[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In this case, dare i say it, academy was right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: academy was right.jpg (493 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
academy was right.jpg
493 KB, 2048x1536
In this case, dare i say it, academy was right
>>
nope

TAOJJBTCRF
>>
File: james gang.jpg (103 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
james gang.jpg
103 KB, 500x700
>>66819480

based
>>
>>66819382
In my opinion TWBB is the better film, but both are terrific and worthy of the award. I couldn't be happier that it was given to No Country.
>>
>>66819505
Don't that picture look dusty?
>>
>>66819505
Fucking Brad Pitt.
>>
>>66819505
Best fucking movie of all time.
>>
>>66819884
TWBB is the better flick maybe, but PTA hasn't made a film in his entire career. Make no mistake.
>>
>>66820107
Haha, funny memes.
>>
File: shootout 1.webm (3 MB, 1094x452) Image search: [Google]
shootout 1.webm
3 MB, 1094x452
>>66819505
>>
>>66819480
This is the right answear
>>
>>66820174

Holt shit I can't find descent torrent for this film. Wanna watch it so badly
>>
>>66820113
It's the truth. There Will Be Blood is entertainment in disguise as art. No PTA film has ever transcended this desciption. I can "enjoy" his films in the same way one may watch a capeshit on a "entertainment" level, appreciating the performances and technical film making but to be fooled into thinking there is any substantial value to them beyond that is to have the wool pulled over your eyes by a fraud.

He is Tarantino with a more convincing veneer of legitimacy. It's the "meme" school of film making all the same. PTA just chooses to regurgitate new hollywood auters rather than schlock trash. It's the same masturbation at the core.
>>
>>66820203
If this isn't copypasta, PLEASE kill yourself.

I'M PATRICIAN AND HAVE SUPERIOR TASTE: the post.
>>
Was 2007 the last unusually great year for film?
>>
>>66820203
>entertainment in disguise as art

I think this goes for the vast majority of movies that people claim are artistic or deserving of an Oscar.
It's like they specifically try to appeal to the lowest common denominator's concept of art.

Then again, I think art is an idiotic concept, because no one seems to know its definition, and it holds no value in a world where we're saturated with entertainment, and people either love something to the point of obsession, or have a ironic distance from everything.
>>
TWBB is good but it's fucking overrated. Usually a fan of Daniel Day but he was overacting much of the time and his performance lacked subtlety.
>>
>>66820303
I am a "fresh out of IMDB" neo-"film buff" with zero education about the medium: the post.

The fact that a man like PTA can get treated like a bold artist is indicative of just how juvenile about cinema the modern film audience and critical community have become. So entrenched are you in capeshit masturbation that the first director who comes along and provides a meer impersonation of a time when cinema was still made for adults is heralded as a master, and of course the blinkered millennial self importance will result in him being called not only the best director working today but among the most important of all time. How many people with Magnolia in their all time top 10 have even seen the films of Altman?

PTA is the go to for the video game player who decides that he has grown out of Tarantino and is a serious film viewer now, and sadly he is often both the beginning and the end of the exploration of that notion for them.
>>
>>66820146
this is what a real shootout looks like, this movie is great.
>>
>>66819505

>the assassination of jesse and james by howard the duck
>>
File: shootout3.webm (3 MB, 1094x452) Image search: [Google]
shootout3.webm
3 MB, 1094x452
>>66820650
>>
>>66819505
Goddamn that's a solid cast.
>>
>>66820203
>"meme" school of film
heh memes
>>
>>66821757
>le meme is just le 4chan funnyword
Get an education before you try to speak about what you don't understand.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.