[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>turn down every script given to you >ghostbusters 3.0
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5
File: Bill_Murray.jpg (161 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
Bill_Murray.jpg
161 KB, 600x900
>turn down every script given to you
>ghostbusters 3.0 is never made because of you
>years later
>ghostbusters: tumblrina edition gets made
>you are forced to be part of it and get even killed in the movie

Why is nobody angry at him? It's literally all his fault that this happened
>>
>>66875279
Becuase he's le ebin redddit man.
>>
who?
>>
He prevented the train wreck that would of been gb3

Unfortunately they went and did it without him
>>
>>66875364
>Unfortunately they went and did it without him
but he is in it anyway, and this one cannot possibly be better than the scripts they proposed to him
>>
Why does any man do feminist bullshit?

To get laid
>>
>>66875364
I don't see why he'd be so resistant. It's not like 2 hadn't already taken a dump on the original.
>>
>>66875364
the point is that his refusal for that trainwreck allowed an even bigger one to exist
>>
>>66875279
>>you are forced to be part of it and get even killed in the movie
Why should we be mad about that? Sony held a gun to his head.
>>
>>66875279
Because Ghostbusters 3 would've been a fucking disaster. I'm sure it would've been better than the remake but who cares? Either way we end up with a big pile of shit that disgraces a beloved franchise.
>>
>>66875474
So what? You don't stab yourself in the eyes because someday someone might stab you in the eyes and chop off your cock. He did what he could.
>>
I used to applaud Bill for having the integrity to say no to a shitty GB3. I'd rather have nothing than a shitty sequal. Then Ramis died and and everyone involved gave up, leading to ballbusters. Now I'm kind of bitter he didn't just make Aykroyd's shitty GB3. It would have been leaps and bounds above Feig's trash.
>>
>>66875414
>do 1 movie
>it's great
>so great you want to do another
>do another
>it's not as great
>I think I'll stop here
>kikes keep harassing you to make a 3rd
>know better and keep refusing
>30 years later hear your phone ringing
>"Hello it's mr Silverstein, we want you in our movie or we're going to sue you"
>>
>>66875279
The Ghostbusters franchise was getting worse and worse with the pandering. I like to think Murray didn't want to be a part of it and was just hard up for some easy cash or some shit.
>>
>>66875279
It's not his fault this happened, it's the studios

>>66875330
More like The Chive
>>
>>66875812
>>66875481
>>66875279
What did they do to Murray? How could they sue him if he didn't appear in the movie?
>>
Didn't they make a computer game sequel that had the original cast (and/or their blessing)?
>>
>>66875393
He's just doing a cameo appearance, and probably got paid a lot to do it.
>>
File: gb vg.jpg (2 MB, 1534x2137) Image search: [Google]
gb vg.jpg
2 MB, 1534x2137
>>66875364
But we did get GB3. It was just in video game form.
And it wasn't that bad.
>>
>>66875905
Yeah, the vidya had the original actors in it as their characters, not just the Ghostbusters but some other cast. It was also pretty good.
>>
>>66875933
>>66875958

How is this if I don't play games and just want more Ghostbusters? Be honest.
>>
>>66875905
Murray had a pretty small role in the game. He gave maybe 1/5th of the lines of the rest of the cast.
>>
>>66875991
It's meh. The writing is good, the actual gameplay is alright, the cutscenes look awful. It'd probably be better to watch a playthrough online than do it yourself.
>>
>>66875279
>Ghostbusters 3 is never made
Yes it was. It simply wasn't a movie. Was it a good choice to make it in a platform that guarantees your product will be obsolete and inacessible in 4-5 years?
Do I need to answer that?

> The trilogy as a film series would prevent a reboot from EVER existing
Nope.
Not if there's money to be made.
>>
>>66875991
the only reason it's any good is because it's Ghostbusters with the original cast voicing it.

it's a passable third person shooter, so it's easy to get into, play through, and enjoy the lines.
>>
>>66875932
Forced to do it. They were threatening to sue to original cast.
>>
For the last time Ghostbusters 2 was shit, making 3 was a horrible idea
>>
>>66875932

Read the Sony emails, they were thinking in line of lawsuits if he didn't do this.
>>
>you are forced to be part of it and get even killed in the movie
Murray would have only done the cameo if he was killed (just like how they killed him in Zombieland.

The studios have his balls in a vice, he asks for his cameo to feature him dying so he doesn't have to be in sequels.
>>
>>66875878

SJWs this day and age would push the fuck out of this movie being made and they did. Do you faggots really think if GB3 was made this wouldn't be made either? It absolutely would have and it will be absolute shit anyway. Remember, you can't spell Jews without SJW
>>
>>66876098
>>66876104
On what grounds would he/they be sued?
>>
>>66875933
This. Murray is as good in this game as he is in the 2 movies. The concept of doing an all female GB is an exciting one. Unfortunately half of that cast are shit.
>>
>>66876140
The merchants will be the end of all that is right and good about our childhoods, man.
>>
>>66875991

Who knows, probably a fuck you we have more money so we're just trying to screw you type of suit, but it's mostly just thrown out there into the wind in email
https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/104704

He admits it'd end badly PR-wise.

