[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about the Cool Girl monologue from Gone Gi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
What do you think about the Cool Girl monologue from Gone Girl, /tv/? Patriarchy BTFO or something else? Seems pretty true to me.

http://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/13306276-gone-girl

Do you think she really exists or is she just what it says in the rest of the monologue?
>>
>>66871663

The character is supposed to be super hot right? It doesn't work because super hot women don't have to pretend anything, they act however and everyone accommodates them.
>>
>>66871663
>Patriarchy BTFO or something else?
That monologue is uttered by the villain of the book so
>>
It sounds like a woman's misunderstanding of what men mean by "cool". I don't think any man wants a woman who acts just like them, just a woman who isn't a high-strung cuntlord.
>>
>>66871766

Ergo this is the writing of an ugly girl.
>>
>>66871663
I think whoever wrote that has no idea whatsoever it means to be "cool." Like absolutely zero.

Besides that, women simply cannot be cool. Its like a "married bachelor" in that way.
>>
>>66871663

this sounds like the ravings of a deluded sociopath, which pikes character was

no one expects any of this shit out of anyone
>>
she was a crazy person conflating multiple personalities. her criticism of batman/men isn't totally wrong but she's far worse than her imaginary idiots.
>>
When I say a girl is cool I mean she isn't an overly emotional mess that ruins everything around her with her neediness

That's all I want
>>
>>66871862
>>66871802

this

"cool" just means dont be a bitch 24/7
>>
All a cool girl has to be is cool. That means a lot of things but mainly it means not having a propensity towards making shit like this. A cool girl doesn't overthink. A cool girl doesn't bitch and moan. A cool girl is an enjoyable person. A cool girl is just a girl who's cool to be around. That's why she's cool.
>>
>>66871663
I will forever love this movie because it confused an entire fucking gender.
>>
I wish I were a cool girl
>>
>>66872090
For you.
>>
it's supposed to have a grain of truth but also represent the perspective of a psychotic turbobitch, not 'BTFO the patriarchy'.

there are girls who like hamburgers and poker. there is nothing about being a woman that prohibits you from the ability to appreciate those things. the rant also conflates the simple desire of any person to do what they want in someone's company without coming into conflict over it ('cool girls never get angry') with the suppressive aspects of the patriarchy. it's not patriarchal to want a partner who shares your interests. it is patriarchal to suppress their emotional expression. the fact that this character thinks these two things are one and the same shows that she believes resentment and conflict are an inherent part of relationships between men and women. this hardly dismantles the patriarchy, it paints a dominant/submissive dichotomy over all heterosexual relationships.
>>
No, it's not true at all and it's a huge over-generalization of what men like made by a super-cunt character in a fictional movie by an author who's probably never had a healthy relationship with a man.

Good movie though.
>>
The only thing this reflects is that women think what men want is a masculine woman, which couldn't be further from the truth. Almost none of those things appeal to me and this would be true for most of the men I know.

We want women to be women, and act like women, in all the good and the bad ways.
>>
File: gillian-flynn.jpg (114 KB, 740x1114) Image search: [Google]
gillian-flynn.jpg
114 KB, 740x1114
>>66871810
>googles gillian flynn

DING DING DING DING
>>
>>66872192
>t paints a dominant/submissive dichotomy over all heterosexual relationships.
But that's how it is, isn't it? All PiV is rape after all.
>>
>>66871777
>villain
Amy did nothing wrong.
>>
>>66872285

Ah no, I'd throw her one
>>
Burping I kinda get, its pretty contrarian and kind of hot for a girl to be such an out of control cunt, that's kind of hot honestly, I feel like I could do really nasty things with a girl like that, I wouldn't even have to break up with them becasue they'd be humping some other guy before I could.

Other than that everything else she listed just sounds like shit my dad would like. And why would I want to date my fucking dad? This isn't Europe Gillian Flynn.
>>
>>66872283
>The only thing this reflects is that women think what men want is a masculine woman, which couldn't be further from the truth. Almost none of those things appeal to me and this would be true for most of the men I know.
I absolutely want a "cool girl" like she's described in the rest of the monologue

>It may be a slightly different version – maybe he’s a vegetarian, so Cool Girl loves seitan and is great with dogs; or maybe he’s a hipster artist, so Cool Girl is a tattooed, bespectacled nerd who loves comics. There are variations to the window dressing, but believe me, he wants Cool Girl, who is basically the girl who likes every fucking thing he likes and doesn’t ever complain.

Sounds like a normal woman with similar interests who isn't a massive cunt to me.
>>
>>66872360
And I'd run a train on Lena Dunham's barren sack of potatoes, that doesn't mean she's a "hot" girl.
>>
>>66872412
>I want a girl who bothers me while I'm trying to engage in my hobbies
Nah. Please don't enjoy the shit I enjoy.
>>
>>66872464
So man such alfalfa much zyzz
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 444x629) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 444x629
You're a cool girl
>>
>>66872648
4 u
>>
>>66871802
Pretty much this, I mean friends shit on one another all the time in jest, sounds like she can't handle the bants desu which isn't very cool senpaifamily
>>
>>66872285
Does she have hairy arms?
>>
>>66871986
Back to Tumblr with you
>>
>>66871986
Women?

I'm a man and it seemed really straightforward to me.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.