[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Takashi Miike's Terra Formars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: 3.png (2 MB, 1255x783) Image search: [Google]
3.png
2 MB, 1255x783
WTF happened to Miike anyway? He used to be literally edgy but now he directed G-rated CGI garbage based on an anime about cute girls fighting giant cockroaches on Mars?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84MS4or_5u0
>>
BIG
>>
BLACK
>>
JOHJ
>>
he has directed 100 movies. you have clearly only seen the 5 edgy ones.
>>
this actually looks super fun
>>
>>66743615

>even in japan they run in a straight line away from crashing ships

hue

also where's the blond american bitch
>>
IIRC, that manga is edgy as fuck.

Prepare for the obvious racism because the roaches are literally niggers.
>>
>>66743909
>Prepare for the obvious racism because the roaches are literally niggers.

The author apparently commented on this and said they're more based on prehistoric cavemen.

also Japan don't give a fuck
>>
File: Sylvester_Asimov.png (681 KB, 1010x1168) Image search: [Google]
Sylvester_Asimov.png
681 KB, 1010x1168
>>66743615
>an anime about cute girls fighting giant cockroaches
Does this look like a cute girl to you? It's a manga about manly men and women fighting roaches.
>>
>>66743615
Looks better than all the judenschwein Marvel dreck Disney has been shitting out ever since they bought them, aside from Guaridans - that is Reddit kino.
Actually keked when the J-pop song started playing.
>>
>>66743962
>they're more based on prehistoric cavemen
Where is the difference then? Oh wait, prehistoric cavemen were intelligent enough to develop basic tools
>>
File: karatebuggirls.jpg (381 KB, 1885x2384) Image search: [Google]
karatebuggirls.jpg
381 KB, 1885x2384
>>66743615

FUCK YEAH BUG GIRLS
>>
>>66744104

thatsthejoke.jpg
>>
Miike directs just about anything, this isn't even the first family movie he's made.
>>
>>66743615
It looks pretty funny,will watch
>>
>terraformars
>g-rated
No, it's edgy as fuck. Or did you miss the chick getting her neck yanked back?
>>
File: 011.jpg (216 KB, 900x740) Image search: [Google]
011.jpg
216 KB, 900x740
>>66743909
>edgy
It would be edgy if it took itself seriously. Pretty hard to do when shit like this happens
>>
he's done tons of anime/manga adaptations,
>>
>>66744467
kek
>>
File: Matthew_Patel_(movie).jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Matthew_Patel_(movie).jpg
8 KB, 200x200
>>66743615
That guy looks like the indian dude from Scott Pilgrim
>>
File: yakuza.webm (800 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
yakuza.webm
800 KB, 720x404
I liked Yakuza Apocalypse. A bit too long and slow in the middle but the action was really fun.
>>
Terra Formars is a poor man's Blue Gender tbqh DESU
>>
So there are only skinny asian manlets in a movie? Where are russian and american teams?
>>
>>66744467
considering its takashi miike thatll prob happen kek
>>
>>66746018
It's a japanese film, they're not going to drag in a bunch of random white people to make a film in japanese.
>>
>>66745979

Blue Gender is just a shit Starship Troopers
>>
>>66743615
Dude, have you actually looked at Miike's filmography?
He's made practically every type of movie one could think of, hyper-violent action, drama, comedy, horror, kid's movies, etc.
And this is not a new development, he's been doing this sort of thing for a long time now. If you think his work is defined entirely by Ichi- The Killer, Audition and Gozu, you have a pretty narrow understanding of his films.

Plus, it's been known that he tends to make this sort of silly blockbuster stuff purely for the paycheck.
>>
>>66743615
Takashi Miike does whatever the fuck he wants, he has horrible movies and GOAT movies
>>
>>66746696
>GOAT movies

no
>>
>>66743615

Terra Formars is Gantz tier edgy.
>>
>>66746806
>Gantz tier edgy.
>implying thats bad
>>
>>66746278
>kid's movies
His kids movies have big boobed robots saying "I'm cumming".
>>
How is Terraformats edgy?
>>
>>66743615
Watched Yakuza Apocalypse with my friends and it was just... garbage.

The plot was horrible to follow.

The only cool part was the frog. That was IT.
>>
I remember skimming through a bit of that cockroach manga, was some fucked up shit for sure. Miike's been in money collector mode for years now, I doubt he actually gives a fuck what he's shitting out as long as he gets paid
>>
>Every actor is Japanese when the Manga had multinational teams

Its going to be shit.
No Russians/Germans/Thai kickboxer
WELP.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.