[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The best shatner era star trek movie.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: Star_Trek_IV_The_Voyage_Home.png (165 KB, 275x376) Image search: [Google]
Star_Trek_IV_The_Voyage_Home.png
165 KB, 275x376
The voyage home is hilarious.

watched it and search for spock the other night.

voyage home is pretty sjw. kek

save the whales.
Just the movie's 1,2,3,4,5,6

not talk about picard nu trek and those bullshi t tvshows.
>>
>>
everyone picks wrath of khan, you shit skinned Brazilian
>>
>>66819356
whats your fav ?????
>>
the undiscovered country.
>>
The Final Frontier was released in North America on June 9, 1989, amidst a summer box office crowded with sequels and blockbuster films. It had the highest opening gross of any film in the series at that point and was number one its first week at the box office, but its grosses quickly dropped in subsequent weeks. The film received generally mixed to poor reviews by critics on release, and according to its producer, it nearly killed the franchise. The next entry in the series, Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, received a more positive reception.
>>
>>

They're all good besides 5 which is unwatchable.
>>
Why is this thread in pidgin English?
>>
>>66820649
why does five get so much shit ????

its pretty good
>>
>>66820724
Its definitely the worst of the 6, but compared to todays rubbish, it doesnt seem that bad. It had too many slapstick comedy moments.

2 and 6 were great. 1 and 3 were good. 4 was fun but a bit too heavy on the environmental message. 5 was meh, but there were good scenes
>>
I have been on /tv/ since 2010, and since then, or even before then, "Star Trek" threads have been being made all day, every day, and it's most probably one, or two persons, three at the most, because of the style.

Who the fuck is the sad mental retard who keeps making these threads about this horrid TV show?

Just fucking die, you sorry sack of shit.
>>
>>66820724
>the row row row your boat scene
>special effects which were worse than those on TNG at the time
>William Shatner stroking his massive ego the entire film and masturbating over how amazing he is
>LOL Spock has a brother now

Need I go on?
>>
>>66820724
I respect it more than Nemesis and the JJ movies because at least it was trying to do something different and ask questions rather than just have space ship shoot at each other, but its pretty badly put together. And a lot of it doesn't make sense.

Why did they spend 10 minutes introducing the diplomats when they barely figured into the movie at all? The entire first hour is extended set-up material really. 95% of it is meaningless.

How did Sybok get the crew on his side? Did he hypnotise them or are they willingly following him?

The effects are amazingly bad. I know they couldn't get ILM but there had to be a better studio than this available.

It's in the same category as The Room for me as its just so bizarrely bad it's hard to believe human beings made it.
>>
>>66820815
>only three people out of millions who post on 4chan like Star Trek

(You)
>>
>>66819317
1 and 2. You can flush the rest.
>>
>>66819317
Voyage home was the "normie" movie to recoup losses after the subpar Star Trek III.

For that reason it's pretty funny for a trek film
>>
>>66820848
You forgot
>That completely out of place scene where old Uhura does a "sexy" fan dance, and evreyone lusts over her saggy old body.
>>
>>66820929
loads of great funny scene's in voyage home

scotty talking into the pc mouse

"computer ehh computer "
>>
>>66820974
I was going to bring that up, but then I know there'd be ten people replying with
>implying that part was bad
>>
>>66821000
And Bones giving the cancer patient a pill to cure her. "So barbaric" HAHAHA yeah sorry we don't have the technology yet to make FUCKING MAGICAL CANCER PILLS YOU IDIOT
>>
>>66820815
this thread is about THEMOVIES

not the tv show.

any1 else only like the movies and not the tv show.

ive only ever watched a couple of old trek shows with my father.

but we both loved watching the movies. (shatner era)

anytime I put next gen on it got switched over rapid.

its nothing like the films. mostly all filler.
>>
>>66820848
loved that scene

those flying boots coooooollll
>>
best soundtrack

star wars 6
>>
The Voyage Home is literally a sitcom version of Star Trek that people who don't like SF can enjoy.
This film is the basis for JJTrek.
>>
>>66822704
off-shoot story when?

