[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
slippin' jimmy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
hey /tv/, so I just finished the first season of better call saul. it was pretty damn good, like shaping up to be better than breaking bad good. there's one thing bothering me though, why don't they ever explain why they called him slippin' jimmy? i'm assuming it's probably explained in the second season but it's really bugging me. you'd think it'd be something they'd explain to you in the fourth or fifth episode. if it is explained in the second season can someone give me some spoilers and tell me where he got the nickname? thanks guys.
>>
File: 1443669718102.jpg (193 KB, 1300x867) Image search: [Google]
1443669718102.jpg
193 KB, 1300x867
>>66852737
What I don't get is why Chuck wears the tinfoil? I mean whats that half to do with cancer?
>>
>>66852737
perhaps you missed an episode. it's because he tried conning people by pretending to fall on their icey driveways and injuring himself.
>>
it's because when he was a kid he was clumsy and always slippin' around on stuff so chuck started calling him slippin' jimmy
>>
is it one of those "how is mike alive when walt killed him in BB" baits?

If not then he's Slippin Jimmy because he used to purposely slip on Chicago sidewalks to injure himself and then seek damages from the city. He explains it in the story he tells to the skateboarder kids
>>
He used to scam people by pretending he would slip.
>>
>>66852737
Slippin is his real first name, Jimmy is his middle name and McGill is his last name, you must have missed the episode where this was explained
>>
>>66852776
>>66852782
>>66852788
no I just finished the season and I paid damn good attention while watching it because I was enjoying it so much. this must've been early in the 2nd season when they explain this because it's nowhere to be found in the 1st season and I remember this striking me as odd.

>>66852780
well is it what those other anons said or it is this?
>>
He was a convicted rapist back in Chicago, always slippin his Jimmy in young broads when they least expected it
Did you miss something? It's a key episode.
>>
>>66852893
>this must've been early in the 2nd season when they explain this because it's nowhere to be found in the 1st season and I remember this striking me as odd.
It's literally in the pilot. Jimmy does a whole monologue about it to those skater guys.
>>
>>66852925
that seems a little dark for the show and even if it were true I think he'd get angry about being called that but he never does. seriously though, what's the reason? i'm pretty sure they don't have season 2 on Netflix and I really want to know why they call him that.
>>
>>66852957
Do you ever recall seeing Saul standing in the middle of a Skate park? It's when he's there that he tells a certain story.
>>
>>66852935
ok are you guys trying to meme me? i'm pretty damn sure i'd remember a monologue explaining the very thing i'm trying to find the answer for.
>>
>>66853002
I remember the skatepark scene but definitely not jimmy explaining where he got the nickname. i'm starting to think you guys aren't joking so i'm gonna go watch that part again. i'll report back so we can put this whole issue to bed. brb
>>
>>66853037
oops, meant for >>66852992
>>
It's the skatepark scene. Pilot.
He confesses he's was a rapists and would slip his Jimmy in bitches on the reg.
>>
>>66853220
wow, two memes in one post. way to go, anon!
>>
>>66852737
Slippin' Jimmy is essentially him being a conman, the whole scenes of him pulling off cons to steal money from people in exchange for a crappy watch is him being "slippin' jimmy"

Also when he begins practicing being a bit of a sketchy lawyer in it for the money he is effectively being a conman, a slippin jimmy as it were - and he is essentially a conman during breaking bad.

So the show is trying to build up how he went from being a conman, to a shitty poor lawyer, to eventually becoming a rich conman of a lawyer. The rise, fall and rise from the ashes of slippin jimmy.
>>
He liked to slip his jimmy into unsuspecting women.
>>
>>66853301
and this is explained in the 2nd season? I can't get on Netflix right now cause my mom started watching a movie but i'm 99% sure it's not explained in the 1st season.
>>
>>66853393
Anon, there is no secnd season. If you paid any attention to the last episode Jim is actually dead the whole time.
>>
>>66852773
why does he even wear the space blanket? lmao
>>
what I don't get is why Mike is suddenly back to live when he was clearly killed off. Don't give me the bullshit "it's a prequel!" lie because Isaac and Walt are clearly still dead or they would have been in the show
>>
>>66853002
I think you're trying to meme us anon.
>>
It's in the first fuckin episode, man. He tells his life story to the fuckin roller-blade kids. Pay attention.
>>
Do you think they will kill off David Cross?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.