[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fucking Fantastic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 8
File: exceeds expectations.jpg (59 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
exceeds expectations.jpg
59 KB, 720x1080
5/5 stars.
Goodman deserves an Oscar.
>>
5/5

Name 5 critics that do this
>>
And before anyone asks

Yes it's a sequel
Yes it's good
>>
Who else got giddy at the slusho reference
>>
>>66914453
The rape scene was a little intense, a few people walked out. I didn't think Goodman was capable of such a performance
>>
>>66914453

ugh I have no idea if I should see this movie

I haven't seen Cloverfield, does that matter?

I also don't know if it's just plebs that are enjoying this movie.

OP, what are your favourite horror movies so I know where you stand? Did you like The Witch?
>>
>>66914533
I did.

It was proof that the movie wasn't going to be just some unrelated film with a silmilar title like 99% of /tv/ thought.

Rarely am I pleased in ways like this.
>>
>>66914558
Yeah,he's a pretty large fellow.
>>
TROLLS TROLLS ITT
THIS MOVIE IS SHIT AND DOESN'T REFERENCE THE FIRST ONE AT ALL.
>>
>>66914453
Movie is pretty much unrelated to clover field no suprise. Bear slug monster and ufo's at the end. Its pretty stupid but Goodman delivered a strong performance.
>>
Decent movie up until MEW gets out of the bunker, it goes full retard at that point ... 6.5/10*
>>
Goodman is actually evil, shoots guy in face, dissolves body and half his own face with acid
>>
>>66914568
>ugh I have no idea if I should see this movie
See it. It's just an all around good movie. Has a lot of tension running throughout. And it just jumps straight into it. I was worried that the movie was going to be 90 minutes of them underground and then at the very end the scene from the trailer with a little extra.
Nope. That scene where she goes up and looks outside is not even a fourth into the movie. The advertising his the true core of the film. Very pleased.
>I haven't seen Cloverfield, does that matter?
No. This film stands on its own very well. You won't be confused at all if you didn't see the first movie.
That being said, it definitely takes place in the same cinematic universe, so watching the first film can't hurt.
>I also don't know if it's just plebs that are enjoying this movie.
I'm not sure plebs will actually like this one so much. When I walked out of the theater, most people enjoyed it but there were two obvious neets complaining about the "realism"
>OP, what are your favourite horror movies so I know where you stand?
Alien, The Thing, The decent, Sinister, the Fly
I think the Shining is one of the most overrated movies ever.
I wouldn't say this is really a horror movie though
>Did you like The Witch?
To be honest I was drunk when I saw it so idk.
>>
>>66914453

it was shit
>>
>>66914606
>Movie is pretty much unrelated to clover field no suprise
I just walked out of the film 20 minutes ago.
You're full of shit.
The worst part is I can tell you've seen the film, so either you're just shitposting on purpose or you literally can't connect the dots.
>>
File: winstead.jpg (375 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
winstead.jpg
375 KB, 1280x800
fuck the movie, how was mew?
>>
>>66915035
>how was mew?
Phenomenal.
Also retardedly hot. That fucking ass HNNNNG
>>
>>66914533
>Who else got giddy at the slusho reference

I got a huge ass smile on my face
>>
>>66914970

whoa that was the best response you could have made

I also think The Shining is one of the most overrated movies ever made. I actually think it's not just overrated but pretty bad even.

I also saw the Witch drunk but I'm a functional alcoholic so I could still appreciate it.

Thing, Descent, and Fly are huge for me and I think Sinister is underrated.

Thanks for the thoughts man, I'll probably go see it based on your words alone.
>>
>>66915170
No problem.
Cut back on the drinks
>>
>>66914558
>Howard
>A rapist

if by rape, he dressed up a dead girl in a pretty pink princess dress...then yes.
>>
Is pretty princess the new epic meme?
>>
>>66914483

>Yes it's a sequel

Sure, if you think a bunch of tiny, inconsequential references make a sequel. Doofus.
>>
>>66914453
>5/5
IDK about that, but very pleased nonetheless.

