[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone here an actor? how do you actually go out and just be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: acting-audition.jpg (132 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
acting-audition.jpg
132 KB, 500x372
anyone here an actor?

how do you actually go out and just be an actor? not the acting itself i think thats pretty self explanatory but how do you get in touch with the right people and get to good auditions/casting calls?

theres a lot of pretty bad acting/actors out there and that has to be just their agents knowing someone who knows someone right?
>>
>>66795293
>become jew

there you go, no need to say thanks, go and be a star
>>
>>66795293
I act like my life is worth living every day. does that count?
>>
>>66795371

i was thinking about """""converting""""" if i find any open auditions near me.

anyone have any tips for finding those?
>>
>>66795426
Step 1: Move to LA or NYC
This is how you find auditions near you.
>>
>>66795293
It probably helps if you know the terms, but you can pretty much google casting calls and show up. After a few gigs you start making you a reel.
>>
>be attractive
>be a good actor
>go to LA
>audition over and over until you get roles or die of starvation
>>
I also used this website

http://www.backstage.com/

You will probably have to get used to the fact you will be in things that no one will probably seen. I've been in a few shows that never made it to air.
>>
>>66795470

but i think LA is gross and i dont want to live in NYC

>>66795504

found this website:

www.backstage.com

and it looks pretty promising. i just have no way of knowing which of these are complete shit or anything. do i need to get headshots done or something?
>>
>>66795847
Yes you will need headshots. Also wouldn't hurt to film your self acting a few scenes.
>>
>>66795293
you connect with the acting community by going to workshops, classes, etc. it is about connections make through these kinds of things - contacts that will connect you to good or bad opportunities that mus be learned through experience.
it's like any other profession, really.
>>
>>66795293

Mostly connections. Knowing an actor personally makes it easy to audition.
Most self made actors start at theaters and acting school. You'll have to work your way up and take a lot of refusals before you can even think about starring on the big screen
>>
Be attractive, move to LA, apply to be an extra in stuff. Once you've got some okay credits, start applying for actual roles, and pray to fuck you get lucky.
>>
>>66796107
You don't have to move to LA. Just somewhere that is having a Hollywood boom like GA.
>>
>>66796353
>be attractive (light eyed white helps tremendously)
>move to the closest entertainment production hub
>don't spend money
>audition for anything that pays, especially commercials
>"befriend" directors, if you know what I mean
>>
>>66795573
I'm doing this exactly. I have a feeling I'll make it big by 26 years old.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.