>>
>>66956521
And art like The Simpsons and Seth Macfarlane's abominations are appealing to the masses? I mean, I guess they are, but Mission Hill had a much better art style than either of those.
>>
>>66956660
Mission Hill is so beautiful because it's classic animation, those other shows use flash, well classic Simpsons didn't use flash but it does now. Also classic animation is more expensive
>>
File: PDVD_023.jpg (86 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
PDVD_023.jpg
86 KB, 720x480
>>66956240
I'd give a nut to see a live action adaption, complete with all the expressive exaggerations.
>>
they actually put a lot of detail in the background posters and the way some characters moved

god i love this show
>>
It wasn't very funny. /co/ fucking loves, I watched and I wonder why. Probably because they relate or want to relate to the whole slacker urbanite indie crew. Downtown had the same premise and character but done it better.
>>
Everything but the show. It is fantastic.

I watch it on Youtube from time to time while doing other stuff.
>>
>>66956107
Everything. This show just plain sucked. End of discussion.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.