Better than clover 1
>>
>>66914558

It's PG-13, there was no rape.
>>
>>66915491
>It's PG-13
How? It was more deserving of R than most R movies I saw last year
>>
>>66914453
>>66915456
Can't tell if trolling or being serious.....
>>
So why was Clover so big in the first movie?
>>
>>66915562

How do you figure? All we saw was the burned woman and some very minor injuries on Goodman considering he was just covered in acid.
>>
>>66915562
so did Krampus

hell, Krampus was a better goosebumps movie than Goosebumps
>>
>>66915599
>So why was Clover so big in the first movie?
He's the same species as the aliens that are connected to the patrol ships.
He was fully grown.
>>
>>66915599
as big as a football field
>clover Field
>>
>>66915621

There's no evidence to support this shit theory.
>>
>>66915615
She also said fuck 3 times
>>
I liked it, although I feel it might have been a stronger movie without the cloverfield tie in

8/10

Did Howard kill whatsherface? was that explained? was it intentionally mysterious? does the alien gas not last in the air? Was Emmitt burned by the acid or by aliens?
>>
I'm still a little sad some anon spoiled the movie on here earlier.
>>
>>66915647
>There's no evidence to support this shit theory.
Except, you know, that they look exactly the same and have the same roar.

Also, the 4-note theme from "Roar" (Micheal Giaccello's track composed for the first film's soundtrack) briefly plays when the camera pans up to the monster.
>>
>>66915707
The alien we saw attack Mew looked more like a xenomorph
>>
so is there a monster or not in this movie? and what is it's role?

fuck the story, i just want to see cool monster designs
>>
>>66915677

Yeah, that sucks. This is a movie that will fall flat without the tension of the mystery.
>>
>>66915677
>I'm still a little sad some anon spoiled the movie on here earlier.
Is this your first week on /tv/?

Also, his post was pretty lengthy. If you read the whole thing you can only blame yourself.

>>66915731
He's talking about the alien that drives the ship, which admittedly did look a lot like a slightly smaller clover.
>>
>>66915707

They look nothing alike, I'm not even sure how you could think that.
>>
>>66915750
luckily the casual audience (the most money) don't come onto 4chan looking for spoilers
>>
>>66915749
Yeah I'm with this anon. Is there any good pay off with a monster/monsters? I'm not putting my self through an hour of shaky cam again to see a fucking foot.
>>
9/10 and I hate fucking everything.
>>
I am very pleased the 'spoiler' of Michelle trying to escape wasn't the big climax of the story
>>
>>66915783

There's no shakeycam.
>>
>>66915768
the thing we saw opening it's mouth trying to eat the truck?

the scene we had with hudson didn't not have similar mouths
>>
>>66915749
>>66915749
Yes there's monsters.
You see a lot more of them than in the first film.

>>66915750
>Yeah, that sucks. This is a movie that will fall flat without the tension of the mystery.
Maybe for you. Most people have not and will not be spoiled.
>>
>>66915750
But that's a sign of a bad film. I had thing spoiled to shit when I first watched it but it was still gut wrenching and fantastic.
>>
>>66915750

if "spoilers" ruin your enjoyment of a movie than either the movie is a piece of garbage or you're a pleb piece of shit

plot means nothing
>>
>>66915783
You get to see some tiny sphincter monster and you also get to see a big ass thing with a huge mouth trying to chomp shit

>>66915813
when she is outside it's mostly shakycam
>>
>>66915421
Do you want Howard to put your corpse into a pretty princess dress?
>>
>>66915813
don't lie to me you jabroni
>>
Honestly?
This is a solid 9/10 for me.
I feel like with time it may drop to an 8/10.

