[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
broadchurch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2
File: broadchurch.jpg (35 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
broadchurch.jpg
35 KB, 599x337
anyone seen this?
>>
>>66833454

What makes you think it was mAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRDURRRRRRRRRRR
>>
>>66833486
was it good?
>>
Yes, it's good and well directed. Don't know if it needs another season
>>
>>66833454
Yeah, first season is pretty good. Second is meh, but I enjoyed the British James Dean clone.
Hope season 3 is good.
>>
yea its alright
>>
>>66833454
S1 good.
S2 awful.
It doesn't need a series 3. It didn't need a series 2.

But I'll watch it.
>>
>>66833454
Yeah, first series is a pretty good murder mystery in a small town, but series 2 turns into a shit courtroom drama
>>
>>66833498
NOTHING LIKE A LITTLE BIT OF GIRL ON GIRL
>>
>david tennant is a co-star to a literal who

Tennant really justed his career after doctor who.
>>
>>66833714
>literal who

She's one of the most popular actresses in British television
>>
>>66833760
British TV everyone! How sad.
>>
>>66833823
(You)
>>
Its great
>>
>>66834016
wut?
>>
I really liked it. Surprised it's getting a third season.

I am also surprised that not everyone has heard about it yet. I expected it to be a worldwide hit.
>>
>>66833573
Yea I haven't finished S2 but I still am not sure why it was required. Chibnall could have turned it into an anthology or just follow Hardy around from traumatizing case to case
>>
>>66834193
I just yesterday happened on an end of an episode and fell for the music

it's the reason I got interested
>>
>>66834193
They had to clear up Tennant's backstory.
>>
>>66833454
>How could she not know?
>>
>>66834248
Oh yea I remember Eve Myles' character was attached to a previous case
>>
>>66834060
(YOU)
>>
>>66834102
They tried a US version and it failed
>>
>>66834248
They didn't.
>>
>>66834563
That Gracepoint show was doomed to fail when the booked fucking Skyler.

Also, giving Tennant a contractthat said he could play the character again if there was a US adaptation was a fucking stupid thing to do. If an actor is coming with strange demands always say no.
>>
>>66834593
Uh, yes they did. We found out why he has his health problem, we learned about the case that got him in Broadchurch, etc...
>>
>>66834654
Its not like it would've been better without him
>>
>>66834690
I don't think it added anything to the show in particular. I don't need every question answered about a character.
>>
I remember nothing from this show but I remember liking it
>>
>>66834654
Still don't understand why they made him change his accent
>>
>>66834747
I'm sorry if you didn't like it but I don't see how they couldn't have gone in that direction. It would've been plain stupid to ignore it.
>>
Season 1 good
Season 2 bad bad bad bad
>>
>>66834990
I agree with you, that that was the only direction they could go because there was so little of the story left to mine. It ended but nobody seemed to want to accept that.
>>
>>66834563
I would never understand why US television constantly remakes shows where they already speak english. Can someone explain why? Like that verbatim remake of IT Crowd, what's the purpose if you make the exact same show?
>>
>>66834563

The problem is they always try to make US "versions" of shows. Just fucking send the show to the US and see how it does. Christ, it's like TV execs literally don't know the internet exists and that the world is plenty globalized enough for that shit to just work. There's no reason to "Americanize" it, just give us the damn show and we'll like it. "Americanizing" shows always makes them absolute garbage. Literally the only exception to that is The Office US.
>>
>>66835256
So that way the US gets in on that money
>>
>>66833714
Olivia Colman is great. Broad range too. She's done comedy and serious drama.

Playing a good role in the Night Manager right now.
>>
What was the point of season 2?
>>
>>66835256
They do it on the off chance something like The Office US happens and they get loadsa money
>>
Wasn't there an American remake of this pretty recently?
>>
>>66835433
I did not know she was in that. I really do have to start that.
>>
Its an incredibly beautiful show. Not to say its all just eye candy though.
>>
>>66833454
biggest piece of SJW trash ever produced.
it was too much even for the BBC
>>
>>66835559
Yeah, "Gracepoint".
Pretty good.
>>
>>66833454
Yep. Loved series 1. Really realistic acting and slow and nicely paced story. Series 2 was a cluster fuck, it was boring and the Joe story wasn't resolved. The writers AND characters especially the priest hinted that Joe didn't actually kill Danny.
>>
OUTSTANDING MILLER
>>
File: tallbitch.jpg (20 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
tallbitch.jpg
20 KB, 600x337
Who /possiblyshaggedhim/ here?
>>
>>66835463
>Series 1
>Joe confesses, it all ties up nicely with the explanation that he was a proto-paedophile.
>Series 2
>Joe decides his confession didn't happen
>Writers say in interviews the audience still haven't been told the full story
>Characters say shit like "Everyone in this town is hiding something"
>Long court scenes
>Stupid Tennant backstory tie in shit
>Joe's let off and chucked out
Series 2 was nonsensical and not needed.
>>
>>66833454
Is that Sophie from Peep Show?
>>
>>66835907
It really is good. Great acting all around, especially from Tom Hollander. He almost steals the show, which is kind of surprising considering his acting up until now.

>>66837234
Yeah, and various roles in TMAWL.
>>
>>66833454
First season was good, but the constant macro shots got old fast.
>>
>>66833454
I thnk s3 got cancle.
>>
>>66837210
don't forget before a commercial break the shots of every character looking in the distance while ominous music plays
>>
>>66833454
Was extremely predictable and unnecessarily drawn out...
>>
>>66835333

It makes far more sense to recreate the show than use the original. The new american version is theirs to do whatever they want with it(plot,actors,etc), it may cost more but the potential benefits in the long run makes perfect sense.

Imagine if NBC just ran the original The Office instead of remaking it? That's 8-9 seasons,syndication,DVD sales,etc down the drain.

It's just business senpai.
>>
>>66833454
Olivia Coleman should be the next doctor
>>
>>66835433
Is the Night Manager any good?

I have trouble taking the commercials seriously because Hugh Laurie's character has the same name as Richard Roeper.
>>
>>66840884

yes, it's convinced me that hiddleston should be the next bond
>>
>>66841199
Cool, I'll check it out. Thanks, anon.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.