[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was complete trash
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (99 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
99 KB, 720x1080
This was complete trash
>>
Haven't seen it yet. Thanks for ruining the suprise.
>>
>>66873905

one of the only Coens movies that actually functions as a good pleb test. plebs can't seem to take this one at all.
>>
It was an excuse to stuff as many stars as they could into a single film. Unless there's an underlying irony I'm not getting then yeah, its trash

Fargo is my favourite film
>>
Yes. Yes, it was. And I'm a Coen brothers fan.
>>
>>66873972
This, Hail, Caesar! is pretty good. I don't get why it has gotten so much shit. The Coen brothers have made films that are far more challenging.
>>
Would that it were so simple.
>>
>>66873905
Maybe Star Wars or a superhero film is more your speed. You don't have to do any thinking with those films. You spoonfed manchild simpleton.
>>
>>66874452
>mirthless chuckle
>>
>>66873905
Yeah. Deadpool was much better, right bra?
>>
>>66873905
Anyone else think it was a little short. I feel like the film was the perfect length for what it had to offer, but it could probably have run on a little longer if it had a little more substance to it.

Also can anyone give me a synopsis of the first scene? the one with the girl and the police, I was getting a beer so I missed the first half. thanks.
>>
yeah
>>
>>66874256
it wasn't challenging. the red scare era theme is interesting, but the movie itself isn't funny, the story is disjointed and uninteresting, and honestly I'm getting tired of seeing Clooney play the same bafoon in every Coens comedy.
>>
>>66875142
>missing more than 5 seconds of a film
>expecting to be taken seriously
what a fag
>>
>>66875142
She was a famous actress posing for a series of cheesecake postcards, Mannix headed out to prevent the police from finding out and hide her identity. You didn't miss much, just an intro to the kind of work the lead character does as a Hollywood fixer.
>>
Clooney is a shit actor. Literally ruins every fucking movie he's in. Well except MAYBE Syriana
>>
>>66875212

buffoon man
>>
>>66875212
>it wasn't challenging.
That's my point. Why does this film receive such extreme reactions? It's a fun screwball comedy, not a Russian arthouse film.
>>
>>66875259
he was in it for 3mins
>>
>>66875277
Because its the Coens so people expect more
>>
>>66875259

hes pretty solid in dusk til dawn, o brother, the american, up in the air, descendents, and, michael Clayton just off the top of my head.
>>
>>66873972
what is a pleb?
>>
>>66875259
He's an annoying human being but he's perfect at playing arrogant buffoons.
>>
>>66875318

honestly this might be it. it's witty and well made relative to the average hollywood movie, but it's one of the Coens weakest. and it's hard not to go into the theater with high expectations
>>
>>66875244
thanks
>>
>>66875318
I'm talking about the general public, not Coen brothers fans. The general public hated this movie with a burning passion and I don't understand why. It's a lot weirder than your average Hollywood comedy but it isn't challenging.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.