And yes, I expect a nomination for Goodwin
>>
>>66915819

I didn't get spoiled and I enjoyed the movie. I'm just saying that the tension and mystery is a huge part of what makes it succeed.
>>
>>66915837
Hmm, good enough. I like Goodman and I like monster films yet fucking hate JewJew. Two out of three aint bad.
>>
>>66915832
>>66915833

God damn the people here are retarded.
>>
>>66915885

"muh plot"
>>
>>66915851

Goodman was good, but not nomination good. 0 chance he will get one.
>>
>>66915884
keep in mind they are not the focus of the movie, you get maybe 15 minutes of monster action
>>
>>66915885
fuck off pleb.
>>
>No shakycam
>more monsters
>actual good plot
>suspense/mystery
>dat ass
>Goodwin is GOAT
>strong capable female protagonist that somehow doesn't come off as a mary sue
>actual sequel to cloverfield

I set my expectations super fucking low but I was pleasantly surprised.
Highly reccomended.
Certainly better than Disney's Crash.
>>
>>66915885
But it's the truth, if a film is only good once going in blind yet bland every other time it's not very good. Fuck off shamalamadingdong.
>>
Just saw this, what was the slusho reference? Really love the first movie and all of it's ARG so I was surprised I missed it
>>
>>66915900

Have you even seen the movie, faggot? It hinges on the mystery and the audience being in the same position as MEW. There are several points that are supposed to change your expectations, they're meaningless if you know the outcome.
>>
>>66915907
Well how's Goodman? If he gets enough screen time I'll go see it.
>>
>>66915904
>Goodman was good, but not nomination good. 0 chance he will get one.
If Damon can get nominated for the Martian and Leo can WIN for literally grunting for 3 hours, then Goodman can get nominated for this
>>
>>66915965

He's good, gets heaps of screentime.
>>
>>66915965
Goodman is fantastic the entire way through

I will be surprised if he isn't nominated for anything
>>
>>66915968

I'm just saying, don't be disappointed when it doesn't happen. Because it won't.
>>
>>66915987
Nice, I'll check it out then. Any advice on keeping the thought of my money going into JewJews pocket out of my head while I watch it?
>>
>>66915940
They referenced Tagruato/Bold Futura.
>>
>>66914453
The first part of the movie is really good. After she gets out it's absolutely shit. Seriously, she destroys a giant alien ship with a molotov?
>>
>>66915948

you sound so incredibly dumb and illiterate when it comes to films

the quality of the construction is what creates tension, not fucking plot points you sad little person. every time I watch Don't Look Now or Rosemary's Baby I am made to feel the same level of tension because the way the film is made, not because I'm thinking "oooh what could happen next?!" Engaging with a movie solely on the level of plot is literally the definition of a pleb.
>>
>>66916049
Oh, COME ON
>>
>>66916041

That it's a young director's first shot and he does a good job. I'm sure he'll do well in the future.
>>
>>66915948
Not that guy, but as someone that has seen it, albeit still fresh in my mind, I would easily watch and enjoy this again knowing what is going to happen.

There's so many references and clues I saw but didn't get a good look at.

Also, the suspense is good enough that I'll be able to watch it again and be in one of those positions where I'm rooting for the characters anyway.
>>
>>66916064
Exactly, what this chuckle fuck should stick to is soap operas. A cliff hanger every week ohhhh what will happen next!
>>
>>66916049
>The first part of the movie is really good
You mean 90% of it?
>After she gets out it's absolutely shit.
I disagree, as do most apparently, but I will concede that the best part of the film was before she got out.
>>
The Cloverfield stuff was by far the worst part. Should have just left it as The Cellar.
>>
so is this movie more like the divide than shaky cam godzilla?
>>
>>66916064

This is not a masterpiece, this is not a future classic. It's a fun, tense, monster movie and you sound like a retard for treating it like anything more.

This is not a movie you will go back to appreciate it's "construction".
>>
>>66916137
>The Cloverfield stuff was by far the worst part
Nah. Kept me guessing the whole movie.

