[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain what the fuck this movie was about.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Donnie_Darko_poster.jpg (38 KB, 268x392) Image search: [Google]
Donnie_Darko_poster.jpg
38 KB, 268x392
Can someone explain what the fuck this movie was about.
>>
Sometimes, the bunny really really wants to fuck YOU
>>
>>66905761
Just a kid with a mental disorder. Not really that deep.
>>
>>66905761
It was about drugs.
>>
>>66905784
>put
>the
>bunny
>down
>>
>>66905801
So the weird time travel shit has no explanation?
>>
I don't remember but i liked it.
>>
I always thought he traveled back in time to safe his family from some shit
rewatched it 2 years ago and still didn't get what the fuck it was about
>>
The more you try to think about it the less sense it makes. Just enjoy the vibes.
>>
time travel duh
>>
File: 62709.jpg (15 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
62709.jpg
15 KB, 200x300
>>66905761
>movie
Why don't you try watching actual cinéma for once in your life
>>
I remember googling it and read something that really made sense, try that.

I think basically the entire movie was him being given a chance to spend time with that qt, but when she dies he takes the option of going back in time and sacrificing himself to save her. Or something.

Good movie, shame about the edgy teen reputation. Also GOAT soundtrack.
>>
In the DD universe, time can get fucked up when 'artefacts' from the future, which are generally metal, fall through into the past and change history.

It's mentioned in the website that this has happened before with arrowheads and swords and shit. This time, it's an airplane engine. These incursions cause a branch universe that splits off the universe, but the branching timeline can only exist temporarily, and at the end of the time limit, it collapses into the main universe and destroys everything. One person is chosen to stop this from happening, being given powers in the branch universe, like the ability to control fire and water, see timelines and create wormholes. The universe has its own weird rules too, like anyone close to the chosen one is subconsciously driven to help him accept his goal, and anyone who dies who's close to him can travel back along his timeline to directly assist him as well (Frank).

Donnie avoids the engine thanks to Frank, learns how to control his powers, fucks Jena Malone, then eventually creates a wormhole when the world is about to end that sends the jet plane engine back in time- only this time it comes from the branch timeline and from a flight that won't happen. It closes the loop and everyone wakes up after dreams of the timeline that never was. Donnie chooses death, as apparently other chosen ones before him have.
>>
>>66905956
This is how I interpreted it. A wormhole between two realities opens when the plane crashes, Donnie is given the choice to live or die.
>>
Hipsters loved it. Not sure. Never cared to watch it. My hipster friend that loved it converted to Islam.
>>
>>66906162
this t b h f a m
>>
>>66906162
Glad we solved that:

Next question: How exactly does one suck a fuck?
>>
ALL AROUND ME ARE FAMILIAR FACES
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.