[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a Blockbuster manager anything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: abandoned blockbuster.jpg (56 KB, 634x742) Image search: [Google]
abandoned blockbuster.jpg
56 KB, 634x742
Ask a Blockbuster manager anything.
>>
what went wrong?
>>
>>66795196
cuckbuster
>>
>>66795196
The company did not get with the times and thought streaming services like Netflix were a fad.
>>
>>66795149
Goddamn i miss those places.
>>
are responsible for the pee pee inspection? if not who is?
>>
>>66795149
JUST
>>
>>66795243
Lots of people do, but the Blockbuster I manage (they are still open in my country) is in a terrible state and I am sure it will close before the end of the year.
>>
How can I ask you anything when you don't exist?
>>
Did zed do anything wrong?
>>
Wats a blockbuster?
>>
>>66795304
I do exist. Blockbuster stores still exist just not in America.
>>
>>66795149
Blockbuster or Russian grocery store? You decide.
>>
Why did blockbuster go under when companies like Family Video are still up?
is it because they chain with pizza places?
>>
>no exit
deep
>>
How many cardboard cutouts did you steal?
>>
>>66795240
can you imagine in any way how Blockbuster could have kept making a profit in this day and age?
>>
>>66795351
I've stolen posters, but not cardboard cutouts.

I stole a poster of the movie "Little Miss Sunshine" for my girlfriend at the time.
>>
So are you more like Randall or Dante?
>>
>>66795514
Dante for the most part, but I don't know. Both characters are slackers except Randall is more so.
>>
I had memberships at Major Video, Blockbuster, and Hollywood Video. Used to be nice to rent out games and try them out to see if it was worth the purchase.
>>
>>66795376
By having a broader selection of games and movies than streaming sites and redbox. By having all sorts of food bundles. By having a paid membership service that let you have X amount of rentals out at any given time. By selling everything they rent also at competitive retail prices. Blockbuster was a family experience for alot of people, even younger parents and their kids. They could have easily stayed afloat if they took upcoming threats seriously and adjusted their business model accordingly. The second they started playing catch-up with what they initially considered to be fads, it was all over.
>>
Was Jules right? Was it a miracle?
>>
>>66795376

The late fees certainly didn't help
>>
Man I miss Blockbuster. I remember when I was younger I used to bike down there every day during the summer and rent different movies
>>
>>66795587
My country's only major video rental place was Blockbuster.

I would always rent PS2 games from it and the owner would let me print out cheat codes from the store computer.
>>
>>66795613
I live in a very religious country, so yes. Jules and Vincent not getting shot was a miracle.
>>
>>66795149
have you ever taken a movie home to watch and then just ended up never bothering to bring it back?
>>
>>66795792
Multiple times. The owner of this place stopped caring long ago. And I am 90% they only reason it's still open is for money laundering.
>>
>>66795636
>the owner would let me print out cheat codes from the store computer.

That was really cool of him!
>>
Have you ever gotten types who thought they were movie patricians but turned out to have shit taste?
What's the most obscure thing someone has asked if you have in stock?
What's the best conversation you've had with someone over renting a movie?
>>
>>66795149
the job is obviously a dead-end for you.
what is your escape plan? where do you see yourself in the near future re moving forward.
>>
>>66795948
I know. The old owner was a great man. The new owner not so much.

>>66795980
Considering the place that I live in most people ask for generic action movies, superhero movies, and comedies. So no.

One time an edgy-looking guy asked if we had "A Serbian Film." I legitimately did not know what that was and I assumed he meant a movie from Serbia. I told him no, but later on I found out about A Serbian Film online.

>>66796020
I'm going to school currently to get credentials to be a teacher. Hopefully a year from now I will already have them and get a job working at a school in the nice side of town.
>>
>>66795609
yeah agreed. Sure diversification, adaptation to a new business model and all that. Makes sense. I never understood why they never went for a streaming service, it seemed like the natural evolution really. They could have been Netflix. Then again Broadband was not a thing until later though. Shame really, blockbuster was great back in the day.
>>
Here in Mexico is now called The B Store
>>
>>66795149
R-Randy, is that you?
>>
File: me at work.jpg (64 KB, 720x406) Image search: [Google]
me at work.jpg
64 KB, 720x406
>>66796309
Yes.
>>
What was in the case?
>>
>>66796397
According to the official screenplay, it was diamonds but the case had a lightbulb in it.
>>
>>66795729
not for Vincent though
>>
I'm just barely old enough to remember renting vhs tapes and n64 games from blockbuster, shit was so great
>>
File: 1361142932873.jpg (125 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1361142932873.jpg
125 KB, 600x800
>>66796397
This is the actual case used to shot pulp fiction.
>>
>>66796221
>They could have been Netflix.
They literally could have. They had an option to buy netflix when it was just starting up for a STEAL.

I do miss video stores though. Loitering and browsing the selection, bullshitting with the staff, waiting for a turn at mario 64 at the demo station. Small talk at the redbox doesn't cut it.
>>
Oh man I miss those

We used to go there even up to 2011 because my friend was a moralfag who didnt want to pirate.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.