[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Once again, you've been literally blown the fuck out /tv/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: Capture.png (39 KB, 331x276) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
39 KB, 331x276
Once again, you've been literally blown the fuck out /tv/.
>>
never seen anyone here caring about this movie. Like at all (which includes me).
>>
>>66858664
good goyim keep promoting
>>
remember we tried to get a cloverfield lane digging thread going and the mods kept deleting them

fucking neo-/tv/ mods not remembering the good ol days of cloverfield digging
>>
>>66858664
>100% on Rotten Tomatoes
CUMMING
>>
>>66858784
Based on 9 reviews.
>>
Saw it today. Its fine, but it has nothing to do with Cloverfield (2008) other than being produced by Jar Jar's production company

They took an unrelated script that had been done a while ago and tacked the name on it. That's it
>>
>>66858896
Which is perfectly fine
>>
>>66858990
It doesn't bother me particularly but its kind of lame that he's trying to create his own "Marvel extended universe" (pass me the bleach) for Cloverfield

He's a marketing genius, I'll give him that
>>
>>66858896

That sort of thing isn't really uncommon with spec scripts.

They buy the story/concept and start rewriting it and molding it into something that they want to make. Somewhere along the line someone pointed out there were similar tonal/thematic elements to Cloverfield, and they ran with it and turned it into a sort of spiritual successor with the idea of potentially turning the Cloverfield brand into a series of scifi anthology films tied together by an ARG.

Whether or not you think this move was out of genuine passion or a straight up cash grab, well that depends on how cynical you are.
>>
>>66858701
lie.
>>
>>66859032
Yeah, I remember reading once that Jason Goes to Hell started out as a completely unrelated horror script that New Line had lying around, but then they got the rights to Jason. That would go a long way in explaining why Jason suddenly became a worm creature that can possess people.
>>
>>66858896
>it has nothing to do with Cloverfield
Is JJ still regarded as a director at this point? Clearly his strong point is misleading people into watching his shitty flicks.
>>
>>66859287
I bet Kojima is a huge fan.
>>
>>66859212
That happens with almost every direct to dvd horror sequel since the 90s, there are so many scripts and different properties that it's cheaper to use an old one for a original idea and slap an established IP on it than get someone new to write one up.
>>
>>66859287
He produced this. The director was some first timer

Interestingly one of the writers was the guy who directed Whiplash
>>
>>66859334
They're both marketers who slap their name on everything, so I'm sure they were roommates or pen pals or something.
>>
>>66858747
Honestly, reddit kicked ass with the ARG.
There were phone numbers and safety deposit boxes and all that good shit.

It's one of the few good things to come out of othersite.
>>
>>66859355
Yeah, that's what I meant. He's not really a director at this point. I have to wonder how much of him is actually in Star Wars.
>>
File: 1439210388318.gif (12 KB, 281x258) Image search: [Google]
1439210388318.gif
12 KB, 281x258
>>66858664
wow the viral marketing shills are hitting /tv/ pretty hard this morning
>>
File: hideo-kojima-j-j-abrams-studio.jpg (122 KB, 1080x600) Image search: [Google]
hideo-kojima-j-j-abrams-studio.jpg
122 KB, 1080x600
>>66859334
Don't talk shit about my man Hideo.
>>
>>66858664
>/tv/ says it won't have anything to do with cloverfeild 1
>they were right

Don't see anything getting BTFO
>>
>>66858664
please get a better life
>>
>>66858896
Spoilers pls
>>
>>66859504
Personally I'd rather have it as an anthology series than a series of direct sequels like >>66859032 is saying. That's how John Carpenter originally wanted Halloween to be and it would have been better for it.
>>
>>66858896
Tell details or you're a fucking liar
>>
>>66859400
That kind of shit works there because they don't have automatic pruning. If we had a rolling sticky or some shit then it'd be great here but literally why the fuck would the mods do that for some shitty ARG
>>
>>66859576
He's lying, anon. On the internet.
>>
>>66859647
Impossible
>>
>>66858664

that will end up going down a lot, it only has 8 critics so far
>>
It looks really good from the trailer. I don't usually get excited by trailers but I fell for this one.

Considered trying to find it online early but I haven't fucked around with torrents or stream sites since I was a teenager and I literally have no idea where to go now. Shit's changed completely from just googling " [whatever you want] mediafire. "
>>
>>66859287
He's regarded as based literally everywhere but this sad shit hole.
>>
>>66858664
the first reviews are always paid shills idiot, already it has dropped to 79
>>
Those who saw it
How's MEW?
>>
>>66859576
Aliens are terra(kek)forming earth by bombarding it with nukes.

Girl gets saved, girl doesn't believe bad things are happening outside. Hour of "I don't trust youuu" passes, and then girl by accident finds out her savior raped and murdered the previous so she kills him to run away and gets killed by aliens while outside. The end.
>>
>>66862646
No, you're repeating something that was 'leaked' on reddit, and has been denied by someone else from there who has more trustworthy leaks
>>
>>66862646
But the Cloverfield monster came out of the sea, when did it turn into an alien?
>>
>>66862883
Kek, sorry, but this is the plot, I've seen it few hours ago.
>>
>>66863060
Okay but I doubt it.

By the way, how come no one has recorded anything when they've seen it yet? Seems kinda weird
>>
>>66863054
They are talking about some mysterious lost tanker that made a spill in the ocean in the sixties and they are wondering if that's the case of the sudden climate change, but that's it I think.
>>
For the last time
>mew has accident
>wakes up in bunker
>tries to escape
>sees woman outside that looks sick (never explained)
>believes goodman and goes back
>goodman shows her pictures of megan
>at some point other guy sees those images
>tells mew that this is a missing woman
>turns out megan is long dead and goodman is insane, killed the other girl and dissolved her body in acid (that's in the barrel)
>goodman kills other guy
>mew kills goodman and escapes
>outside she sees the light from the trailer
>it's a spaceship
>4 legged bear size alien attacks her (can be seen in a frame in the newest trailer, right behind the truck)
>mew escapes in the truck
>more spaceships show up in the sky
>film ends
This is 100% legit, literally confirmed. Not only did that reddit guy confirmed his identity to the mods, he had pictures of him with timestamp and ticket and shit from inside the theater that showed an early screening at the exact same time, he also told things that weren't even shown before the latest trailer (like the acid inside the barrel and the four legged alien)

tl;dr: Cloverfield only in name, 95% cellar thriller (which apperently is intense and good), 5% shitty sci-fi tweest. everybody go home
>>
>>66859646
its a fucking commercial though
>>
>isn't out yet
>high reviews

wowee this never happens
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.