george and gracie "THE TIME TRAVELLING WHALES"

now thats a movie I would pay to view.
>>
kahhhhhhhnnnnn
>>
>10 = Among the best movies ever made.
>9 = Amazing / Superb
>8 = Great
>7 = Very Good
>6 = Good
>5 = Ok / Meh
>4 = Poor
>3 = Bad
>2 = Very Bad
>1 = Horrible

TMP = 6
WOK = 9
TSFS = 7
TVH = 6
TFF = (don't remember much) = low 5 / high 4
TUC = 9
Generations = 5
First Contact = 7
Insurrection = high 3 / low 4
Nemesis = 7
2009 = 8
Into Darkness = low 8
>>
>>66823489
Wait till JJ Trek 4
>>
>>66822704
ah, it makes sense that its the only old star trek thing ive ever liked. i guess its true that new is always better
>>
>>66824102
into darkness 8/10

nice bait . 4 or 5 at best
>>
>>66824102
TMP = 7
WOK = 8
TSFS = 5
TVH = 6
TFF = 3
TUC = 9
Generations = 4
First Contact = 7
Insurrection = 3
Nemesis = 5
2009 = 8
Into Darkness = 4
>>
>>66824332
There is nothing fucking wrong with Into Darkness other then the cure for death shit.
>>
>>66824447
its a brutal watch anon.

bennie cumberbatch is fucking unbearable, he is the old eddie redmaye.

british toff wankers
>>
File: slow-chew-llama.gif (2 MB, 371x316) Image search: [Google]
slow-chew-llama.gif
2 MB, 371x316
>>66824447
>There is nothing fucking wrong with Into Darkness
>>
>>66824162
So you prefer some camp comedy shit instead of sf? OK....
>>
>>66820649
>5 which is unwatchable.
V was such a trainwreck on and off screen that its a miracle the movie even got made. Knowing about all the things that went wrong with it makes it much more watchable. Still the worst of the original movies, but what can you do.

I remember my dad taking me to the movies and we saw ghostbusters 2 and then theater hopped into star trek V. I've never been able to get hyped for anything since.
>>
>>66824574
never ever theatre hop anon kek.

jp3 then into tomb raider, worse cinema day in history.
>>
>>66824574
what went worng ?
>>
>>66824646
But JP3 was geat and both Tomb Raiders were moderately ok.
>>
>>66824681
The studio kept cutting the budget and wanting things changed, there was a big labor strike happening, threats made to the studio and production crew because of it, shatner's ego, the list goes on.

Im posting on my lunchbreak so i can't get to into the details but anything that could go wrong, did. If you're interested there are plenty of articles about it online.
>>
Wrath > Voyage > First Contact > Undiscovered Country

Everything else doesn't matter tbqh.
>>
File: klingon_bird_of_pray_005.jpg (88 KB, 1249x852) Image search: [Google]
klingon_bird_of_pray_005.jpg
88 KB, 1249x852
Funfact: Star Trek IV The Voyage Home was originally going to have Eddie Murphy as the main star.

The plot was going to be Eddie Murphy was going to be a teacher interested in UFOs, and he sees the Klingon Bird of Prey decloak above a football game and follows it to where it lands.

Eddie Murphy was huge in the 80s, and he mentioned Star Trek in one of his stand up routines, I think it was Delirious. So Paramount contacted him to ask him to be in Trek 4 because he was hot star at that moment. Eddie agreed and the script was written for him, but then Eddie pulled out to do The Golden Child instead, and Eddie's character was re-written as the Gillian character and the whales were added to give her character a purpose in the movie.
>>
>>66824447
I agree, anon. I enjoyed the hell out of it even with Cumberbatch's overacting at times (when doesn't he though?). Just love the new cast ... can't wait for the next one.
>>
>>66820907
I'm pretty much in this camp/
>>
They were all pretty crappy except the first one. Of course, actual Trekkies believe the exact opposite, which only proves my point ...

The first film is the only one that stands on its own. It's an epic, mind-expanding slab of wide-screen sci-fi. It's the Trek film that non-virgins can enjoy. Saw it at the weekend, and it still looks friggin' awesome in 2016.

All the rest are just like bloated TV episodes, re-heated for the most undemanding fanbase ever. You're welcome to them, Trekkies.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.