[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the cast you would have preferred for Ghostbusters 3, /tv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9
File: ArthritisBusters.png (1 MB, 968x917) Image search: [Google]
ArthritisBusters.png
1 MB, 968x917
Is this the cast you would have preferred for Ghostbusters 3, /tv/?
>>
File: 1419566745732.jpg (51 KB, 355x236) Image search: [Google]
1419566745732.jpg
51 KB, 355x236
>>66810176
No, Hollywood needs to let shit be.
>>
File: feel hoodie.png (151 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
feel hoodie.png
151 KB, 1000x1000
>>66810176

>"but wait that's not all of them"
>Remember that Harold Ramis is dead
>>
with the ghost of harold ramis, yeah
>>
What about the jew that turned into a dog
>>
>>66810176
>Ghostbusters 3
WHY the fuck does it even need to be made?
>>
>>66810176

Yeah, and the urn of Ramis's ashes with a tiny proton pack.

Look at Ackroyd's fucking despicable capitalist eyebrows. I'd like to hold his head under my shitting ass.
>>
The problem with Ghostbusters is there is nowhere for the plot to go in sequels and there is no way to remake the original without rehashing it's plot because its so consise it would be incredibly difficult to think of new reasons for the group to come together and where the ghosts come from and what they do. The new one is also doing
>ghosts all over new york city

I think there wasnt a Ghostbusters 3 because they realized they couldnt rehash the first one again and even in 2 the threat was so laughably underwhelming. The Ghostbusters exist to stop the god from an alternate dimension. After that they have no reason to exist. I heard the comic book and video game continuations are really good so I dunno maybe im wrong.
>>
I love Ghostbusters, but a GBU like what they might be trying to push is certainly not something we need.
Just make another cartoon if you want to use the franchise.
>>
>>66810176
>get this cast
>great movie
>cgi ghost harold ramis saves the day from the big bad

take my money
>>
>>66810176
WTF was Sigourney even at the shoot? Looks photoshopped as fuck.
>>
Can't they just keep fighting different kinds of ghost? Can't ghost variety be the films' raison d'etre?
>>
>Listen, that reminds me, you shouldn't leave your TV on so loud when you go out. The creep down the hall phoned the manager.
>You know what I did? I climbed on the ledge and tried to disconnect the cable, but I couldn't get in, so you know what I did? I turned my TV up real loud too so everyone would think all our TVs had something wrong with them.
>/tv/ personified
>>
That would have been a sad, sad, sad dead shit decision.
But still better than what they're releasing.
>>
Should have had them fight angry 9/11 victims.
>>
>>66810439

Check the big black line between Ackroyd and the rest of them.
>>
a bunch old ass men trying to relive their glory days would probably be worse than what we got
>>
I have no fucking issue with a "Ghostbusters Universe"

There's a neat premise there. A world where a) the supernatural is confirmed fact and b) there exist people who understand it enough to combat it. There were two big bads, and infinite room to create more. There were opportunities to learn more, to pass on the tech, to expand the scope, etc etc...

In essence, there existed in Ghostbusters the framework for cool worldbuilding IN THE CONTEXT of creating a piece of media with wide appeal and financial success.

What I don't like about this Ghostbusters is that I feel like they're trying to tap into this universe through a reboot when they could have just written a story about the tools being handed off to a new generation really fucking easily.
>>
>>66810439
Because she was in the original you fucking child
>>
>>66810410

You're definitely wrong but nice try
>>
>>66810176
it would've been good, but you could've make a good movie without the original cast. just if they didn't shoehorn >muh feminism it could've been ok.

heck even a 2 guy 2 women would've been cool

rate this ghostbusters team:

kevin james
channing tatum
zach woods
brandon t. jackson
>>
File: warden-leo-glynn-1024.jpg (208 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
warden-leo-glynn-1024.jpg
208 KB, 1024x576
holy shit, just realized leo glynn was in ghostbusters
>>
>>66810176
let dead franchises stay dead
>>
File: 187.jpg (79 KB, 634x566) Image search: [Google]
187.jpg
79 KB, 634x566
>>66810492
drowned syrian refugees and collateral damage from drone strikes will be making an appearance instead. 9/11 victims would incite islamophobia.
>>
>>66810509
He means the picture you mongoloid.
>>
>>66810509
I'm saying it looks like they photoshopped her in there. I'm aware she was in the film you spastic.
>>
>>66810176

NO, because not every movie franchise from the 80s needs a fucking remake
>>
I wouldn't have preferred any cast because Ghostbusters is a horridly overrated series. The second movie was awful, and the first one is just mediocre.

I could give two shits if the new one has a female cast, or whether it bombs.
>>
>>66810736

The second is as good as the first, sick of people trying to be edgy about it.
>>
File: sad john hammond.jpg (24 KB, 431x458) Image search: [Google]
sad john hammond.jpg
24 KB, 431x458
I wish I could become a famous Hollywood director so I could make my own original franchises to keep these ones safe.

