[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the point of this scene?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
File: Ghostjob.jpg (35 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Ghostjob.jpg
35 KB, 960x540
What was the point of this scene?
>>
>>66869741
Why do people pretend to care about this movie so much?
>>
File: 1452645437502.jpg (92 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1452645437502.jpg
92 KB, 1600x1200
>>
to make the audience laugh
>>
>>66869780
some of our parents actually loved us and took us to movies as a kid. you wouldn't understand.
>>
>>66869909
>my parents took me so nostalgia

When you were what? 2? Faggot millennial hipster shut the fuck up
>>
>>66869998
If you are older then 30 please get off 4 chan. You've wasted your life.
>>
>>66870054
If you are under 25 and pretending to care about this movie just as an excuse to hate women just end it already.
>>
>>66870054
s-shut up
>>
>>66869998
>millennial
1980-1999
>>
File: muh ghost dick.webm (1 MB, 1046x802) Image search: [Google]
muh ghost dick.webm
1 MB, 1046x802
>>66869741
>a ghost won't perform cunnilingus on Kate McKinnon on the reboot
how could they fuck up so bad
>>
>>66870113
Those claiming the reboot "ruined their childhood" are so full of shit.
>>
>>66870113
I hate it because it looks obnoxious and hamfisted, like it was created solely to push an agenda.

I like the original film because it was funny and had interesting sci-fi/horror concepts. It was entertaining, and really that's all I want out of a movie.
>>
>>66870297
>Push an agenda

But you're wrong. Lose the tinfoil.
>>
>>66870342
See, I'm all for equal rights and shit. Having an all-female team of Ghostbusters, well that's unorthodox but could be cool if done right.

The problem is Paul fucking Feig. He only knows how to make one type of movie, and add a few interesting twists every now and again. Think about Bridesmaids, The Heat, Spy. They're different, sure, but they all share the same themes when it comes to jokes: Melissa Mccarthy is fat, and women have female issues. Mind, he'll have a gem every now and again (Jason Statham in Spy, Freaks and Geeks, Other Space) but mostly he just makes female-centric comedy.

Ghostbusters didn't NEED a reboot, but even if it did it should at least attempt to remain respectful to the source material. What we've seen so far doesn't feel like it respects the source material as a sci-fi comedy with horror elements. Rather, it feels like a female comedy with sci-fi elements. Making it pure comedy was never the point of Ghostbusters; having good characters bantering off each other while taking down supernatural enemies is.

Now, I could be completely wrong, and these trailers are just some of the worst marketing of all time, but I have my doubts.
>>
>>66870740
/thread
>>
>yfw he's insane irl
>>
File: Fort_Detmerring_park_ranger.jpg (94 KB, 800x550) Image search: [Google]
Fort_Detmerring_park_ranger.jpg
94 KB, 800x550
It's the remnant of a deleted side plot in which Ray and Winston go to investigate a ghost at a military fort. The intention of it was to give Ray a love interest. At the end of the movie he was going to return to the fort to see the BJ ghost again. It was ultimately deemed extraneous and cut, save for the bit you see in the montage.
>>
>>66870740
tl;dr
>>
File: ghost-blowjob.jpg (83 KB, 500x551) Image search: [Google]
ghost-blowjob.jpg
83 KB, 500x551
It's based on a KC Green comic, OP.
>>
>>66870740
Bill Murray didn't take the original ghostbusters as seriously as you Jesus. And this opinion was completely formed BECAUSE of the female cast. You might've complained regardless if a male cast was made, but it wouldn't have such vitriol and if you're as intelligent as you think you are you'd know that. The movie looks bad? Ok fine. The movie "completely raped your childhood" or you want to "hit McCarthy in the face with a spiked bat" or "dude niggers lmao"? No. Fuck that mentality. It's time for this board to grow up.
>>
>>66869741

>be me
>be 7
>watch this
>think the ghost is tickling his balls
>>
>>66869741

this scene made me really uncomfortable as a kid. it's like watching your dad and his friend get bjs
>>
>>66869741
That was Dan's wife BTW

You might remember her from Bussom Buddies. and the foxy lady counter person from Wayne and Garth.
>>
Are ghosts real?
>>
>>66871092
In what way was I trying to say this raped my childhood?

You're right on one thing though: I'd hate this just as bad if it was all men and had the same humor. Like I said, the problem lies primarily in the director not fully understanding what makes the original work.

