[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well, after all these years I finally saw Jaws. Then I watched
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: Jaws-movie-poster.jpg (258 KB, 1545x1869) Image search: [Google]
Jaws-movie-poster.jpg
258 KB, 1545x1869
Well, after all these years I finally saw Jaws. Then I watched Wall-E for the first time. Feels good man.

I know you have that one movie, the movie that you've put off watching your whole life. The one that you feel like you don't even have to watch, because it's so ingrained in pop culture you know everything about it. If someone brings it up, you would never dream to say "Nah, I haven't seen it." Even worse, you might have started watching it a few years ago, and had to stop a half hour into it, making it even harder to start again.

There are people browsing /tv/ RIGHT NOW who haven't seen Back to the Future. Don't be that person, anon, go watch whatever movie you know you should have watched along time ago.

Me? Heh, I'm a judge. If you need me, I'll be marathoning "2001". Nothing personell....kidd....
>>
>Drunk shit-posting

Australia is awake
>>
File: aragon.jpg (6 KB, 271x186) Image search: [Google]
aragon.jpg
6 KB, 271x186
>>66807315
**Glances at anon from a distance. Stands up from massage table, tells 10/10 blonde bombshell, "Thanks for the rubdown, beautiful babe". Walks toward anon while bitchin' electric guitar riff plays in the background. Slowly but coolly takes off my sunglasses and place them in my breast pocket. Say "I'm sorry anon, could you repeat that?" You reply "I-It was nothing Anon, I s-swear". I quip back "Heh, that's what I thought".
>>
i'll make a list
clockwork orange
the shining
the godfather trilogy
scarface
back to the future
star wars ot
predator
alien
blade runner

should i watch all of it?
>>
File: llib.jpg (7 KB, 263x191) Image search: [Google]
llib.jpg
7 KB, 263x191
>>66807542
Don't watch another movie until you watch Godfather 1 & 2. Seriously, you would be crazy not to.
>>
>>66807267
They added blade runner to Netflix so I can finally see what all the hubbub is about. Also never seen the godfather or goodfellas that wasn't on TV
>>
Alright I'm going to watch Clockwork Orange
>>
File: gentoo.jpg (5 KB, 255x198) Image search: [Google]
gentoo.jpg
5 KB, 255x198
>>66808255
Go watch 'The Godfather' then GF2 ASAP. They're objectively amazing, it doesn't matter what your taste is, maybe you have a preconceived notion about it, but I guarantee that whatever you think it's going to be is wrong. You're going to be blown away and feel silly that it took you so long to watch them.
>>
>>66807542
nice b8 m8

How would one find oneself browsing /tv/ if one hadn't seen most of these? They're pretty much essentials for any movie-lover - this is why your post is bait, anon.
>>
I've been pirating like crazy, getting stuff I hear I know is supposed to be great. I'm just trying to run through my back catalogue, watched Die Hard for the first time yesterday now watching Rumble in the Bronx. On the agenda currently: Dr Strangelove, Gangs of New York, Blade Runner, In Bruges, the Lethal Weapon series, etc.
>>
>>66807267
Glad you enjoyed it, OP. Jaws is my all time favorite movie and I've seen it easily over 100 times at this point. The Shark is Still Working is a really good fan made documentary that came on the blu-Ray release so I'd recommend checking that out too.
>>
>>66808756
You'd be surprised, anon. I very strongly suspect that a large portion of /tv/ considers reading a Wikipedia plot summary the same as seeing a movie.
>>
started but got interrupted and never finished
irreversible
zodiac
a separation
the lives of others
city of god
>>
>>66807542
Besides 2001, star wars, and blade runner, my list is the same.

With the addition of:
terminator
jaws
Indiana Jones
The Wizard of OZ
rocky
rambo
die hard

BUT! I did start watching these this year. Watched Godfather 1 & 2, a clockwork orange, the first Rocky, Die Hard 1–3. Started watching Alien this week and have 2–4 queued up. Also queued up are predator 1 & 2, shitload of jaws movies, the shining, scarface, and some more rocky films.
>>
File: welcome-to-the-party-pal.jpg (13 KB, 400x296) Image search: [Google]
welcome-to-the-party-pal.jpg
13 KB, 400x296
>>66808901
>>
>>66808544
Watched half of it. Turned it off because it was boring as fuck, and I'm speaking as a guy who watched and enjoyed 2001.
>>
>>66809399
You should stick with it. I'm this >>66809238 idiot and I loved it. Enjoyed 2001, too.
>>
I bought drive on bluray back in 2012 when best buy was selling it for $10

Its still the shrink wrap
>>
I used to watch a movie new (to me) almost every single day usually with 2-3 other people.

Now I punch a 9-5 and play league of legends where did it all go so wrong.

And all this time I have been putting of 2001 and citizen kane
>>
>>66807267
Godfather was mine, watched the trilogy about a month ago. Funnily enough I found the third one actually seemed to age the worst of the three considering its the most recent. First two are amazing, espescially 2 with DeNiro
>>
>>66809399
You're not alone. I appreciate The Godfather movies from a technical standpoint but I'm just not a fan of the genre. It took me a while to make it through both of them.
>>
I haven't watched The Exorcist yet but that's because I'm a huge pussy.
>>
>>66810378
I watched it on Netflix a few days ago. I had seen it before but it had been a long time. Still scary as fuck.
>>
Anything Chaplin
Anything buster Keaton
Anything Jackie chan
Anything Orson wells
Anything Scandinavian. Especially seventh seal.
Anything silent
Anything Russian silent (the guy they say invented editing)
Singing in the rain

Fuck. Russian silents are on YouTube now and I don't even want to see its clips.
>>
>>66810213
I feel ashamed that I haven't open my $10 Murnau low grade collection

I have many discs that I bought impulsively because its priced $10. They are mostly still in shrink wrap
>>
File: Screenshot (61).png (852 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (61).png
852 KB, 1366x768
>>66808901
Gangs of New York is top-tier Scorsese
>>
>>66807542
How old are you?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.