[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did he mean by this? Is he always the Hulk?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
What did he mean by this?

Is he always the Hulk?
>>
yea this shit dont make no gawd dam sense tbqh
>>
No, Mark Ruffalo is a feminist IRL and he was expressing his views in the flick
>>
>>66796948
Thanks, I remembered this and got confused.
>>
>>66796043
He found that if we was angrier than the hulk, the hulk wouldnt smash things cos he wasnt angry enough
Or maybe he was just joking lel
>>
>>66796043
This is the most profound statement of the 21st century
>>
I liked The Avengers but Hulk was handled the worst of them all. They hinted at some personal growth for the character but it never seemed to pan out in any way. It was suggested he had the power to turn at will at the end of The Incredible Hulk and also at this point in the Avengers, but never explained anything about how that worked aside from this one vague line. And then at this point in the Avengers Hulk seemed pretty well in-control and was using his powers discriminatingly but earlier in the film it was a big deal that he destroyed half the airship he was on and almost murdered ScarJo because he had no self control, and this was never reconciled.
>>
>>66796043
the way i see it, at the start of the movie bruce banner was already able to control his hulk side. He only lost control because of loki scepter. The line he gave to cap was kind of a reveal to the audience that he was always in control. At least thats what I think.
>>
I can relate to the guy cause there's a boiling rage in me constantly aswell.
>>
File: mr_furious.jpg (24 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
mr_furious.jpg
24 KB, 500x273
>>66797547
>tfw you think you're the hulk
>tfw you're just Mr. Furious
>>
>>66797418
>but earlier in the film it was a big deal that he destroyed half the airship he was on and almost murdered ScarJo because he had no self control, and this was never reconciled.
Didn't Loki hit him with some magic shit to make him lose it?
>>
>>66796043
He is upset that he is the most underrated actor in the MCU
>>
File: help me cap.jpg (157 KB, 634x801) Image search: [Google]
help me cap.jpg
157 KB, 634x801
>>66796043
>>66796948
If you saw The Incredible Hulk, with Ed Norton, you see at the end how he learns to control and trigger the transformation at will. Meaning he's always angry but can keep it in check unless some trauma triggers the transformation unwillingly.
>>
but why is he always angry??
>>
>>66798154
it's common with manlets
>>
>>66798154
this

what is he angry at?
>>
If I was Bruce Banner I'd just constantly masturbate in public, or when Shield and the Avengers showed up. I'd tell them it was the only way to keep me from hulking out.

I figure no one would ask for your help after that. Then you just been a gamma powered NEET forever.
>>
>>66796043
By merely existing, he puts the lives of innocent people in danger, so he tried to kill himself.. and failed. So he has to justify his existence by helping as many people as possible, and it never feels like enough. That's why he's always angry. That's why he's able to control when he goes Hulk. He only lost control once in the movie as a result of 1. a sudden, dangerous change in environment 2. when he was already pissed the fuck off about the SHIELD people bringing him into this situation.

This was all made clear by his monologue around the halfway point.
>>
File: This is How Hulk Math works.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1972) Image search: [Google]
This is How Hulk Math works.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1972
>>66798244
>By merely existing, he puts the lives of innocent people in danger
Or does he
>>
>>66798369
That's not the movieverse.
>>
>>66797936
I don't remember that happening.
>>
>>66798369
This sort of bullshit is what makes comics kiddie crap. Nothing has any weight or meaning in these things. "Innocents don't die" "Real heroes don't kill". In light of all the fantastic and supernatural elements present in these stories, THAT is what yanks me out of the immersion. That naive, dumb morality. Comics are at they're best when they blur the line between right and wrong. They are at they're worst when they attempt to portray characters as selfless, tortured souls....with no (or minimal) blood on their hands....Wait why are they tortured?
>"Uh obvioushly itsh becuz their super powers make it so they can never be part of shociety"
No, that's only true for like the 15% of super heroes with some physical deformity.
>>
>>66796043
He hides a constant simmering rage underneath his cool calm exterior.

Pretty cliche hero type. You could apply it to Cap aswell.
>>
>>66796043
He keeps himself constantly on a low level of anger, and ramps it up to Hulk out.

Like he's always running at 5% mad, 20% makes him Hulk out, 50% makes him crazy mad Hulk, and 100% is uncontrollable rage
>>
>>66799812
>cool calm exterior

he honestly always seems like he's about to lose his shit any second
>>
>>66799859
I've always believed a lot more people are internally angry than they'll admit, they just know how to push it aside and act normal.
I don't know why it's thought that you have to be calm and serene in order to have a decent life.
Internalized anger can be directed and used for a whole heap of good stuff, actually doing something tangible to combat injustice, helping the homeless, marching against war etc. Peaceful people are wishy-washy stay at homes who never do anything and hope the world works itself out.
>>
>>66800175
It sounds to be like you're just a SJW and I'm reaching for my pitchfork.
>>
File: sheev 1.jpg (17 KB, 541x559) Image search: [Google]
sheev 1.jpg
17 KB, 541x559
>>66800175
Go to bed Sheev.
>>
Basically he is saying he can turn into the hulk when ever he wants.
>>
File: 1457387161298.jpg (70 KB, 681x382) Image search: [Google]
1457387161298.jpg
70 KB, 681x382
>>66796043
>>
>>66802252
Kek
>>
>>66798154
Well he said he shot himself in the head and didn't die so dealing with unwanted immortality has to mess you up a bit.
>>
>>66796043
It means he has embraced the anger and accepted the Hulk as part of him. Instead of living in constant fear of accidentally releasing the Hulk by getting too angry, he allows himself to be angry and channel it. He can now release the Hulk at will or it will automatically trigger if his life is in danger.
>>
>>66796043
he's explaining why nobody likes him all the time
>>
>>66798154
he's a liberal
>>
why did they make the hulk design worse than 2008 hulk flick? that one was leagues better
>>
>>66796043
what secret cap is he talking about? i don't remember him wearing a hat but i guess that's why it's a secret.
>>
>>66802823
Probably just different artists.
>>
>>66798080
Yeah. When I saw it in the theater I thought it was the most retarded ending; but now if you think about it, it made a lot of sense in setting up the Ruffalo Hulk.
>>
>>66802823
>>66803229
Also there's less priority/budget to put towards Hulk CGI when there's so many other characters in the film.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-03-07-20h30m56s918.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-03-07-20h30m56s918.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>66796043

The key is in the line Scarlett has in the scene where he's introduced. She said it's been a while since he's hulked out, and says "what is it, yoga?", but with the second line he's saying that he uses the meditation technique of identifying your feelings in order to separate yourself from them, so the joke is that it actually kind of is yoga.
>>
>>66800175
I actually agree with you.
The other 2 who replied are just fags
>>
this is a prime example of poor writing, rationalizing which the fandom will take care of for you.
>>
>>66798080
whats the story behind that picture?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.