[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Favorite Arrested Development Character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: arrestedevelpoment.jpg (105 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
arrestedevelpoment.jpg
105 KB, 600x600
Who's the best Arrested Development character? Non-Bluth's included.

Wayne Jarvis is probably one of my favorites
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 550x400
>>
>>66912028
Tie between Lucille and George Sr.
>>
Tobias or Gob. Special mention to Barry
>>
Any other shows like AD?
>>
>>66912232
This nigga is 100% correct
>>
George Sr

Non-main cast: Gene Parmesan
>>
Patrician:
Buster (Even the other actors couldn't stay in character around him.)

Good:
Lucille
George Oscar
Michael's reactions
Ann

Meme:
Gob
Tobias

Shit:
George Michael
Lucille 2
>>
>Family
Tobias
Gob
George Michael

>Non-Family
Barry
Literal Doctor
Her
>>
have a bit of fun and make it hard mode - NO BLUTHS

>Lucille II
>>
Male: Barry
Female: SAY GOODBYE TO THESE!
>>
File: thelookofdefeat.jpg (69 KB, 434x594) Image search: [Google]
thelookofdefeat.jpg
69 KB, 434x594
>>66912028
>Not a single Gene Parmesan or Franklin
>>
>>66913194
Gene was already mentioned
>>
i wish lindsay was my mom
>>
>>66912459
I'd say Gene too. Even though I know Lucille is gonna do that squeal everytime he's around, I still laugh.
>>
>Fried cheese... with club sauce
>>
This is easily the best thing they ever did YOU OLD HORNY SLUT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trdQk1dQt-w
>>
>>66912368
Community is I think at the same level of comedy and intelligence (for seasons 1-3 anyway) but I dont think theres anything quite like arrested development.
>>
>>66912232
i wish they came up with a better reason for Barry to remain their lawyer. He was hialrious, but I never got why Michael didnt fire his retarded ass on day one
>>
Lucille is always great, but I think Michael is the main reason the show works so I'll go with him
>>
Literal Doctor
Gob
Buster
Tobias
Bob Loblaw
>>
>>66912028
Probably Buster
>They're my awards, Mother. From Army. The seal is for marksmanship, and the gorilla is for sand racing.

>>66912028
Guy's a pro
>>
>>66912368
Archer? Shares some cast too.
>>
>>66914085
Delete this
>>
THIS IS SUCH A BAD SHOW
>>
What's your favorite line?
>I DON'T WANT NO PART OF YOUR TIGHT ASS COUNTRY CLUB YA FREAK BITCH
>>
>>66912028
Franklin
>>
you guys know that one ultra profanity-laced rant that buster goes on? have people ever come out with the original script? I'd love to see exactly what he said
>>
>>66915646
I forget where I heard this, but apparently Tony Hale doesn't like to curse, so that rant was actually just him yelling the ABCs.
>>
>Bluth
GOB or Tobias - shout out to George-Michael

>non-Bluth
Gene, Barry or the doctor who can't word anything correctly

>>66915798
No way. this is gold.
>>
File: 1432467255104.jpg (11 KB, 323x241) Image search: [Google]
1432467255104.jpg
11 KB, 323x241
>>66915798

>just yelling the ABCs

oh god
>>
STEVE HOLT!

Seriously, the way Gob blanks him is uncomfortably hilarious
>>
Main cast: tie between Buster and GOB
Secondary: Barry Zuckerkorn
>>
The man inside me.
>>
Season 5 when?
>>
>>66913700
>same level of comedy and intelligence

hey everyone, this guy's confusing self-referential humor with sophistication! what a dork!
>>
>>66912368
Veep is kinda of but not all that similar
>>
>>66912368

Better Off Ted, kinda
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
No Carl Weathers. Yall must not like frugality and resourcefulness
>>
>tfw you watched AD for the first time this year, so can fap to adult Maeby's full-size jugs right away
>>
>>66917861
>You will never get your stew on with Carl Weathers
>>
>>66918887
>You will never have hot ham water
>>
this guy was amazing
>>
>>66916719
Not that anon, but Hurwitz and Harmon are literally quoted on saying that their friendship was built through their identical senses of humour. Just because you like one show more and want to act like top shit on the internet doesn't immediately disqualify actual facts. Community and AD have very similar comedy.

I prefer AD overall too. But if you actual compare Community's first season to AD's first season, it's pretty obvious that Community has better structure, pathos etc... AD makes up for a lot because of its consistency (it's attention to detail in regards to continuity if I'm going to be specific... since this probably hasn't been done to the same level on another sitcom before). Also it's beyond ironic for you to lambast Community for self-referential humour when a lot of AD's jokes revolve around call backs and previous jokes too.

Anyways, don't really know why I bothered typing this much out. You're just going to act like a self-entitled prick and refuse to acknowledge that you let your own bias cloud your judgement despite that being exactly what just happened.
>>
>>66919879
I appreciate you
>>
>>66919879
I think he was saying AD was unsophisticated since it's way more predicated on self-referential humor than Community is. Otherwise I don't know what he was saying.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.