[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just marathoned this. It was nothing special, really. Why is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: shawshank.jpg (39 KB, 314x475) Image search: [Google]
shawshank.jpg
39 KB, 314x475
Just marathoned this. It was nothing special, really. Why is it considered one of the greatest films of all time?
>>
>marathoned

you don't marathon a single fucking movie.
>>
>>66909233
I think its supposed to be an epic meymey.
>>
>>66909233
you do if it's longer than one hour and thirty minutes
>>
Reddit and IMDb plebs like it
>>
>>66909233

then what do you call watching it the whole way through at once poindexter?
>>
>>66909150

It's not. Go look at the actual credible lists of top films of all time. It's nowhere near the top of any.

Go to pleb-infested IMDB, and suddenly it's at the top.

It's not a coincidence. Stop thinking the uneducated pleb opinions run the world. Get educated and find better sources.
>>
File: Shawshank.jpg (20 KB, 515x286) Image search: [Google]
Shawshank.jpg
20 KB, 515x286
So...how come no one noticed that Shawshank was digging a tunnel?
>>
>>66909467
Because it was a shawshank redemption.
>>
>Shawshank redemption
>nothing special

Reported for underage
>>
File: 1443395551890.png (319 KB, 909x960) Image search: [Google]
1443395551890.png
319 KB, 909x960
Still my favorite movie senpai

love the time period, love the story, love the satisfaction I get from it
>>
anal rape is hard to resist
>>
File: 1410779171370.gif (460 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
1410779171370.gif
460 KB, 500x366
>/tv/ is now too contrarian for Shawshank Redemption
>But still love reality trash and low-brow fart and stoner comedies
>>
>>66909150
one time, a friend asked what my favourite movie was. To which I replied Blade Runner, he went on to say that it doesn't have much depth unlike his favourite... it was Shawshank. FUCK. THAT. Don't care to listen to his opinions on movies any more from that point.
>>
>>66909150
Listen you stupid young faggot, you dont have life experience. You barely have an identity . Your opinion is worthless. Please die.
>>
>>66909233
shut the fuck up bitch
>>
it's a good movie but I think it should be 10~13 minutes shorter and the soundtrack could have been better used
>>
>>66909233
like clockwork

the problem with this reddit infestation is it's no longer obvious if someone is going along with the memeing or if they've actually fallen for the bait
>>
>>66910364
>his opinion is not your opinion therefore his opinion is bad

Stay classy, friend.
>>
>>66909150
>marathoned
>single movie

You mean you watched it without pausing every 5 minutes to shitpost on 4chan?
>>
>>66910478
Holy shit youre a fag
>>
>>66910526
could you even say that Shawshank is an objectively better film than Blade runner without smirking?
>>
>>66910654
Absolutely not, but that's not the point, this elitist meme is just getting real old.
>>
>>66909416

examples plez
>>
>>66909416
>Stop thinking the uneducated pleb opinions run the world.
They do, though. Look at politics and the economy.
>>
>>66909322
WATCHING A MOVIE
>>
>>66909467
>If his cell was at the end of the hallway, what was he digging into?
>>
>>66910516
>soundtrack could have been better used
You serious nigga?

Shawshank's soundtrack is more well matched than any other movie I can think of. Each piece complements the tone of the scene perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgEHriNqUD8
>>
>Red, hope is a dangerous this. I hope you can realize in hear, we refer to it as the Shawshank Redemption

really
>>
I like the part where it turns out that Shawshank Redemption isn't an actual prison, but representative of the walls Refrain created within his own consciousness that limits his freedom as an individual being.

The rape is presented as the penetration into Freight Train's comfort zone of things he is afraid of. In this case, a phobia regarding penises instilled from childhood after his uncle Roy forced him to perform cunnilingus.

His obsession with rocks represents the secret joy he takes in a rock-hard penis, obviously. His "meticulous nature" refers to the fact that he is a romantic kind of guy who takes long walks on the beach and enjoys expensive dinners before performing carnal acts.

The black guy, obviously, is representative of getting cucked.
>>
>>66910712
Hey its not like he wasn't trodding on my opinion in the first place and I didn't give him shit for it, I just don't hold his opinions in high regard any more.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.