[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched pic related the other day. Can anyone tell me why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Thin Red Line.jpg (222 KB, 800x1131) Image search: [Google]
Thin Red Line.jpg
222 KB, 800x1131
Just watched pic related the other day.

Can anyone tell me why it isn't overrated trash?
>>
>>66943438
vietnam veterans are the worst
>>
One of my favourite films, love every second on it those tracking shots towards the end when the Americans are storming the Japanese camp when the score just becomes overwhelming is enough to make the film God tier not to mention the taking of the hill and the tribal singing scenes
>>
i prefer ww2 movies that are not about americans and fucking eazy company more then vietnam movies
>>
No, you are right. I forced myself to watch everything but I was bored out of my mind, most of the interactions felt so forced i couldn't help but cringe, neat cinematography though
>>
>>66943438
Wait, I think I just found it. It's the same director responsible for Tree of Life and Knight of Cups. Why is this fuck tard so adamant in trying to convince everyone he's oh so deep? Pretty one dimensional tbqh.
>>
>>66943479
>>66943538
The thing is, it felt like a "Vietnam" movie and not a WW2 movie. All of the characters are made out be emotional wrecks who are basically far left or toeing the line between ideologies. The director is obviously biased towards leftist ideals, and it makes this "war" movie difficult to watch. What was with the COD-esque run and gun in the final battle to take the ridge?
>>
>>66943438
>talking shit about based Malick

Holy fuck the plebs in this thread disgusts me.
>>
File: thsNtAmra.jpg (85 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
thsNtAmra.jpg
85 KB, 950x534
>>66943438
That film is actually about cuckolding.
>>
>>66943438
>Can anyone tell me why it isn't overrated trash?
Because everyone is bashing it and it takes a certain kind of praetorian to actually enjoy it.
>>
>>66943856
>my tastes are so patrician
>overly forced deep messages are better than a strong story and character development
>>
worst vietnam movie i've ever scene. all they did was talk and stuff.
>>
>>66943987
>vietnam
kek

>>66943924
cont-
I wonder was Malick aiming the cuckold at Adrien Brody?
>>
>>66943924
That bitch should be tried for treason. Who sends a letter like that to a soldier at war? "Oh, by the way, you know that love we share, it's shit and not worth waiting for. I'm leaving you. Good luck staying motivated enough to live over there."

>>66943955
I would have settled for "different people have different tastes" but you had to go the "patrician" route. That's a shame.
>>
It's the only Malick film I actually liked.

Not going to watch it again tho.
>>
>>66944077
I said Praetorian, not patrician, you pleb.
>>
>>66944128
>Praetorian
Like that means anything other than a special snowflake who doesn't want be labeled in the same group as patricians.
>>
>>66943808
It's introspective about the futility of war m8.

Look at it like this, Guadalcanal is literally 1000s of kilometres from either Japan or the US, yet thousands of those countrymen died there. What would normally be considered tropical paradise is turned into a living hell for the people there.
>>
>>66944372
Well duh, it's not the same thing. The Praetorians were military, patricians in the nobility.

Lrn2hstry
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.