[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LOTR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: trilogy.jpg (154 KB, 495x244) Image search: [Google]
trilogy.jpg
154 KB, 495x244
Which one is the best niggers?
>>
It's one complete experience you turbopleb
>>
>>66825601
From my point of view, Return of the King was the greatest
>>
>>66825651
fuck off kike
>>
>>66825651
/Thread

But personally, I loved two towers
>>
>>66825601
Return of the motherfucking King.
>>
The Hobbit
>>
Fellowship>>Rotk>>>>>>>>>Two Towers
>>
>>66825673
>>66825708
>>66826156
>>66826837
Is this the only trilogy that divides opinion on its quality?
>>
File: 1452659106029.png (88 KB, 195x188) Image search: [Google]
1452659106029.png
88 KB, 195x188
>>66825601
Fellowship, my man. I know some people hate the term "comfy" but fuck. Just a bunch of bros going on an adventure. Amon Hen dabes. Balin's Tomb dabes. Wouldn't begrudge anyone picking either of the other two though. What a fucking trilogy.
>>
why do u need to use racist words,
its a draw between fotr and tt
>>
>it's 3 different books
>it's 3 different movies

Kill thyself.
>>
>>66825601
Fellowship is the best desu.
King is amazing including the ending from the volcano to the grey haven scenes but the battle of minas tirith drags on far too long again like the Two Towers. It wonders off from the characters, story and overall ambience that fellowship offered.
>>
>>66826947
What the fuck is dabes?
>>
A lot of people would say the Fellowship because of the comfy factor but i'd go Return of the King for the emotional climax.

Dat charge of the Rohirrim.
>>
two towers is the best
>>
>>66827038
dabes
da bess
the best
>>
>>66825601
I just watched the trilogy last week.
I enjoyed Return the of the King most tbqhwyf
>>
>>66827127
I thought blacks didn't like lotr
>>
>>66827194
My wife's son's dad loves it.
>>
I consider it to be one long film, but if I break it up for myself, personally:

Best Battle - Two Towers/Helm's Deep
Best Adventure - Fellowship
Best Character development - RotK
>>
>>66827425
This sums is pretty much perfectly
>>
>>66825601

Return of the King

Its like the orgasm you have after a long time of fucking.
Jesus Christ i cry everytime.
When the Rohan horseman start riding against the orcs
When they march into battle in front of the black gates
The moment Sam grabs Frodo and climbs up the stairs
The moment you realize frodo is going away

Most epic movie seriously, can wait to watch the movie with my kids
>>
>>66825601
Fellowship has always been my favorite. Others are good too. Two Towers is probably my least favorite. Just a little bit.
>>
>>66827425
The entire film is one big adventure though but I know what you mean

>best battle
Charge of thr Rohirrim
>>
>>66827515
Why anon?
>>
I always liked RotK best, but recently really prefer FotR
>>
first two were very good and enjoyable, the second one was mehh
>>
>>66827645
what about the second first one?
>>
Two Towers is my personal favorite, though I know I'm in the minority. I like the increased emphasis on Aragorn, Legolas' and Gimli's adventures in Rohan against Saruman. the Hobbits never really did much for me and they mostly take a backseat in TT, though the Ent stuff is a fucking drag
>>
>>66828308
>the Ent stuff is a fucking drag
It really was
they should've had a lot less ent talk and a lot more ent fighting, cus that was fun to watch
>>
Fellowship had perfect pacing, strayed the least from the source material and was the comfiest. The battle at Amon Hen was one of the most intense in the series since there were only a few characters and you cared about them. Also the mostly practical effects it felt more real than CGI armies running at each other (Aragorn parrying the thrown blade > skiing down an elephant).

The other 2 films are great as well but they gradually got more "Jacksonized" with things like the ghost army and elves at Helm's Deep, which were unnecessary and contrary to the original story, only inserted so Peter could have more big battles.
>>
rotk>fellowship>towers

rotk 10/10

fellowship 9.8/10

towers 8.7/10
>>
>>66829123
damn nigger two towers is at least a 9.5
>>
Bookfag purist edition is best
>>
>>66829044
Elves at Helm's Deep was ok, nice add
>>
>watch fellowship
>loving it
>hobbits reach bree
>NO TOM FUCKING BOMBADIL!

Didn't even bother with the rest. Shit trilogy t.b.h
>>
File: chris.png (87 KB, 300x293) Image search: [Google]
chris.png
87 KB, 300x293
>>66830723
>he didn't see the landscape pan showing Tom, Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin, Aragorn (6 people) and Donkey walking through the trees near bree
>>
>>66830937
Tom never meets aragorn son of arathorn
>>
Everytime I watch Fellowship and the Shire sequence starts I get so happy and excited I just end up watching the entire trilogy if I have the time. Two Towers has the best battle, Helms Deep was way cooler than Pelennor fields. Theoden's speech/The Rohirrim Charge in ROTK though is incredible.

It is too hard for me to choose desu, my favorite just sort of cycles between them.

Is there any single film or group of films that comes even close in terms of dedication to craftsmanship. The set design and costumes and models are unreal, the amount of love and work that went into these movies is unrivalled I think.
>>
>>66830589
Aragorn hugging Haldir was one of the comfiest moments of the trilogy imo
>>
>>66826905
Each chapter has a distinctly different mood
I personally like the comfiness of The Fellowship, but Gandalf's death always troubles me to the point of watching the two movies in a marathon.
>>
Fellowship is the best because it has the least Gollum
>>
File: 1414359930200.jpg (82 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
1414359930200.jpg
82 KB, 400x399
>>66825601
>Non extended edition
TT, FOTR, ROTK
>Extended edition
FOTR, TT, ROTK
>>
>>66829044

I wonder if there is any way they ever could have made the ghost army work.
>>
>>66833802
It should've been a minor thing or left out entirely. I get that he used them to wrap up the battle quickly in a way that made sense, but it would've made for a cooler sequence to see Aragorn actually rally his kingdom to fight instead of some gay ghosts.
>>
>>66833889

It didn't help that Jackson looked at Tolkien's subtle, understated approach to the ghosts and said "nah, fuck that, lime green skeleton time."
>>
>>66827070
I don't know I actually got the chills more with Helm's Deep battle than with Pelennor. Like, Jesus, it's imposible for them to survive this. And Theoden just goes Kamikaze with Aragorn and a fistful of survivors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzvAAAHVFBI

Now for wrath! Now for ruin and a red dawn!
>>
Fellowship, love the mysteriousness of that fucking squid thing in the pool, the mines of Moria and the balrog scene. Also love the beginning of the an adventure, always gets me hyped.
I would nearly pick Return of the King as my favorite purely for Minas Morgul scene, wish there had been more of that place, it was great.
>>
>>66834200

Minas Morgul is fucking fantastic. I wish they had included the corpse-flowers from the book, but I guess there was no way to quite get across how unnerving they're supposed to be visually.
>>
>>66825601
second hobbit film>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>other hobbit films>>>>>>>>shit>>>>>>LOTR trilogy

barrel scene in second hobbit was a fucking masterpiece
>>
>>66834254

If you look closely, the flowers are kind of giving off a toxic gas or something, but I agree, its impossible to know unless you read the book. I loved the toxic stream that flows from it and the dark open windows, terrifying as you never see what is watching you from within but you know that there is something evil.
To be honest, the film never really gets the industrial wasteland feel going that the book sets for mordor. Infront of the black gates are puddles of oil and stuff, the area is pretty much an environmental nightmare.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.