The slusho reference for instance was important because it let fans of the original know we wee dealing with a sequel. It's a neat film in that there's multiple approaches to watch it from. Newcomers can also enjoy it.
>>
>>66916064
>>66916115

Stop talking to yourself, faggot.
>>
>>66916181
you shilling fag
how do i get paid to shill
>>
>>66916181
What was the reference exactly?
>>
>>66916152
But it's not a monster movie. The original Cloverfield was a monster movie. This is essentially a thriller where aliens show up eventually.
>>
>>66916237

Literally just a brand being present in both films, it's for people desperate to tie the two films together.
>>
>>66916222
>He disagrees with me
>SH-SHILL!
For the record, I do think the ending was a bit abrupt, I just thought it was a solid movie.
>>
>>66916284
If the slusho reference was the only connection you noticed, then you must have fallen asleep.

Either way, that's a pretty rediculous criticism. This movie holds up fine on its own.
>>
>>66916357

Yeah, there were tiny references and none of them tie the movies together at all. This was not conceived as a Cloverfield sequel, this was a script that JewJew thought he could stick the name on and people would lap it up.
>>
>>66916357

and yes, I agree the movie holds up fine on it's own. They should have avoided the Cloverfield name because it adds nothing.
>>
>>66916449
Nothing except pissed off fans of the original
>>
script was written by a schizo. totally all over the place. overidden by cliches. ending was anticlimactic. fuck the mother of whoever put those jumpscares together. goodman was mediocre. all others were horrible actors. gravely disappointed. even the credits disappointed me when it showed that abrams wasnt even the director. go outside check out the poster. literally says produced my jj abrams on top. then again produced my jj abrams and some other people. director's name is last in the poster. fuck to this piece of shit. 3/10
>>
>>66916605

Exactly. It's already getting a lot of negativity purely because of the name. This is a better movie than Cloverfield in virtually every way.
>>
>>66916181
It does the opposite of keeping you guessing the whole movie, though. You know the monsters are real because of the title. Stop being a fag.
>>
>>66916614

Do you not understand that a producer is different from a director? Also kek that JJ directing would actually be a positive thing for you.
>>
>>66916614
>jumpscares
there were no jumpscares
>>
Loved it and hated cloverfield. Thank god it has nothing substantial to do with cloverfield. Way better conceptually amd in practice. These small setting movies are always my favorite.
>>
>>66916675

Car crash was kind of a jumpscare, but I thought it worked well.
>>
all these guys saying it's related because muh slusho reference

you also think every show and movie that mentions the fake brand morley cigs are related?
>>
>>66914533

When was the reference? The only connection I noticed was the Kelvin Gas Station.
>>
>>66916708
I guess there were a few startling moments but I don't think any of the sudden things were scary

The knives in the vent were also a little startling but it wasn't in a horror movie kind of way
>>
>>66916746

The vent scene was probably the creepiest for me, I was expecting her to get stabbed in the leg or something.
>>
>>66916745
read
>>66916284
>>
>>66916411
>Yeah, there were tiny references and none of them tie the movies together at all.
I guess we didn't see the same movie.
>This was not conceived as a Cloverfield sequel
And yet it became one
>>
>>66916284

Yes, but specifically nigga, what was the reference? I didn't see anything related to Slusho.
>>
>>66916885

All I see is a bunch of people desperate to tie them together in some way.

>OHH WOW, A BRAND FROM CLOVERFIELD
>OHH SHIT, A LETTER THAT RELATES TO CLOVERFIELD
>>
To whoever liked this processed hollywood trash, watch more movies.
>>
>>66916647
>It does the opposite of keeping you guessing the whole movie, though. You know the monsters are real because of the title. Stop being a fag.
Nope.
I went with a party of 6 people and we all thought that cloverfield in the title was a red herring.
Hell, that's what almost all of /tv/ thought. Glad they were wrong.
>>
>>66916660
I just got baited to think that fucker directed it since his name is first on everything related to the movie, poster, articles, trailer etc. I agree with your kek tho. kekking too.
>>
8/10

