[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Predictions for Season 3?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: True-Detective-wallpapers-4[1].jpg (641 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
True-Detective-wallpapers-4[1].jpg
641 KB, 1600x900
Predictions for Season 3?
>>
>>66851677
idris elba and johna hill take on the patriarchy in detroit
>>
this piece of shit is getting another season?
>>
>>66851677
Burn Gorman and Topher Grace take on the government in DC while David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson tag along every once in a while.

Please god for me
>>
There is no season 3 ...
>>
>>66851735
is there definite on this from HBO? the HBO execs were very disappointed with the second season. and i believe it is because pizza tanked it on purpose.

my theory is that HBO told pizza to include a woman and a nigger and a faggot. so pizza wrote the nigger as the bad guy, the faggot as the least competent one, and the woman as a fucking nutjob.

season 2 was so bad that it had to be planned. i believe pizza got his marching orders and wrote it as i laid out. and then made the story fucking laughable as well. if you still think it is anything but a satire after they tokyo drift into the moon you are delusional.
>>
>>66851677

Case: Missing women on an indian reserve

Detectives: Evan Rachel Wood as a scared rookie and Jeffrey Wright as the jarred old timer who blew his career in the 90s because of a bad case.

There will be supernatural undertones but with a Twin Peaks Season 1 vibe (less absurd more realistic tho)
>>
It's shit.
>>
>>66851735
season 3 is confirmed.
>>
>>66851861
no he's just a fucking hack that got lucky the first time around and that was only due to god tier actors
>>
>>66851914
>>66851861

Season 1 was thought up over years and years. Season 2 was written in one. This isn't difficult to figure out.
>>
>>66851861
Season 2 was bad because they took all the good things about season 1 and threw them out the window.

Hiring different directors, instead of having just one, coupled with the fact they were incompetent, dialogue and story that obviously had no editing team and was pizzaman stroking himself, and too many "main" characters that ended up making everything bloated, convoluted and a cop drama
>>
>>66851929
still doesn't make him any less of a hack
>>
>>66851861
>my theory is that HBO told pizza to include a woman and a nigger and a faggot. so pizza wrote the nigger as the bad guy, the faggot as the least competent one, and the woman as a fucking nutjob.
Jesus christ

This is fanfiction.net tier retardation

Go back to your containment board

>>>/pol/
>>
>>66851961

I'm not so sure. Season 1 is some of the best television ever conceived, with some fairly glaring dips in quality in episodes 6, 7, and 8. But it's great stuff, Pizza did his shit good as he had lots of time to really get this shit on paper. He's a hack in that he should've stuck to his guns and waited out season 2 to flesh out ideas and edit things down to manageable sizes.
>>
wtb more spooky satanic ritual abuse shit.
>>
>>66851914
pizza is sort of a hack that steals alot of shit. but all writers do that. the original book is actually really well researched stuff. i am from the galveston area. i grew up in galveston and then in the swamps around it. the original book is fucking spot on. the interstate 45 murders are still unsolved. there was a serial killer that took about 20 lives. the galveston daily news was the only poeple who ever reported anything about it. his original was a masterpiece, and only became better by being a buddy cop story with two of the greatest actors of our time.

the second one was just so fucking bad that i can't even believe anyone was trying. he even had one of the greatest songs ever on license to be the intro song, and replaced it with spoken word retarded shit. the original had one of the GOAT endings ever. the light is winning. the second one left us with nothing...

as much of a hack as pizza is (i probably met him at some point in galveston. you should see how crazy galvestonians are), he could not have made that bad of a series without actually wanting it to be that bad. dan harmon made one good cartoon once and he keeps getting work. because he half asses it enough to make it work. if pizza would have even half assed season 2 it would have been infinitely better than what we got.

i am convinced pizza tanked it on purpose.
>>
I already know the opening scene as I work closely with Pizzolatto. It'll be out Q1 2017.