Am I overanalyzing this? Sure. Is it because it's an all female cast? Not exactly.
>>
>>66871015
Tl;dr this wouldn't be half as bad if a better director were behind it.
>>
>>66871250
The raped childhood was more a generalization of the reactions I've seen here this past week, and not toward you in general. I'm glad you're able to at least admit the sword cuts both ways and an all male cast would be met with a similar reaction.

Holy shit did we just have a discussion?

What site is this again?
>>
>>66870740
It's just not going to be good because there has literally never been a movie that has had girls talking and joking with each other like guys can and do.
These funny guys got together and played off one another, they're all comedians and probably contributed to the movie. These girls ain't funny. I hated the ghost aspect but loved the characters

hope they don't fuck with Blues Brothers now
>>
>>66870297
Let's be realistic here, this is totally an attempt to test the water for "feminist comedy" as a mainstream genre. They've chosen Ghostbusters because if the feminist angle fails they think they can fall back on nostalgia value.

The Sony execs in the leaked emails from the hack literally referred to it as their "feminist comedy".
>>
>>66871468
We get it. Women are bad.
>>
It was originally from a longer sequence of the ghostbusters hunting a ghost in the museum
the scene was cut but that part was kept for the montage
>>
>>66871468
Don't you mean "Blues Sisters"?
>>
>>66871511
So shut the fuck up when us guys are sitting around and agreeing with each other. We get it, you think defending women online will get you laid. Has it worked so far?
>>
>>66870113
>>66870054

What if you're 25-30?
>>
>>66871556
Go to argument for the angry and single. Classic.
>>
>>66870153
Anon Millennial isn't people born after the Millennium.

Gen Y is literally millennials, its just another name and it dealt with those who were growing up pre y2k. You werent quite business age to experience it, but you certainly knew about it.

Start dates of generations are always iffy but its usually like ~85ish to late 90s~2000.

Although even within that branch theres phases
>>
>>66871556
Defending women? No. More like causing butthurt from kissless virgins.
>>
>>66871402
>get btfo in response to your whiney "stop complaining" bullshit.
>Oh shit better switch tactics...uh yeah let's agree to disagree, heheh good discussion bro I can't believe it
>>
>>66871693
Ok
>>
>>66871693
>everyone should argue all the time like me!

Edge
>>
>>66871402
From how often they talk about it around here you'd think this was...well, y'know.

But yeah, this was destined to be shit regardless of casting.

>>66871468
THERE'S the phrase. Characters. If you can build up interesting characters with good arcs and funny dialogue, then the movie tends to fall into place around that. So far all we've gotten from the new Ghostbusters is a bunch of stereotypes: The Fat One, the Neurotic One, The Crazy One and The Black One. If the movie builds on that then it might be okay, but again I highly doubt it.

>>66871494
A feminist comedy might not be so bad if they make it fucking funny. Don't put feminism as your centerpiece.
>>
>>66871837
>>66871732
>Betas detected
>>
I feel kinda bad that I actually made some decent arguments here knowing that they'll be washed away by the sands of time.

Maybe I should leave for a while.
>>
>>66872328
If you're the "all for equal rights" anon then yeah, you actually seemed to know what you're talking about, but discussions don't happen here anymore.
>>
>>66872391
Have a nice three days
>>
>>66869741

comedick relief
>>
>>66872428
I'm usually able to get a discussion going in an /fmg/, been making those for a while, but yeah this board is 90% shitposting.
>>
>>66872552
I'm avoiding this place after today anyway with BvS about to drop. I found out about the neck snap here before I saw it last time and I don't wanna make the same mistake twice
>>
>>66870163
If they had a scene like this it would change my opinion
>>
>>66872646
That shit's gonna be funny as hell, I'll just probably be lurking by then.
>>
>>66872691
This place is gonna explode. We still argue over MoS and that came out three years ago
>>
>>66871676
The movie looks like shit, get over it fag
>>
>>66872864
Lol look how triggered you are
>>
>>66871676
Point out 1 scene that looked funny in the trailer newfag
>>
File: 1453663713625.png (2 KB, 210x227) Image search: [Google]
1453663713625.png
2 KB, 210x227
>a qt2pt3.14 ghost will never slob your johnson
>>
I hate every single one of you faggot anons fuck you niggers
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.