[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the most powerful, visceral and memorable cinematic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9
File: Once-Were-Warriors-15.jpg (199 KB, 1519x854) Image search: [Google]
Once-Were-Warriors-15.jpg
199 KB, 1519x854
What's the most powerful, visceral and memorable cinematic experience you've had?

Do remember exactly when and where you were? Were you alone or with family/friends?
>>
>maori ghost wind background noise intensifies
>>
http://youtu.be/jIp1I5Atr3Q
alone in my bed
>>
That part in Hostel when he cuts the chick's eye off and then pus just starts oozing out.
>>
recently the most memorable is probably the hunt or black mirror. especially the white bear episode

the despair just stays with you for hours after you've seen it and at times i regretted watching it because of how gruesome it was. it scars you emotionally somehow, can't really put my finger on it

once were warriors is up there but i had a hard time identifying with them since they are maoris, probably the furthest from my ethnicity you can get
>>
Un Homme Qui Dort in its entirety.
>>
One that sticks out is watching Tideland for the first time with my friends.

The relationship between the main character and the deformed retard was just so disturbing, there were multiple scenes where we thought they would kiss or worse and we would involuntarily shout no.

The movie is kind of boring without that added dramatic element though.
>>
File: images (33).jpg (21 KB, 595x247) Image search: [Google]
images (33).jpg
21 KB, 595x247
GET OFF THE ROAD

I was 11 years old. Cinema. Mum, Dad and my sister.. This scene came along and rattled me. Never forget it.
>>
File: Martyrs.jpg (993 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Martyrs.jpg
993 KB, 1600x1200
When she slowly removes the helmet from the prisoner
>>
>>66927210
*tips*
>>
2001: a space odyssey with a friend on a huge beamer. After the "hyperspace" segment and the cosmic baby we sat there in awe for literal 5 minutes unable to disturb the profound silence with mere words. 5min sounds short but imagine doing _nothing_ during that time other than being blown away
>>
>tfw she doesnt make you eggs
>>
>>66927035
My mom used to leave me alone on fridays. I was a little high because I smoked a joint. I had downloaded "Apocalypse Now Redux" in 1080. I can barely remember what I watched, but, fuck, it was absolutely amazing.
>>
Dunno. Probably Gravity in 3D with my mate when it came out. Never sweat so much in the cinema, it was easily the most I've felt involved in a movie. We were living in a squat with about 14 other people and they'd all seen it, we came back and talked about it for ages.
>>
File: 1439423661787.webm (2 MB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
1439423661787.webm
2 MB, 1280x544
The most intense moment of my life
>>
File: blade runner.jpg (265 KB, 998x1500) Image search: [Google]
blade runner.jpg
265 KB, 998x1500
watching blade runner (final) on the big screen while already legitimately struggling a bit because my dream had been ripped away from me (injuries) sent me into a full existential crisis

watching it again now that im a little more balanced but a lot more in my own head just adds layers of suffering but it's beautiful and important so im ok with it. mostly.
>>
File: JangoSansHelmet-SWE.jpg (64 KB, 624x696) Image search: [Google]
JangoSansHelmet-SWE.jpg
64 KB, 624x696
>>66927035
COOK THE MAN SOME FUCKING EGGS
>>
>>66927169
>>66927169
black mirror must be the worst show ivr seen in a while. Its so utterly prentetious while managing to have NO believable world at all with plotholes so huge you can call them plotvalleys. It really felt like a bunch of tumblr OC ideas thrown together and most of the time it had a mind numbingly hamfisted morale that got shoved down the viewers throat. Best episode was the first because it took place in a believable fleshed out universe (the real one) and still they managed to have plotholes galore.

Yes Im mad, I had to endure the whole show because it was with my regular film group and we/I have a strict no pussy policy
>>
>>66927956
Fuck, after I went to see this with schoolfriends we were all discussing who our favourite character was. I picked Jango and was mocked mercilessly cos he got his head cut off. I just thought he looked cool
>>
File: Star_Wars_Bounty_Hunter_PS2.jpg (48 KB, 353x500) Image search: [Google]
Star_Wars_Bounty_Hunter_PS2.jpg
48 KB, 353x500
>>66928060
Should have told them to play pic related, then come back to you and tell them he isn't cool as fuck.
>>
>>66927035
Mimic 3: Sentinel, but only because I was incredibly high.

Can't remember much, but I think a character survived an explosion via locking himself into the fridge.
>>
File: CE5.jpg (56 KB, 425x213) Image search: [Google]
CE5.jpg
56 KB, 425x213
>>
The Fountain.

I was madly in love with this chick at the time and it was an impossible relationship, doomed to fail, so I related to the movie like it was written for me.
Didn't cry, but this movie left a mark like no other.
It remained my favorite movie for years after that and I shilled for it every chance I had.
I watched it alone.
>>
>>66927035
Fight Club on opening night in 1999. Nobody knew anything about the movie and nothing had been spoiled. When the twist is revealed it blew me away. I got a bit of a head rush and couldn't believe it or that I hadn't figured it out. It was amazing.
>>
I was about 9 years old and somehow ended up watching Se7en with my (obviously very permissive) dad.

Fucked me up for a good, long while, that one did.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
Watching this with a friend knowing nothing going into it...
Changed us both.
>>
>>66928779
Came here to post The Fouintain. My favorite movie of all time.

Top-tier taste, mate.
>>
>>66927318
this
>>
>>66929532
thanks mate, top tier taste to you too.

The fountain is usually the movie that draws the line for me between pleb taste and patrician taste.
A true patrician will always know how to appreciate this awesome movie.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.