[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
<480p
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4
File: film-161952_640.png (70 KB, 640x320) Image search: [Google]
film-161952_640.png
70 KB, 640x320
I have almost 250GB of low-resolution movies (less than 480p) that I don't want to watch again anyway, but specially considering the resolution. Should I delete them?
>>
>>66747491
Delete them and download YIFYs in their place.
>>
>>66747525
>I don't want to watch again anyway
>>
>>66747542

Kekeke

But seriously, OP, what the fuck
>>
>>66747848
?
>>
>>66747491
Anything worse than 10GB 1080p rips is unwatchable, so yes.
>>
>>66747491
ofcourse, why did you have it in the first place. I don't understand why people save movies they torrent (even if its 10-15GB per file) if you have it all stored on the internet, just imagine the whole internet is your cloud. Whatever you save now will have better quality render in the future so no need for that
>>
>>66747911
No, I can watch 720p.
>>
just run them through an enhance/sharpen/scale filter you dumbass
>>
>>66747924
>if you have it all stored on the internet
... until the tracker gets taken down.

You're fucking stupid if you aren't filling up several hard drives with stuff you want to watch in advance. It can all vanish from the internet without warning.
>>
File: lel (17).png (27 KB, 770x225) Image search: [Google]
lel (17).png
27 KB, 770x225
>>66747491
>I don't want to watch again anyway
Choice is already made

Since you made this thread (poorly written), I'm guessing you want to know if you should keep them or delete them for a better format?

Yes. Do it. At the very least 720p. You notice things much better at higher definition, and you see the film in the way the filmmaker intended you to see it. Get a nice 2TB HD and fill it to the brim with higher quality stuff.

Pic related, it's my file server.
>>
>>66747911
>10 gb
>for 1080p
fucking yifi tards I swear
>>
>>66747952
>ENHANCE
>>
>>66747924
My Internet connection wasn't good in the era I downloaded these movies. See this graph I made:
>>
>>66747992
>local disks
>not having a fileserver with backups
>>
>>66748025
You make a lot of a graphs
>>
>>66748072
A) implying it wasn't (actually sort of a hybrid fileserver/ seedbox)
B) It was backed up
>>
>>66747952
Why? They would not improve quality magically!
>>
>>66747973
If the tracker goes down, you can just use the DHT or use another tracker.

By the way, the end of Megaupload gave me motivation to store the movies for some more years.
>>
>>66747992
>poorly written
Can you please show me where I've poorly written?

>delete them for a better format
Nope. I want to delete and not download again:
>>66747542

>You notice things much better at higher definition
I know:
>but specially considering the resolution

>Get a nice 2TB HD and fill it to the brim with higher quality stuff.
I have a 1.5TB external drive and wanted to get free space on it, to get some softwares in the place.

>file server
Why a file server?
>>
>>66748072
Why a file server?
>>
>>66748120
I could not understand... I showed you only one!
>>
Retarded people : The Thread.
>>
>>66748163
How is this seedbox?
>>
Keep shortcuts of all of them and delete the files in case you need remember one. Unless they were imdb-core trash.
>>
>>66748929
Why do you think I'm retarded?
>>
>>66747491
depends on the movie, don't axe them till you get a replacement or decide that you definitely don't care for it

at one time I didn't think I needed to keep a copy of the big lebowski
>>
>>66749048
Why keep nonworking shortcuts?
How can I know if it's "imdb-core trash"?
>>
>>66747911
This. Blu-rays are already ridulously compressed at 25GB or so. To compress them ten times more to a 2.5GB file is even more ridiculous.

But the plebs on /tv/ don't know about compression and how it affects picture, or the joys of hearing an uncompressed DTS 5.1 soundtrack on a calibrated surround system. It's all about resolution to the plebs.
>>
>>66747491
>I have almost 250GB of low-resolution movies (less than 480p) that I don't want to watch again anyway, but specially considering the resolution. Should I delete them?

The saying of Shida Kichinosuke

“When there is a choice of either living or dying, as long as there remains nothing behind
to blemish one’s reputation, it is better to live,” is a paradox. He also said, “When there is a choice of either going or not going, it is better not to go.” A corollary to this would he, “When there is a choice of either eating or not eating, it is better not to eat. When there is a choice of either dying or not dying, it is better to die.”

When there is a choice of either deleting or not deleting, it is better to delete
>>
>>66749144
>or decide that you definitely don't care for it
Like I said:
>>66747542

>big lebowski
What is the problem with this movie?
>>
>>66749181
Easiest way to keep track of what you've downloaded/watched other hoarding that trash forever.
Anything on imdb's top 250 or top 100 lists.
>>
>>66749300
I didn't understand a fuck!
>>
>>66749305
if you're certain you don't want them, why come to ask strangers if you should keep them? you pretty much answered your own question already

I originally didn't really care for it, but tastes change and I get why it's such a cult film
>>
>>66749363
>Easiest way to keep track of what you've downloaded/watched
Why should I keep track?
Anyway, I have the names in a TXT. And if I was really lazy, I could just take a screenshot of the folder!
>>
>>66749305
It is over-rated, and unless you live in the middle of Africa you should be able to download it again in less than a minute
>>
>>66749529
Because I want to be absolutely certain of what to do.
>>
>>66749460

The choices in the quote, as well as the choice OP faces, are choices between attachment and non attachment. OP can delete or keep the movies, to keep them is to choose attachment, to delete them is non attachment. To say "I might want to watch them one day" "I may have some future use for them" is to be attached to them, to be cluttered and weighed down by desire and anticipation of some future outcome. It is better to be resolved to life in the moment, liberating oneself from such attachments will facilitate this.
>>
>>66749692
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSS5dEeMX64
>>
>>66749363
>Anything on imdb's top 250 or top 100 lists.
Should I really check this list? I don't care if a movie is there or not.
>>
>>66749692
>Because I want to be absolutely certain of what to do.

When your mind is going hither and thither, discrimination will never be brought to a conclusion. With an intense, fresh and undelaying spirit, one will make his judgments within the space of seven breaths. It is a matter of being determined.
>>
>>66747491
Redownload them in good quality.
>>
>>66749767
I hate Disney cartoon music. I hate military.
Plus, I watched the video and could not understand the relationship with my message.
>>
>>66747491
>don't want to watch them again
Then delete them dumbass, why do you need to be told that
>>
>>66749733
I, OP, completely agree. That's why I want to delete them. I only want to know if I should do something now, before deleting.
>>
>>66749979
BE A MAN

if you know you want to delete them, then just do it already
>>
>>66749811
It's not that I can't decide with my information.
I want to know if I'm missing information!
>>
>>66749940
No:
>>66747542
>>
>>66750217
What information could possibly be revealed that would make you not want to delete them ? This is a perfect illustration of why attachment is to be avoided. You have been imprisoned by indecision, resulting from your attachment.
>>
>>66750037
See:
>>66749692
>>
make a spreadsheet with titles, resolution, file size, dates, your rating? what other info could possibly be needed?

it'd be a heck of a lot less than 250gb
>>
>>66750455
I don't know, I created this thread exactly to know. If there is something to be known...
>>
>>66750678
I already did this to anime once, wasn't useful. And as I said, I already have this:
>>66749589
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.