>>66875933

The banter was great, but the gameplay was so shoddy. I couldn't even play the whole way through because everything was so samey regardless of who I was facing and the setpieces weren't entertaining enough to distract from that samey-ness.
>>
>>66876174
Basically they had no grounds, but they wanted to look into it to see if they had some way to lean on him. Bill cashed out years ago, but the other actors still had stakes in the franchise, I believe. Bill also said in an interview with Vulture that he thought that staying out would result in people putting words in his mouth about why he didn't go for it.
>>
>>66876376
Have you considered the legitimacy of your source?
Not that I'm saying it's impossible these emails are legit, only that it's possible they're a fiction designed to fan the hate/free publicity?
>>
File: 1457281894545.jpg (60 KB, 474x503) Image search: [Google]
1457281894545.jpg
60 KB, 474x503
Hey guys this seems vaguely related, a feminist liked me on tumblr. Wat do? She's fairly attractive with a steriotypical pixie haircut
>>
>>66876586
Considering that all the Sony email leaks are confirmed, it's pretty clear that they were really exchanged by people there.
>>
>>66876527
Fair enough, makes sense.
>>
>>66876603
*tinder sorry I'm intoxicated
>>
>>66876635
Smash it (with protection) and never call unless the pussy is tight (it won't be).
>>
>>66876635
>>66876603
I'm sure you have heard the adage "do not stick your dick in crazy lest you want to part with it"
>>
>>66876603
Rape her
>>
>>66875279
what's gets me annoyed is that they all decide to somewhat do another ghostbusters after egor fucking died in real life.. before that nothing happened, then suddenly nearly all the main old cast return to this one.
>>
>>66876625
So, this isn't an email that's come to light recently?
>>
>>66876586
Good bye shill
>>
>>66876749
No, you can find people talking about it more than a year ago, once they dug it out of the pile that was released in late 2014.
>>
>>66876749

This all started in 2014 during the stupid 'protest' regarding that movie the interview. It could have been North Korea or China, who cares, the point is they were real emails and Sony isn't trying to pretend they weren't.
>>
>>66876882
Wait they got BTFO because of that piece of shit movie?

Makes it even funnier
>>
>>66876832
I had reasonable doubt. That the two quoted posts cleared up. Unfurl the tinfoil.
>>66876844
>>66876882
Thank you both.
>>
>>66875991
It's fairly easy at least until you get to those annoying fucking cherub statues in central park.
All in all you're not missing much. It's a fun little game with plenty of pandering and easter eggs, but I would hardly call it Ghostbusters 3.
>>
File: ghostbusters drummer.jpg (83 KB, 784x363) Image search: [Google]
ghostbusters drummer.jpg
83 KB, 784x363
Why does the drummer (pic related) keep doing the "drumming" motion like he continued playing the song when there's no music on, since the band has interrupted the show? Even the ghostbusters girls are talking to each other...

1:28~ of the international trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egs6RfGenvg

What a shitty movie.
>>
>>66875364
He could have given us a mediocre GB movie instead of a totally shit one.
>>
>>66877079
>he owes us his performance!
What a selfish cunt
>>
>>66877040
Everyone involved, including original cast members disagree. They saw it as the 3rd part of the trilogy.
>>66877060
What is ADR/Foley?
>>
>>66875279

i never noticed this but bill has no lips just a slit
>>
>>66876112
That Zombieland cameo was 11/10.
>Do you have any regrets?
>Garfield, maybe.
>>
>>66877184
hello Bill
>>
>>66876112
>The studios have his balls in a vice, he asks for his cameo to feature him dying so he doesn't have to be in sequels.
So they're going to Han Solo him?
>>
>>66877060
wtf where is the usaistan version
>>
I really really don't get the hate that GB2 gets. I loved the giant walking marshmallow guy and the painting spooked me as a kid. you're all just beeing too harsh on GB2
>>
>>66877352
He's got a point. It's some bullshit to say that Murray should have known that Sony would force another Ghostbusters, and force him to be in it, so he should have made a shitty movie 20 years ago instead of now (when he's as far removed as possible, and making sure he's not getting pulled any deeper).
>>
This fucker said yes to two Garfield movies but rejected Ghostbusters 3.
>>
File: Absolutely Haram.jpg (72 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely Haram.jpg
72 KB, 531x471
>>66877522
>I loved the giant walking marshmallow guy

That's the original, dummy.
>>
>>66877528
nice to hear from you Bill, see >>66877537
>>
>>66877371
No. This is a reboot.
He's playing a new character.
That character, he's asked to die, so he can avoid sequels.
Of course, death wouldn't be the get out of jail free card it usually is.
Calling it now, Bill as recurring Ghost antagonist in Cuntbusters 2.
>>
>>66877537
Fun fact: Bill signed on because he thought Joel Coen was writing it.
It was actually Joel Cohen. He found out after it was too late.
>>
>>66877586
>>66877537
He probably did those a) for easy money and b) for his kids, also
>>66877623
Kek if that's true
>>
>>66877586
Nice to see you too faggot, see >>66877623

Bill thought they were trainwrecks, did his best to rewrite the character, but the directors were shitty and kept fighting back.
http://www.businessinsider.com/bill-murray-voiced-garfield-because-he-thought-director-was-joel-coen-2014-1

Also, making two shitty movies is not a sin absolved by making three shitty movies.
>>
>>66875933
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLTRiHCN2C8
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.