Goodman is fucking amazing in this and is worth the ticket alone.
>>
>>66917063

Fair enough pham, I do think it's shitty when they list a famous producer, like it makes any difference.
>>
>>66914453
Just got back from watching it. One of best genre flicks I've seen at the cinema in quite some time. In fact, I enjoyed it more than the original. Also, if Goodman doesn't get a Supporting Actor nod at the Oscars or GGs I'll be annoyed.
>>
Can someone give full spoilers? Not going to be able to see this foir a while.
>>
>>66917089
Pure baito. Even the trailer looked so fucking awesome. And the Cloverfield in the title... when even the director or the writers have no idea if the movie ties with Cloverfield monster movie. Pure... baito all around.
>>
I'm a big Goodman fan

might watch it purely for him
>>
>>66917235
John Goodman kidnaps her for his bunker. Goodman thinks there was a nuclear attack so they can't leave the bunker for a year or two because of the fallout. Turns out Goodman kidnapped and murdered another girl before this, as a surrogate for his daughter who was taken by his ex-wife. MEW builds a hazmat suit out of shower curtain and escapes. Turns out the air is breathable and there was no nuclear attack, but aliens have invaded.

She blows up a huge spaceship with a molotov (which was as ridiculous as it sounds) and then drives off to houston to try and save other people.
>>
>>66917235
The reason Howard gets no incoming transmissions on his radio is the same reason Michelle's phone had no signal.
>>
>>66917373
Sonofabitch. Thanks anon.
>>
>>66917283

He gives a great performance, as per usual.
>>
>>66917398
does that mean that aliens invaded during the first movie?
>>
>>66917373
Was that the dead girl in the blue drum?
>>
File: BigLebowski_Walter.jpg (118 KB, 729x759) Image search: [Google]
BigLebowski_Walter.jpg
118 KB, 729x759
>>66917447
that's where you are mistaken, you see I have no idea
>>
>>66917460
We never find out what happened to her, presumably he did use the acid on her body, but there would have been bones if she was still in there.
>>
>>66917235
Chick gets in a car crash, wakes up in a room hand cuffed to a pipe, goodman comes in tells her he saved her life, and that she cant go outside, he eventually lets her out, she meets some other dude who knows goodman, he is a pretty cool but boring guy, goodman this whole time is autistic psychotic, she tries to escape outside the bunker they are in, some infected women is outside who kills herself by headbutting glass to come in, goodman is eventually found to have killed a girl before, girl and guy try to make hazmat suit to go outside, goodman finds out somehjng is going on, shoots cool guy in the head bcsuse he takes responsibility to at least save girl, goodman dips him in acid breaking bad style to dissolve him, she gets caught by goodman with the hazmat, she makes him fall on the acid, eventually goes outside, finds out there is an alien invasion going on, survives an alien attack by throwing molotov in the organic alien ship, she drives out and hears on radio there is a resistance going on, turns to te direction where the resistance is at. i left out some bullshit in the bunker plot tho. mostly goodmans paranoid conspiracy creepy rapist paedophilic violent autistic shit.
>>
>>66917507
So we don't find out what's in the drum?
>>
>>66917447

Aside from a few small references, there's nothing to tie the two movies together in any real way. I assume this is a different universe or timeline.

Other people think the monster from the first movie was part of the invasion, but there's no evidence of that.
>>
>>66917532

The drum is full of acid, which he uses for another body
>>
>>66917005
That's what I'm thinking from these reviews. Like, maybe, maybe this could have been a good mini series or twilight zone episode, but a huge movie? Seems kind of cash grabby
>>
>>66917601
I was so disappointed man. I was expecting better from seeing the trailer. I noticed that they tried so hard to keep their pg 13 rating. Total cash grab...
>>
>>66917601

The cloverfield name is definitely a cashgrab by JewJew Binks, but it's still a solid movie.
>>
Anyone got screencaps of the aliens?
>>
>>66915749
Humans are the real monsters, so yes. There's monsters.
>>
File: Kishin4-52.jpg (81 KB, 448x598) Image search: [Google]
Kishin4-52.jpg
81 KB, 448x598
>>66917541
For the last time Clover isn't an alien.
>>
>>66917685
Two aliens showed up. One was a big cat sized tardigrade looking monster with metal diamondshaped bumps all over his skin. Other was a ship.
>>
>>66917685
Imagine a prolapsed anus with teeth inside
>>
>>66917731

