[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
holy fuck that was bad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: deadpool_ver10.jpg (108 KB, 517x755) Image search: [Google]
deadpool_ver10.jpg
108 KB, 517x755
holy fuck that was bad
>>
>>66936021
That's nice
>>
>>66936021
Stan lees cameo was funny
>>
It would've been better if he had said:

>"Nice colors Cap, but this red and blue........"
>"Is gonna make you black and blue"
>>
No it wasn't, you just didn't enjoy it.

Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>66936021
>incredibly popular
>true to the juxtaposed tragic and comedic nature of the source material
>made something akin to $700,000,000 in the box office on a budget of $70,000

Tell me, by what measure to you call it bad? Say it didn't appeal to you personally, or it wasn't in your particular taste - but objectively speaking you can't call art (entertainment does fall under that category, sorry cinephiles or whatever you guys call yourself) good or bad - especially when said piece of art achieves ALL the artists' intended objectives.

That's the definition of success. Which is objectively ... good.

So remind me again, how in the metric scale of the universe, in all your arbitration of good and bad, this movie has been measured and judged - by you, not as merely disliked, but bad?

This thread? Bad.
>>
>>66936021
You've seen worse.
>>
>>66938078
first of all, you type like a fag
and thanks for the art lecture, but i disagree, there is bad art
>it made money, therefore it's good
kek

i didn't like it cause it was juvenile and stupid, with cringy sex jokes all over the place. capeflicks for adults is an oxymoron imhofamalam
>>
>>66936641
I HONESTLY can't tell if this is post-post-post ironic posting or just a redditor.

>>66938078
First pasta, best pasta

>>66938149
Not this kind of bad though. Usually when a movie is shit people will edgily call it out for being so, like transformers. Here for some reason everyone is praising it.
>>
>>66938261
>>it made money, therefore it's good
>kek
Retard, it was selling tickets like crazy weekend after weekend. If it was shitty, people would know, and wouldn't have continued to go see it.

But whatever, we're on a site where you can just whip out: "You're just le Reddit" and "be right." Literally Kindergarten shit.
>>
>>66938443
people like garbage, is that really a new concept for you? when was the last really good, well made, thought-provoking film also a box office success? why is hunger games and 50 shades of grey best-selling books?
>>
>>66938261
first no capital F to start your sentence of all, you type like a fag fails to determine similarities between anon and a fag visa vi typing styles
and thanks for the art lecture, but i disagree, there is bad art failed to illustrate a valid counterpoint

>it made money, therefore it's good
kek failed to illustrate a valid counterpoint

i didn't like it Because it was juvenile and stupid, with cringy sex jokes all over the place. capeflicks for adults is an oxymoron imhofamalam
and here we reach the conclusion. That you didn't like it. And why. THIS is what your post should have been. Spelling and grammar is atrocious, you derive your arguments from ad hoc attacks that fall flat with little explanation, but your conclusion - while poorly executed - was sound. I give it 65%. Needs improvement Jeremy, come back and see me after class.
>>
>>66936021
Would have been good if dialogue wasn't ass.
>>
I liked it
>>
>>66938327
>Here for some reason everyone is praising it.

It doesn't take itself seriously, and it makes fun of the entire genre as a whole

Not only does it make fun of it's own universe, it makes fun of the real universe obsessed with capeshit

It was thoroughly entertaining
>>
>>66938078
This guy has the right idea.
>>
File: birdman-movie-poster-1.jpg (126 KB, 817x1280) Image search: [Google]
birdman-movie-poster-1.jpg
126 KB, 817x1280
It was better than this, a better dissection of the entire capeshit genre, even the edgy elementary school grade humor was more clever than this "film"

And this piece of shit won best picture, simply because "muh washed up pretentious actors" and "dude haha Keaton is parodying Batman, lel"

Deadpool succeeded where this film failed, and also made it entertaining at the same time to a wide audience. Sure it could have been better but for what it was it still good
>>
Honestly it was just painfully mediocre, like half the movie takes place on that fucking free way. It felt like I was watching it on fast forward.

And I'm not even memeing or anything, I liked it for what it was but it was just mediocre as a whole when you actually sit down to think about the movie.
>>
>>66938700
you remind me of someone of average intelligence, who thinks he's smarter than he actually is, like a typical redditor

>I give it 65%. Needs improvement Jeremy, come back and see me after class.
holy fuck that was funny (and original), do you write for john oliver?
>>
>>66938907
you're reflecting on the fact that it doesn't have a lot of set diversity

it takes place in 2 locations the entire film

this can trigger some peoples autism, but most normies are comfortable with this, it works well in this context, like it worked for reservoir dogs

a lot of capeshit like the new fantastic four fail, because they try to be TOO grandious and epic, and lose the audiences attention

this movie, deadpool, was like an actual comic, it focused on one narrow line of events without losing everyones attention, and it didnt try to be "super epic" by adding scenes of skyscrapers and other cliche bullshit in every capeshit movie
>>
>>66938970
>using the R-Word

Remember when this board used to discuss, dissect and analyse film and television?

Too many good memes have poisoned the barrel and now all anyone is interested in is complaining, shitposting and fighting.

You're not adding to the discussion of what makes Deadpool a bad movie. You are however adding to the list of things that make this a bad thread, you a bad poster and this a bad board.
>>
>>66939111
>Remember when this board used to discuss, dissect and analyse film and television?
no
im getting memed on, sorry for not getting it until now
>>
File: deadpool lol.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
deadpool lol.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
It's a comic that relies on gore, nudity, extreme violence, and edgy humor.

In this context it will never be gory, nudy, extremely violent, or as edgy as some people want it to be.

If I made the movie it'd be ultra stylistic like Suicide Squad, and be nonstop gore and dark humor, but this would probably alienate people from the franchise and make them dislike the film as "exploitation".

Ryan Reynolds did a good job at not going over the top, but also making it fun enough for Deadpool fans, so he captured the die hards as well as the more widespread audience.

I think he did a good job.
>>
>>66936021
If it's bad that means its on par with B rated shit then? Its on par with Fan4stic?
>>
I almost went to see it, but I asked my friend how was it. and he said it was bad So I went to Spotlight instead.. and it was pretty solid.
>>
>>66939203
also have to realize that Deadpool fans are mostly kids and teens

film had to be "decent" enough for parents to not freak out, thats why the humor was not as edgy as it could be
>>
File: abstrashing.png (454 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
abstrashing.png
454 KB, 600x450
>>66939203

>In this context it will never be gory, nudy, extremely violent, or as edgy as some people want it to be.

Once again Hollywood dissapoints me, just kill me in my sleep
>>
File: 1457226305099.png (1 MB, 1166x506) Image search: [Google]
1457226305099.png
1 MB, 1166x506
>>66938905
If you honestly think that Birdman was about dissecting the capeshit genre then I'd suggest you rethink that sometime. Also, if anyone is going to compliment Deadpool on doing a great job of telling how stupid superheroes us - don't forget that it's not something new. It has been done before, in different forms and sizes, especially in comics itself. I'm also sick of this double standard with Deadpool, when his job is to mock and humiliate these capeshit heroes, while at the same all he does is leach from the existence of such tropes. If the were to be no capeshit nowadays, Deadpool would be a sad approximation to Freakazoid and nothing more.
>>
>>66938078
Stop being such a faggot sperg.
>>
File: 46 KB.jpg (32 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
46 KB.jpg
32 KB, 620x400
>>66938443
>>66938700
>>
>>66936021
>my-first-time-seeing-an-R-rated-movie-in-the-theater-core
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.