[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Similar Movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: houseofdaggers1.jpg (41 KB, 480x385) Image search: [Google]
houseofdaggers1.jpg
41 KB, 480x385
I really like the House Of Flying Daggers, The Curse of the golden flower and Hero movies. What are good similar movies, with as good cinematography and style? A woman a gun and a noodleshop was amazing as was the flowers of war.
>>
Check out Ashes of Time.
>>
>>66780192
I will . thanks
>>
13 Assassins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfBmKZVPPHc
>>
>>66778580
A Touch Of Zen
the Masters of Cinema transfer is gorgeous
>>
>>66781100
>>66781136
Ok that fight looks cool. I will check that also . thanks
>>
>>66778580
Just a friendly reminder to watch the Hero with spanish dubs - it suddenly becomes so badass that it makes your chesthair grow.
Also stay away from Curse of the Golden Flower as it is a soulless piece of shit.
>>
>>66781319
Haha seriously? I liked the curse more than the other two . the colors and the cgi at the open areas did something for me.
>>
Uuuh tiger&dragon?
>>
>>66781489
Seen it .
>>
The Assassin?
Came out last year
>>
>>66781100
13 assassins is leagues ahead of the rest from this genre. this movie is so fucking good
>>
File: dont even.jpg (30 KB, 550x330) Image search: [Google]
dont even.jpg
30 KB, 550x330
>>66781933
>13 assassins

>Better than Lone Wolf & Cub
>Better than Lady Snowblood
>Better than Sword of Doom
>13 assassins' is the best Chanbara film
I want you to understand just how sincere I am in telling you - how genuine I am in advising you that you should wholeheartedly kill yourself.

You need to take your own life.
>>
bump just in case
>>
>>66782689

Not even talking about the 1960s version but mikes version....

Also "The Great Killing" was better than 13 Assassins.
>>
File: image.jpg (273 KB, 977x1279) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
273 KB, 977x1279
>>66778580
Crouching Tiger... Hidden Dragon.

https://youtu.be/5Y7EQDNQm5g

I can't find the scene where they crash through the temple wall, or whatever it is.
>>
>>66785239
Not him but now I support you killing yourself
>>
>>66782689
wew lad
>>
>yfw Hero, House of Flying Daggers, and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon are all spaced out by nearly 1000 years

Fuckin' China never changes.
>>
File: savascimusa.jpg (46 KB, 332x440) Image search: [Google]
savascimusa.jpg
46 KB, 332x440
>>
im in a thread where not only are there plebbitors suggesting 13 assassins is good, but also that its got something to do with wuxia. lord have mercy.
>>
Just watch every King Hu movie, the rest is shit
>>
Iron Monkey
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.