I didn't say it was... What is the actual explanation for the monster from the first movie? I haven't seen it for ages.
>>
>>66917759

This is pretty accurate.
>>
>>66917767
Clover IS an alien.
We see him fall from the sky at the end of the first film
>>
>>66917829
No, Abrams and the ARG said that's a satellite. It's what woke Clover up, along with Tagruato's drilling
>>
>>66917767
Sea monster on nature's undersea steroids that got woken up by reckless humans
>>
>>66917731
Finally someone fucking says it. I'm sure alot of people ITT were in fucking elementary school back in 08
>>
>>66917892

Will I get mad gains if I use undersea steroids? Cheers for the explaination pham.
>>
>>66917921

No one in here is saying it's an alien, doofus.
>>
>>66917927
It's called the seabed nectar. You should google Cloverfield Viral marketing.
Back in 2008 they went all out with the campaign, fun times.
>>
>>66917927
You'll get mad gains by drinking more slusho
>>
>>66917960

Well, except for this dummy. >>66917829
>>
File: MONSTA.jpg (55 KB, 800x449) Image search: [Google]
MONSTA.jpg
55 KB, 800x449
>>66917960
See>>66917829
faggot
>>
>>66917969

Cheers, I'll do that
>>
>>66918004
See
>>66917998
cunt
>>
>>66918060
Literally 11 seconds apart senpai
>>
>>66918090

Was the earliest it'd let me post pham
>>
>>66914453
I thought it was meh. Like some early people said, its like something you expect to watch on Netflix, not a must see.
>>
>>66917892
and then worship as a God when it attacks Japan prior to the events of the movie.

Still wondering why they didn't officially translate the manga and release it as part of the Blu Ray or even the figure they made for Clover.
>>
I fucking wish it was a sequel, but goddamn it, it was so fucking good.
>>
File: cloverfield.jpg (17 KB, 576x394) Image search: [Google]
cloverfield.jpg
17 KB, 576x394
Remember this spoopy shit?
>>
So let me get this fucking straight.
I'm supposed to believe that Clover is completely unrelated to the aliens?
Is this the universe where stupid, unrelated apocalyptic shit happens to the same planet at the same time?
>>
>>66914568
Its a pass, its a redbox movie. Its plebs brah. Watch The VVITCH. Not OP but favorite horror movies are High Tension, In the Mouth of Madness, Attic Expeditions.
>>
>>66918305
I thought it was implied from JJ and Trachenberg's comments that these do not take place on the same Earth, kinda like Twilight Zone.
>>
>>66915094
She's a 5/10, strong taste.
>>
>>66918305
We don't know the time frame. MEW uses the newer iPhone. So that's either a mistake on their part or it is WAY after the first movie.

Only thing for sure is Clover comes from the ocean and is/isn't the last of it's kind.
>>
>>66915421
Wouldnt it be little princess.
>>
>>66915750
Thats probably why I didn't enjoy it. Knew theres aliens so you don't have the suspense the whole movie.
>>
I just really liked this movie :) Worked on so many levels, was genuinely thrilling and gripping, I wanted to suck this girls asshole so hard I'd be able to taste her mouth wash :)

People shit on the JJ but because of him some young director got to make his first Hollywood feature about 3 people in a bunker and have it be a major release. Even if you're upset there's not enough monsters I hope you can appreciate that.

There's a few things I didn't like, one being the over bearing score that just didn't let up and killed tension; also, when the girl put her pants on so you didn't get as good of a look at her ass which I wanted to suck so hard I'd be able to tell how good she was at flossing :)

Also shoutout to Kubrikian helicopter footage of cars
>>
Making this a Cloverfield movie was a huge mistake. It makes you know there's some fantastical element the entire time. With the Cloverfield name, the aliens swerve is horseshit because you realize this isn't a sequel. Without the Cloverfield name the aliens swerve would have been some really out of left field shit that would have made a great twist.
>>
>>66918445
Gotta agree with you on the pants thing

