[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did it fail so horribly?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: J7Ket.jpg (83 KB, 968x362) Image search: [Google]
J7Ket.jpg
83 KB, 968x362
Why did it fail so horribly?
>>
>>66814901
because I watched the first 2 episodes and then was like "ehh I've got too many games to play, movies and tv shows to finish watching than to start this".
>>
I think the main reason was there was not enough nudity from Tracy Spiridakos
>>
It was God awful writing. Remember the sniper scene?

>Hm, a marksman who can quickly and accurately take out single targets
>Send men out one at a time until he runs out of ammo!

Why didn't they all just rush him?
>>
>>66814953
This desu
>>
The teenager was a cunt and nobody got naked enough.
>>
>>66814901
Believe it or not, but the last season was actually good. That guy molesting children gave it the death blow though.
>>
>>66814901
because no one had ever heard of a black start
>b-but electricity just wouldn't work anymore
stupidest idea Ive ever heard
>>
>>66814901
most of the characters were insufferable SJW tropes
>>
File: 1448212701291.jpg (84 KB, 392x423) Image search: [Google]
1448212701291.jpg
84 KB, 392x423
>>66814901
Jumped the shark when those dumb amulets that let electronics work show up.

Show would have been better without that retarded grandma-is-a-robot twist.
>>
>>66815105
Even just a handful of people all running from different locations.
>>
>>66815222
It's pretty well established in the show that electricity CAN'T be generated in any way. It's eventually explained with nanobots. Is that stupid? Yes, equally as stupid as zombies or creating dinosaurs using mosquitoes stuck in sap, but if you're too autistic to suspend your disbelief enough to accept the basic premise, that's your problem, not the show's.

There are more than enough arguments about how fucking retarded the writing was without having to resort to "hurr durr but there should be electricity".
>>
>>66815900
but there should be for fucks sake. So a dynamo no longer works?
>>
retarded sci-fi, the 100 did it better than revolution.
>>
File: s.m.stirling Dies The Fire.jpg (48 KB, 360x560) Image search: [Google]
s.m.stirling Dies The Fire.jpg
48 KB, 360x560
>>66814901
>Why did it fail so horribly?

Right off the bat they fucked up, by starting the tv series 20 years _after_ the collapse of civilization, skipping over all the actually interesting stuff, then instead of concentrating on people surviving the post-apocalyptic world and rebuilding it / fighting over it, they guaranteed the series would be utter shit by making it about magical “nanobots”…

Hollywood simply doesn’t understand sci-fi.
>>
>>66815926
No a dynamo would not fucking work. The explanation is that the air is filled with countless microscopic nanobots that absorb any electricity generated pretty much instantaneously, preventing it being used. No matter how you generate it, it will be absorbed before it can have any affect.
>>
>>66814901
Too much whining about "muh killing and muh gunz are bad" and being crybabies instead of just following along with Uncle Killemall Billy Bob Thorton's plans.
>>
>>66816174
I hated that too in the first season, but if you keep watching, they get over it fairly quick and spend the rest of the series being merciless rambos with no conscience.
>>
>>66816402
Yeah, then you get all the nanobot nonsense and wondergirl the inexplicable badass better than all the men instead.

The sad thing is, I was still hoping for the show to continue and try to do something decent with the not-Enclave in S3.
>>
>>66816713
I can't believe it was only 2 fucking seasons with all the shit they went through. Why is it that through all the retarded bullshit I couldn't stop feeling like there was potential for an amazing show underneath and getting angry that it just kept being retarded?
>>
>>66816830
Because it was a good premise with a solid cast and good prop/makeup department. They just fucked up the story royally.

You can lay all the blame square at the writer's feet.
>>
>>66817224
Sounds about right. I loved Giancarlo Esposito in it until they had him constantly swapping sides and then being a cuck.
>>
>>66815983
What if you have the dynamo under water?
>>
>>66815105
I'm not saying Revolution had good writing, but depiction of callous and inept characters is not a bad writing. Unless you point out that Cpt. Baker was otherwise depicted as competent, which he wasn't.
>>
>>66815943
I liked scenery they get and society they showed, and there were plenty of flashbacks to the collapse itself, so your argument is invalid. It was just not very well written.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.