[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your theories on these things? What I know about The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1457361503300.jpg (79 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1457361503300.jpg
79 KB, 1280x720
What are your theories on these things?

What I know about The Others/White Walkers

1. They have language
2. They can laugh and get angry - presumably they have emotion
3. They scream/screech in pain
3. They wear clothes/armor - so presumably they understand decency
4. G.R.R.M has said that they are not dead but a different type of life - They are living
5. They don't like fire
6. They have magic powers over ice and the ability to raise the dead
7. They ride horses - So they get tired?
8. They seem to be on a war path, but we don't know why
9. Craster had made a deal with them - so they don't just want to kill all humans and know "diplomacy"
10. In the books it is mentioned that wildlings may have had sex with them - Do they have carnal desires?
11. They have probably never been to west and central Essos.
12. They can be killed by obsidian

I don't think it will be a black and white battle of good vs evil, but I'm not sure where else it can go.
>>
In the show it will be a battle of Good guys (Jon, Dany, Tyrion) vs Bad guys WW

Books will be more complex, and wasn't this thread already posted today?
>>
They're actually the good guys
>>
>>66803207
They actually live in a national park and their aliens that don't realize they're actually dead
>>
They're just Irish drunks. GoT is anti-alcohol propaganda.
>>
The White Walkers are a force of primordial nature that are attempting to preserve the world for a new beginning by entering it into an ice age. This represents Ice in title A Song of Ice and Fire. They are facing an opposing force that represents Fire in the followers of the Lord of Light, who want to prevent this shifting of ages, but will ultimately only consume the world until it is dead. Ice preserves, fire destroys
>>
>>66803071
You are a pathetic useless cunt.
>>
They're pretty much like humans but the show will fuck everything up and you should have stopped watching at least like a year ago.
>>
>>66803251
kek
>>
>>66803071
I had a dream a couple nights ago where I was being chased by lion version of these guys. You couldn't kill them

Pretty scary desu
>>
>>66803342
>Ice preserves, fire destroys
bingo.

The Others are basically spookyelves
>>
In the book they're actually supposed to be attractive, or something. The show just made them ugly ice zombies.
>>
White Walkers did nothing wrong
>>
>>66803596
This would explain alot like how one of them had sex with a commander on the wall. Ofc making them elegant is much more involved than ice Zombies.
>>
>>66803596
They're described as elves that are made of beautiful ice.

Why anyone who has actually read the books likes Hardhome, I don't fucking know.
>>
>showfag theories
>>
I think they started as children of the forest. They can turn humans into them but that's probably a newer development. They probably started when the first men drove the children north, and some of them went all the way to the arctic and changed themselves with magic. Now they want to kill everyone probably for some reason too random to guess.
>>
>>66803736
>>66803596
They're pretty much just tiny frost giants from Norse mythology. The upper tiers are classy hot nords and the lower down the pole you go they start to deteriorate into decayed frozen zombies
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.