That ass was too fine to not display a little bit more

I also almost audilbly sighed when the from behind shot in the vent was too dark
>>
>>66918512
Absolutely man, I was so pissed off that we don't get to see her spread that asshole that I want to suck so hard that if she pursed her lips she would be whistling
>>
>>66915491
it's a meme you dipshit
>>
>>66914453
How did they manage to fuck up a great movie in the matter of 10~ minutes? The entire fucking film is ruined because of the ending, and now Cloverfield is ruined. Fucking hell
>>
>>66914568

just go watch it you tool stop relying on others opinions of movies.
>>
Can someone post the aliens from the film?
>>
>>66918608
I really liked the ending if I'm being honest over here, I like how the reason for this attack is something nobody could have guessed but something Goodman predicted

and theres an explosion:)))
>>
>>66918655
holy shit piss off. It went from an interesting monster movie with a conspiracy tied in with a Japanese corporation, to a fucking alien invasion end of the world scenario.

I have never been so pissed over a movie. Cloverfield was literally one of my friends and I's favorite movie
>>
>>66918714
movies make me feel a lot of things, joy, melancholy, disappointment, awe, satisfaction

but a movie has never made me pissed off. are you by any chance on the spectrum?
>>
File: giphy.gif (416 KB, 213x201) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
416 KB, 213x201
>>66918767
Not him but I have only ever been pissed off by one movie

Interstellar

I'M STILL PISSED THAT MOVIE WAS SHIT
>>
>>66914453
Goodman was great.

All of the bunker scenes were great, should have ended a bit sooner.

If they had to have aliens they shouldn't have dragged it out the way they did, also could have ended it in a more abigouous way and kept you guessing of Goodman's intent even after the end

or go all the way serial killer and not have aliens at all
>>
>people saying this is a sequel to Cloverfield because of some easter eggs

>Goodman's character mentions aliens
>other characters think he's crazy
>no one fucking mentions the giant thing that attacked New York
>not once

Yeah, nah, shut the fuck up. It was a great movie, but it had nothing to do with Cloverfield. Like Super 8. Abrams like to throw "inspired by" and "very similar" and "Cloverfield fans will love" around to sell tickets but that's it. He even clearly states they are separate. Please stop spouting bullshit in every thread so we can actually discuss the movie. Thanks
>>
I dont give a shit if its a sequel or not, this movie was so fucking good. My friends and I were debating going to the next showing after ours finished up
>>
i reckon the movie should have ended right after she saw the birds in the sky and removed her gas mask.
the whole alien sequence was fucking retarded and made the movie feel bigger than it should have.
>>
>>66919686
>It had nothing to do with cloverfield
This is by far the worst attempt to beat down a movie I have ever seen.

/tv/ is getting desperate.
>>
>>66919848
>the whole alien sequence was fucking retarded and made the movie feel bigger than it should have.
Odd, everyone in my theater thought it was really fitting, being a cloverfield movie and all.

To each his own I guess
>>
>>66918342
This here

Understand now that this franchise is much like a twilight zone

Can't be called a sequal and everyone that's spouting this is either retarded or a shill

I liked both movies, but the mist did this better

Only a third film will tell me if this is a series about apocalypse scenarios
>>
>>66918655
You oughta hear his theory on space worms
>>
>>66919902
>Can't be called a sequal and everyone that's spouting this is either retarded or a shill
You're right anon. All those connections, we just made them up!
>I liked both movies, but the mist did this better
Well this explains everything
>>
>>66915707
>>66915621
Matt Reeves confirmed in interviews that the creature in Cloverfield was a baby. You're retarded and faggot.
>>
>>66918714
It was always an alien invasion movie

The invasion and its effects were consistently referenced throughout the film

Holy shit this board
>>
>>66920013
>You're retarded and faggot.
That'a'boy anon! That will show em!
>>
>>66920005
Yea I loved the part where they referenced the tragedy in new York :^)
>>
>>66916049
She ignited the gas in the ship. You saw the gas explode when it hit the bunker
>>
>>66920064
>"still no word from New York following the blackout"

Are you retarded?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10_Cloverfield_Lane
>" The film started as a script titled The Cellar, but during production under Bad Robot Productions, it evolved to become a spiritual successor of the 2008 film Cloverfield."

