[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars thread. Which do you prefer? The current Extended
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 1454165524177.jpg (314 KB, 1044x1500) Image search: [Google]
1454165524177.jpg
314 KB, 1044x1500
Star Wars thread.

Which do you prefer? The current Extended Canon, or the Legends EU?
>>
>>66827209
I just watch the movies, bro
>>
>>66827209
KOTOR-verse.
Thrawn.
The RPGs.
I'll take the EU.
>>
I'm fine with the new stuff.
>>
I prefer the new canon.

Old EU was fine, but too much of it didn't feel like Star Wars. Say what you want about the quality of the new content, at least it all feels like Star Wars
>>
>>66827209
I'm enjoying the new canon. Most of what I've read has been pretty good. As a whole I like the comics more than the novels. The Tarkin novel was pretty good though. Aftermath was dogshit.
>>
What's the best Star Wars novel?
What's the best Star Wars comic series?
>>
>>66827640
New canon or old?
>>
>>66827209
Legends EU.

No Disney for me.
>>
>>66827209
I like both, but I don't think the new stuff has had enough time to fail...it might eventually be terrible.
>>
>>66827692

Both.
I highly doubt the best SW comic or novel has been a part of the new canon. It's too young.
>>
File: Lost_Stars.png (741 KB, 678x1024) Image search: [Google]
Lost_Stars.png
741 KB, 678x1024
>>66827721
The best Canon book and debated to be the best sw book overall is Lost Stars

Seriously good shit.
>>
File: InTheLightWeAreOne037089.jpg (3 MB, 1506x2300) Image search: [Google]
InTheLightWeAreOne037089.jpg
3 MB, 1506x2300
>>66827640

I like the first Bane novel. Really in-depth origins and a thorough explanation of the Sith ideology.

As for comics, i've always been partial to the Ulic Qel-Droma redemption issue.

I'll always have a hard time giving up the old EU simply because the old republic stuff is just so good. Kotor 2 is my favorite story in all of SW and is one of my favorite games ever.
>>
File: Yoda_Rebels.png (567 KB, 709x1055) Image search: [Google]
Yoda_Rebels.png
567 KB, 709x1055
>>
>>66827209
the old novels canon excluding prequel books. so basically truce at bakura up to right before the yuhzan vong bs. everything vong and after was garbage.
>>
>>66829433
JUST
>>
>>66828116
This. Path of Destruction is GOAT.
>>
>66827209

Im not autistic so i wouldn't know desu.
>>
>people are autistic enough to care about SW canon beyond the movies
I know I am on 4chan but still.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.