[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the movie that a director made, or the movie in a franchise,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: wenn2678864.jpg (193 KB, 787x1000) Image search: [Google]
wenn2678864.jpg
193 KB, 787x1000
What was the movie that a director made, or the movie in a franchise, or the movie starring an actor, that made you completely swear them off forever?

Surely we've all hit that breaking point at some time or another. The director/actor/series has been gradually trying our patience more and more, until finally that one movie comes out and is the straw that breaks the camel's back. You said, enough, no more. What was it?
>>
>>66811294

I know this is gonna start a whole big thing and crash this thread, but honestly The Dark Knight Rises did it for me
>>
File: joy-poster.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1778) Image search: [Google]
joy-poster.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1778
This right here.
>>
>>66811294
After watching Alexander, I realized I could happily live the rest of my life without ever seeing another Oliver Stone movie.
>>
I refuse to ever give another penny to anything Eli Roth is involved in following Green Inferno. Hostel and Cabin Fever are fine post-9/11 gore flicks, whatever, but Green Inferno was a fucking embarrassment.

I don't give two shits of he was just le tro-lo-lo-ing audiences; the movie was garbage.
>>
>>66811366
Yeah, after The Dark Knight and Batman Begins I realized Nolan a shit and haven't seen anything he's done since. All I'm missing out on is the memes, really. And I have you guys to make up for that. <3
>>
File: are you fucking kidding me.jpg (57 KB, 486x720) Image search: [Google]
are you fucking kidding me.jpg
57 KB, 486x720
this abomination
>>
>>66811403
Who did you give up on?
>>
>>66811510

He's done some good stuff. Memento, The Prestige, and Interstellar are pretty damn good, and I liked the first two Batman films even if they weren't meant to be as silly as they are. there's always some corniness to contend with, but sometimes the good outweighs the bad

And though I wasn't crazy about Inception, I can see what others liked about it
>>
I liked Ghosts of the Civil Dead and The Proposition and then The Road destroyed any interest I ever had in seeing another John Hillcoat movie. I can't remember any other single movie where I felt like a director's deficiencies were laid so completely bare, I guess because with The Road I knew the source material so well.
>>
>>66811545

David O Russell.
>>
>>66811647

It's a good thing you didn't see Lawless then because it's much, much worse. And the trailers for Triple 9 don't look promising at all
>>
>>66811690
What happened? I haven't seen anything since I Love Huckabee's, which was ok.
>>
File: Fuck your ice fishing story.webm (3 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
Fuck your ice fishing story.webm
3 MB, 1920x800
>>66812015
Not him but Silver Linings Playbook was great, and American Hustle was pretty good.
>>
>>66812976
you're on the wrong board pal
>>
>>66813051
I don't think I am, friend.
>>
File: 1356565052710.png (363 KB, 491x528) Image search: [Google]
1356565052710.png
363 KB, 491x528
>>66813089
you're right, he meant you're on the wrong website
>>
>>66811544
came to post this
>>
Ridley Scott is done for me

He did fucking BLADE RUNNER and ALIEN now he's moved on to musical comedies like THE MARTIAN
>>
Took me a while to realize it, but everything he's done since Jackie Brown has been the same formulaic self-masturbatory crap.
>>
>>66815385
Right there with you anon. Django was OK I didn't hate it really but it wasn't something amazing either. I think Tarantino went over edgy with the Nigger this and that, I know that's his thing, I guess I just suppose for me it was not the right balance or something seemed forced. I have yet to see Hateful Eight and have no plan's on going out of my way to..
>>
>>66813806
kek
>>
>>66815385
>>66815598
I felt the same way but finally watched Hateful 8 the other day and it was surprisingly refreshing. Best thing he's done in years. It's still self indulgent in places and has a muddy third act (but great ending) but overall I honestly would recommend it, especially to non-fans like you and I. It's actually got depth and real themes unlike most of his work. It's also staunchly anti-SJW bullshit and is more about finding a middle ground and working together to end racism by realizing we are all human, those unfortunate enough to grow up black and poor and those unfortunate enough to grow up southern, white, and poor. Plus it's got cool effects and Kurt is great. I dunno, I watched it right after The Revenant which I hated (talk about swearing off a director, I haven't even seen anything else by him and I hate the cunt) so it might have just seemed especially good compared to that
>>
>>66815694
Hmmm maybe I'll have to check it out. I think part of it was not once did the trailer engage me, I let trailers sway my preconceptions too easily tho. After seeing the Deadpool trailer like 20 times in theater I had to be dragged to the actual movie.

As long as it draws me in then I'll be happy, when I first watched Django I could give a fuck less what happened, and the only character I really cared about was Dr. Shultz cause Christoph Waltz is a good actor IMO.

I actually opted for the Rev over Hateful8 which was nothing special either. Only thing that got to me was it was -40 below out the theater so I felt cold as fuck the whole time haha and Tom Hardy made me actually hate him for once.
>>
>>66815899
I tend not to watch trailers myself. I don't really care much for Tom Hardy outside of Bronson but thought he was alrightish in it. Still sounds like Bane to me. Course, I also hated Fury Road so what do I know. If you like Waltz, prepare to see Tim Roth do a terrible impression of him in Hateful 8. Other than him and Michael Madsen, though, everybody's great
>>
>>66811474
That fucking movie ruined Eli Roth for me as well, to the point where when I see a picture of him I get furious almost. The whole time waiting for it I was like FUCK YEA and almost even traveled to see it cause up until last moment theaters in my area were refusing to show it. I get that his wife is smokin hot but she's such an awful actress. Knock Knock was a piece of shit too, I know some liked it but another let down for me. Atleast Keanu was like "whoaaaa bro keanu" in it, I like when he's a super dork tho.

>>66811634
The Prestige doesn't get the respect it deserves I don't think. I had completely forgot about it till recently when I saw in scrolling thru STARZ, I put it on more for just background noise and wew good fucking story. I honestly didn't even realize it was a Bravo Nolan movie desu.

I still don't know where I land on Interstellar, not saying I disliked it whatsoever I went to see it 2x in theater. I just built myself up like it was gonna be the greatest fucking thing I ever saw and it fell short of my expectations I built.

I didn't mind the Batman shit, I enjoyed it as much as a Marvel fanboy is gonna enjoy a DC story. Could have been much worse like this new Batman is shaping up to be, kinda hard to have Bale as a lead and have a complete piece of shit no matter what it is.

I feel the exact same way about Inception, not amazing to me but can completely understand the appeal.

I don't feel like I need to write anything about Memento.

All and all I feel comfortable with Nolan as a director still and would willingly give anything of his a chance.
>>
>>66815953
I just happen to see them often cause there's nothing to do around here besides go to the movies so there's really no avoiding them. I'm kinda in the same headspace with Hardy as you. I often feel like I'm watching Tom Hardy be Tom Hardy not whatever character he's portraying, so in rev when I actually felt emotion it was kinda cool. He'll always be the Big Guy too and we'll never escape that. Bronson is and always will be a personal fav tho so not much to say there.

It's nice to see someone else who doesn't think Fury Road is some cinematic masterpiece. In 3D with loud ass theater sound it was fuckin amazing and the definition of aesthetically pleasing to me. Tried watching it when they put it on HBO on a regular TV and nothing special. When people we're up in arms that it didn't win Picture of the Year I just kinda rolled my eyes and left the argument alone.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.