The film has as much to do with the original cloverfield as star wars does with star trek
>>
Question, does the movie make you really jumpy at like every scene? I can't stand films like that, seriously cannot.
>>
>>66920204
Maybe just once or twice, but it stressed me the fuck out
>>
>>66920204

it has like 3 jump scares from what I remember, and 1 has been in the trailers. It has more parts that are suspenseful and legitimately creepy
>>
>>66920158
I don't beleive you but if that's true then are we dealing with a franchise that's about the whole world delving into every sort of apocalypse imaginable? First a giant monster, then alien invasion...is demons from hell next on the menu?
>>
I actually liked the ending because the crazy guy turned out to be right.
>>
since john goodman said he worked on satellites, and a satellite crashed in the first one awakening the monster...did he secretly know the whole time?
>>
>>66919881
i think part of it is that some people think it wouldve been fine as a standalone movie and not just having the last 20 minutes tie it loosely to Cloverfield to make it an "anthology franchise". I cant really say what i thought, since i havent seen the movie, but i get that complaint, considering the solid premise by its self
>>
so what the fuck is she going to do in Houston?
>>
>>66920229
>>66920235
Thank god. I love cloverfield, but I'm embarassed to say I left the theatre when it first came out. I was one of those naive souls that dug into the mystery and hype, I ended up keeping myself up at night, and scaring myself more than the movie actually did.
>>
>>66920385

fight the ayy lmaos with a band of faggots
>>
>>66920385
hopefully walk around in panties showing off dat ass again, hhhnnnngg
>>
So what kind of movie is it? Monster-drama? Monster-horror? Monster-Comedy? Is it really tense and stressful movie?
>>
>>66921250
suspense thriller I'd say
>>
I don't understand. If it's a sequel then what is the connection between the Cloverfield monster and the aliens? Cloverfield implied the monster was an ancient animal from Earth under the ocean.
>>
>>66921435
I was thinking that maybe these ayyliums are from clovey's home planet? when clovey woke they done noticed somehow?
>>
Hmmm

http://tagruato.jp/employee_of_the_month_2016_february.php
>>
Yes, Clover the monster from the first movie briefly appears in the movie. He's visible for a few seconds in the background outside the main girl's window while she is packing at the start of the film.

The monster's passing is also why the stuff on her shelves and dresser is falling over. She does not notice.
>>
>>66921704
There's no way she could have gotten from New York to Louisiana that quickly.
>>
>>66921649
>http://tagruato.jp/employee_of_the_month_2016_february.php
jfc this is old as fuck and literally the only connection ARG wise between he two.
>>
I'm sorry I can't help but feel you are all overhyping it too much. I guess I will find out tomorrow
>>
Anyone else notice the Taruato letter when she first gets to the air system?

I think that Clover was killed by the Hammer down Protocol in the first movie and the next few years everything started becoming normal again.

Then the ayy lmaos come down and start fucking shit up for whatever reason.
>>
just came back from seeing it, very good movie, its really mostly a suspense movie so dont hype yourself up thinking its going to be war of the worlds or something

john goodman was pretty amazing
>>
>>66921649
where did that link come from
>>
>>66915771
Agreed
>>
The next Cloverfield movie will be about the Aliens from this movie wanting to capture the Cloverfield monster and engineer its species into a weapon for wiping out planets. But its mother awakens before they can capture it and wrecks their shit.

At least that's what I'm guessing.
>>
>>66921649

>telemetry analyst
>yfw the stuff Howard was spouting is actually all true
>>
>>66916049
Its even worse than that.
>>
>>66920005
Alias had Slusho Easter eggs too. Does this mean it's also in the cloververse?
>>
>>66916913
A Slusho sign in the gas station window.
>>
>>66918371
Nobody said YOLO in 2008, either.
Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.