[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain how the level of humor in the trailer for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: ghostbustersteam.jpg (98 KB, 1024x743) Image search: [Google]
ghostbustersteam.jpg
98 KB, 1024x743
Can someone explain how the level of humor in the trailer for this flick is any worse than that found in the average generic quip-athon Marvel feature?
>>
>>66849893
> justify something to me

no
>>
>>66849893
>implying it's not getting the hate here *because* it's a low-quality Marvelesque quip-athon
>>
>>66849893
timing and delivery
>>
WE
>>
>>66849893
I personally found the trailer much more bearable than the superhero shitfest we've been forced to eat lately.
>>
>>66851683
>forced

Nobody's forcing you to spend money on capeshit you cuck. Holy goddamn.
>>
>>66849893
It's ok when capeshit does it.
>>
>>66851683
That's because you're stupid
>>
>>66849893

>complaining about banter

But I forgot when superhero movies do it, it's automatically bad right? Stupid nigger.

Ghostbusters is bad because none of it is funny and it's generic as shit

>oh I burned my hand!

Fuck off.
>>
>>66849893
The humor in the Marvel movies comes mostly from people casually making light of things in tense situations.

The humor in the new Ghostbusters is nothing but random forced jokes and references. Like why would you reference The Exorcist in a Ghostbusters remake? Why?
>>
>>66849893
From what I've seen I'd say it's slightly worse. The problem is that, while bad comedy in a capeshit move is annoying, bad comedy in a COMEDY is the kiss of death for that movie, especially when it's the remake of a film that was actually funny.
>>
File: ghostbusters wtf.jpg (66 KB, 600x755) Image search: [Google]
ghostbusters wtf.jpg
66 KB, 600x755
>>66849893
no valhalla for thor !
>>
>>66853333
Shut up, nobody likes these godawful dialogues where all the characters are smug assholes and complete douchebags. This is especially prominent with women characters. Modern movies present them like complete cunts.
>>
>>66853418
I'll argue this: Original ghostbusters ain't that funny.

Couple of good lines and Murray is quite entertaining as always but people remember it as being better than what it actually is.
>>
>>66849893
Yes because the shitty Whedon-esque quippy dialogue hasn't been one of the biggest criticisms of the Marvel films and of Whedon himself.

People definitely didn't say that snarky dialogue shit drove a steam train through any possible tension as it was building in Avengers 2 especially.

The lack of that shit isn't also a reason that DC fags prefer their grimdark cape movies.

You fucking twat.
>>
File: Female comedians in a nutshell.png (506 KB, 600x452) Image search: [Google]
Female comedians in a nutshell.png
506 KB, 600x452
>>66849893
because women wrote it
>>
>>66849893
Because the writer is worse? I don't really understand, why are you asking why it's shittier than Marvel? Marvel doesn't make comedy movies, like Sony apparently tries right here.
>>
>>66856747
I've seen Ghostbusters recently with a whole lot of people and you're full of shit, it's still a great and fun movie. The thing is - being funny isn't its main point, unlike the fembusters.
>>
>>66849893
You're saying ''I don't know if it was because of race or because I'm a girl but I'm mad'' is something you'd see in a Marvel feature?
>>
File: 1457340974218.jpg (303 KB, 1160x979) Image search: [Google]
1457340974218.jpg
303 KB, 1160x979
>>66849893
>>
>>66849893
Iron Man and Thor had some decent bantz famalam. Maybe Ant-Man too, haven't seen it tho.
>>
>>66856747
Ill argue this: Ghostbusters wasn't trying to be that funny.

This new GB looks like a parody of the original. Sure the original was a comedy but even so it didn't seem like they were really going out of their way to be funny at every turn. It wasn't a comedy the way Caddy Shack was a comedy. This new one looks like like they are trying to throw a joke or gag in at every scene and while the original relied on witty believable dialogue to be funny, this new one relies on over the top Paul Blart tier humor.
>>
>>66858230
Did somebody laugh?
>>
>>66858230
Did that actually happen or is that just a strawman pic?
>>
women aren't funny

and it makes it worse when the script is shit
>>
>>66858310
Ghostbusters is a straight up comedy. I'd let you off if it were Back to the Future or something of that ilk, but Ghostbusters is 100% meant to be a funny movie. It sure as shit isn't spooky, or dramatic.
>>
>>66849893
are they actually funny actresses or just eye candy?
>>
>>66858574
By eye candy you mean the blonde right?
>>
>>66858230
>It sure as shit isn't spooky

Stopped reading there. Won't bother wasting my time on internet tough guys.
>>
>>66858453
>being an 8 year old in 2016
>giving a shit about Ghostbusters or Bill Murray
Something doesn't add up here.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.