[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mars needs moms >john carter >lone ranger >tomorrowland
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: Capture.png (649 KB, 674x570) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
649 KB, 674x570
>mars needs moms
>john carter
>lone ranger
>tomorrowland
>the good dinosaur
>the finest hours

How has Disney not gone under yet? Does the park pay for everything?
>>
>>66849409
no, espn does.

50% of revenue
>>
Marvel
>>
>>66849409
it's a well known fact that disney's movies operate as a loss leader to get people to their parks
>>
>>66849409
Star Wars, capeshit and animated movies
>>
It's because they have their fingers in so many money pies
>>
>>66849409
that seems more like the kind of movie you watch at home anyway
>>
>>66849433
ESPN is going under and they couldn't even afford to keep Bill Simmons
>>
I hope they lose their class action lawsuit too for replacing their loyal employees with cheap immigrants. Fucking scumbags.
>>
You know what all those movies have in common?

I never heard of any of them until someone posted here saying they bombed.

I think I might be magic.... or maybe the person in charge of marketing the movies really fucking sucks at their job.
>>
theres enough jewgold in disney to buy a small country at this point
>>
my grandpa and I liked this movie far more than Deadpool

I don't know what drugs people are smoking nowadays but it seems morals have gone out the window.
>>
Chris Pine is NOT a box office draw

Casey Affleck? The fuck theres two of them?

Ben "Oh that g- oh wait, who is that?" Foster? SERIOUSLY

AND FUCKING BOATS JUST LIKE MUH TITANIC AM I RIGHT? HOLLYWOOD EXEC: "GREEN LIGHT IT!!!"

SHOULDA HAD TOM HANKS IN THERE
>>
They are complete failures with their original ideas hence the need to buy everything
>>
>>66849504
>couldn't afford to keep Simmons
You're an idiot and misinformed.

They wanted Simmons gone because he wasn't on good terms with them and they had no reason to keep Grantland going with FiveThirtyEight doing its thing.

The only "loss" was that numerous writers jumped ship to the Ringer but they were mostly pop culture people anyway.
>>
>>66849409
Pssshhh 75 million is supposed to be a big deal for disney?
>>
>>66849581
You sound like a retard but you're right. They weren't going for titanic, they were going for Perfect Storm 2016. Even when Perfect Storm was made they had enough sense to cast Clooney and Wahlberg
>>
They don't make a profit because of "creative accounting."

When movies don't turn a profit you don't have to pay residuals or taxes.
>>
>>66849629
>ESPN has lost 7.2 million subscribers in the past four years, over three million since last year. That could have a seismic impact in sports media since if the cable bundle is one large bubble -- as some have been suggesting for years -- then the sports universe may be in for a cruel tumble. I'll explain why that could be, but first let's spend some time with a refresher on the cable and satellite industry.

You're going to have to start paying for it a la carte soon.
>>
ESPN, ABC, Disney Parks, Star Wars, Marvel, Disney Channel (like 4 of them) and TOYS TOYS TOYS
>>
John Carter shouldn't have flopped, it was a decent movie. Very underrated.
>>
>>66849409
>How has Disney not gone under yet?
They hve the merchandising rights for SW, they will never go under now.

Ever.
>>
>>66849409
And now count the dozens of movies in that timeframe that didn't bomb for disney. They could have double as much failing movies and they probably still wouldn't care.
>>
>>66849409
Doesn't matter, Disney has a huge fan base and people don't care about what the movie will be about. If they know the movie was funded by Disney, people will automatically go see it. Its all about the product. Disney can make any movie they want and slap their logo on it and will cash in millions.
>>
>>66849409
I honestly never heard about this movie till just this second
>>
>>66849409
ABC, ESPN, Capeshit, Starwars, other dumb cartoons that they shit out each year.
>>
>>66850014
I agree. I thought it a great movie, but I'm also a fan of the original work.

I can see how aliens speaking "alien" with subtitles would upset millions of mouth-breathers.
>>
>>66849409
>How has Disney not gone under yet? Does the park pay for everything?

They own Marvel and Star Wars, you idiot.
>>
>>66849409
Silly boy
Disney has made 10 billion so far off merchandising and all from Star Wars alone and we are just a single movie into that franchise.
That's also not counting other Disney endeavors ex. Marvel, Pixar, and original Disney animated films.
Geeeezz if anyone can afford all these flops it's the mouse house
>>
>>66849914
>ESPN, ABC
ESPN is on a downward spiral and cording cutting is on the rise.
>>
>>66850014
I watch John Carter and I'm always irritated by how close it is to being a truly great popcorn movie instead of just a decent one. So close yet so far.
>>
>>66849409
Dude Star Wars grossed 2 billion dollars. That alone is probably enough to cover those losses.

And that's not even including the merchandise.
>>
Just watched the trailer for this movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQmllwTKtqU

Looks fucking awesome. Will download when I can because fuck those money hungry WASPs over at Disney.
>>
ESPN is dying because they put all yheir eggs into one apehoop basket.
>>
>>66849409
MCU and Star Wars
>>
> thinking movies matter to disney
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.