Before you know it they'll be making a third Blues Brothers movie starring feminists.
>>
>>66810785
No its not, its a tired rehash and even though the first half has good parts the second is just retarded with an utterly stupid final confrontation that just shows they dont know what the fuck they wanted to do with the plot. Nothing edgy about that.
>>
>>66810374
>WHY the fuck does it even need to be made?
DAILY REMINDER:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CL4LNWHegk
>>
I would have been fine if they had a son of one of the original cast or something. As cliche as it may be, it works better than forced female cast
>>
>Max Milkson
>Thom Hardly
>Na'Omi Watts
>Sam Jackson

>Directed by Duvd Lunch

>Set in Tokyo Bay, in the future city/skyscraper
>its december and the ghost of colonel sanders sinks one of the hexaganol plates which had the chicken farms
>citizens of mile high skyscraper begin to starve
>resurrected on guadalcanal a black soldier killed in WW2 comes back to life, for no apparent reason, (Sam Jackson's character)
>his body washes ashore in Tokyo Bay
>Seasoned female reporter is sent from the UK to investigage the bizarre happenings (Na'Omi Watts)
>happens to be first person to meet the WW2 soldier, as he's vomiting himself back to life on the cold beach
>bullets mixed with fish pour from his mouf for 45 mins (sped up with an artful time lapse sequence) eventually the face of a swedish man emerge from the vomit (Max Milkson)
>the three, now kindred spirits, join together
>they hit the town up in search of whiskey and octopus balls
>on their way they encounter a drunken man on the side walk speaking wildly about ghosts
>they recruit him
>the ghostbusters are formed

This is what I've been working on for a while and I was hoping to pitch it at some point to Duvd Lunch but looks like the chances of that happening are gone. I think I'm going to keep writing it more anyways. This is only the basis of the story. I've been NEET so long working on this thing my parents demand I deliver something that will break me into Holwood.
>>
>>66810220
He can return as a ghost.
>>
>>66810830

The ending is fucking epic.
>>
File: 1247704709179.jpg (15 KB, 308x422) Image search: [Google]
1247704709179.jpg
15 KB, 308x422
>>66810176
>no egon

Ray may have been the heart of the ghostbusters but Egon was the soul.
>>
>>66810468
HAHA oh wow. yeah
>>
File: 1434597415992.png (72 KB, 226x263) Image search: [Google]
1434597415992.png
72 KB, 226x263
>Watches trailer
>"30 years ago, 4 scientist saved the world"

False, Winston wasn't a scientist.
And is this a reboot or a sequel?

>"But Anon! Your wrong! The GB cartoon said he was a scientist!"

Both Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis said it isn't canon.

Ghostbusters The Video Game is Ghostbusters 3

It ended the series there.
>Deal with it.
>>
>>66811044
The ending is not fucking epic.
>>
>>66810176
The movie was basically built on the back of Harold Ramis' awesome comedic writing; Bill Murray and Dan Aykyroyd certainly helped in terms of what they brought on screen but virtually everything behind the scenes was thanks to the director and Ramis. Without them Ghostbusters is basically doomed.

Its like doing Robocop without Veerhoven or Conan the Barbarian without Milius. You can nail a lot of how the film looks and grab the basics, but your not going to be able to capture the same magic if you try it again. Ghostbusters was lightning in a bottle with a mediocre sequel already, a reboot could never succeed no matter who you cast in it.
>>
>>66810176
i would just prefer a Ghostbusters Extreme movie at this point
>>
>>66811179

How is it not?
>>
>>66811125
>And is this a reboot or a sequel?

Feig's been pretty clear in interviews that it's a reboot. I'd be willing to bet Ernie Hudson's cameo is as the uncle Leslie Jones's character borrows the new Ecto-1 from.
>>
>>66811335
Nah it leaked that he's the guy they buy the firehouse from. There's leaked pics.
>>
>>66810410
Plenty of places you could take the story/universe with a sequel. You just gotta be willing to take shit to new places.

I had this idea that by now, the Ghostbusters are a major operation and have been absorbed internationally by all major governments. The tech has gotten incredibly advanced and streamlined.

Various entities have been threatening that some baddie is coming (I don't have a name, I just called it "The Benefactor" to have something to write) .... the thing is, they've been hearing about this for over a decade, and nothing's happened. Supernatural activity hasn't been much of a challenge in recent history. No major events have occurred or showed signs of occurring. The world is slowly letting its guard down.

Research into this "Benefactor" has yielded no results. There are no traces of it in history. So the story is that the activity of the Ghostbusters is attracting some new entity of unknown power that no one in our dimension has ever encountered or has any knowledge of.

Meanwhile, demonic agents of this "Benefactor" have been possessing various people of power and positioning themselves to essentially neuter the major Ghostbuster divisions.

Blah blah story story the evil plan works. The Ghostbusters are reduced to very small, scattered operations, similar in scope to the original Ghostbusters.

The Benefactor appears and blah blah, epic paranormal shit worldwide. Ghostbusters are very unprepared for the scale and scope of the Benefactor's power.

Blah blah figure out how to beat him. One idea was that all of the original Ghostbusters are dead except Venkman and Winston. They have insight into a secret warehouse containing tons of prototypical weaponry that Egon and Ray had been developing. Blah blah figure it out, save the day, whatever.

..... I just shat that idea out of my ass.
>>
>>66811125

IMHO, he became a scientist when he "joined" the team, not in a "scientific" way of course
>>
I'd like to see Ernie Hudson Bobby Peru the spherical one.
>>
>>66811981
Not enough like the original, Hollywood is afraid of original ideas.
>>
>>66810786
Nah. You'd be making Thundercats 1 with a salary of half a mil. 2 million if you sign on for a sequel.
>>
File: Kristen-Stewart-Photo.jpg (445 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
Kristen-Stewart-Photo.jpg
445 KB, 2560x1920
I just noticed how much Sigourney Weaver looks like an older KStew.
>>
>>66810211
dat pointy vulcan ear
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.