>Take place in Seattle
>Opens with a Hong Kong bound freighter capsizes in harbour
The freighters open, spilling scores of dead bodies into the water
>The bodies are in various stages of mutilation, some with hands missing, some surgically changed for 'sexual purposes', all are bound at the wrists and ankles.
>One person survives the disaster - a young boy too delirious and shocked to be coherent.
>The ships captain is found with his throat cut and beside him, a young woman is found, similar to the captives, her tongue is missing and she is bound although her shackles are broken.

There's two detectives again, this season is very Neon, similar to Only God Forgives. Cary is not working on it either fyi.

I'll say no more.
>>
>>66852103
>the second one left us with nothing...

That's actually untrue. The second one left us with the fact that the world is a fucked up place, and that we deserve a better one and that people should stand up for that notion.
>>
>>66851861
yeah sure. because an upcoming screenwriter/producer would sink his career because of shit like this. go back to pol
>>
>>66852114
>no Fukunaga
Great, another shit season it is then
>>
They should bring back Fukushima and shitcan Pizalate.
>>
>>66852332
pizza has millions on his book alone. and the guy was a galveston swamprat. he doesn't need much to live.

you faggots just refuse to admit it. he tanked the second season because of HBO demands. pizza likes his stories better than network demands for faggots and niggers and women.

i don't even like /pol/ but i can see when affirmative action plays a part in the process.
>>
i work for HBO and these are some excerpts from the synopsis that we greenlit

>A meth-addicted police captain played by William H. Macy hires the best of the best, a deeply religious PI who struggles to balance his faith, family, and job, played by William Hurt, to investigate his own uncles whom he believes are involved in the ritualistic sacrifice of the elderly and infirm in the Boise, Idaho metro area

can't say much more than this but go ahead and screenshot me
>>
>>66852114
meeeeeh
this does not sound very old school.
>>
>>66852499
>William Hurt

Don't toy with me anon Bill Hurt is one of my favorite actors.
>>
>>66852499
not sure if i'd go for William H. Macy, but if William Hurt accepts to do a tv show, it's gotta be good.
>>
Say what you want about my opinion, but I think it will probably be a completely different story with different characters.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-03-03-18h08m57s358.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-03-03-18h08m57s358.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>66851677
>it's a True Detective thread

Make a green tea
grab a blanket
pull up a chair

TDs

>Ben Mendelsohn
>Lee Pace

or

>Ben Mendelsohn
>Jeremy Irons

Imagine.
>>
>>66852677
>Ben Mendelsohn
My nigga. He was fantastic in Animal Kingdom.
>>
It will be total shit. Pizza does not seem to be a man who's humble enough to learn from his fuckups. HBO will regret his new deal (but only a little bc they are so rich)
>>
>>66852736
>Animal Kingdom
>Killing Them Softly
>Black Sea
>Bloodlines
>Place Beyond the Pines

Dude kills any role he's in. He commands the screen.
>>
>>66852650
yeah totally different, though the characters will probably be some kinda fucked up or some kind of gloomy. So it'll really be the same pattern.
>>
>>66851890
Yooo
>>
File: GTA3.jpg (86 KB, 563x450) Image search: [Google]
GTA3.jpg
86 KB, 563x450
I need something in 90s NY rainy aesthetic
>>
>>66852114
The two detectives better be named Moreland and Freamon.
>>
>>66854076
>No mcnulty
For shame
>>
>>66852786
He plays sleazy Dusty Hoffman everytime.
>>
>>66854129
McNutty is exiled on harbor patrol and only plays catch-up to the primary dicks on this container van case.
>>
Ribisi and Rockwell
>>
I've been rewatching season 2 and I actually like it. Definitely gets better with a second viewing after you've accepted it for what it is. Some great dialogue, decent acting etc. You really have to pay attention to the dialogue tho which can be a pain in the ass since most of the show is dialogue
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.