[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People who liked it >Mike and Jay >Angry Joe >Adam from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9
People who liked it
>Mike and Jay
>Angry Joe
>Adam from YMS
>Jeremy Jahns
>Chris Stuckmann

People who hated it
>Max Landis
>Comic Book Girl 19
>Armond White
>George Lucas
>/tv/

But what's the connection?
>>
>>66736941
TFA was good you faggot.
>>
>>66736941
max landis didnt hate it
>>
People who liked it simply don't understand what made Star Wars great. They are not aware of the basics as to how a storyline progresses or how characters develop. How could anyone be so blind to the damage that's been done and the true visions of Lucas we've been robbed of. Well, plebs are everywhere friend
>>
>>66736941
/tv/ disagrees with cuckolds.
>>
>>66736941
shills?
>>
>>66736941
>Comic Book Girl 19
Just looked her up out of curiosity. I've never wanted to hear someone's opinion less.
>>
>>66737025
George fuck off
>>
People who hated it
>a few obnoxious chucklefucks on /tv/

Fixed it. Sure, it has flaws but what doesn't?
>>
File: 1450868368727.jpg (364 KB, 1232x697) Image search: [Google]
1450868368727.jpg
364 KB, 1232x697
>>66736941
George Lucas and Armond White are heroes and the only ones in that list who matter.

except for /tv/ of course, you matter anon
>>
>>66736941
People who liked TFA
>Normal people
People who didn't like TFA
>People who try to be edgy and dislike anything popular
>A handful of people who genuinely just didn't like it, but know they have an unpopular opinion
>>
>>66737025
You sound like a fag.
>>
>>66737025
This reeks of pretentious hipster garbage.
>>
I didn't hate it but I didn't like it either. It was just a bland, formulaic movie that they designed to pander to all demographics for ticket sales

>Kanjiklub and Asian Rebels for the chink market
>Boyega for the Ooga Boogas
>Rey for the SJWs and feminists
>Whedon humor for the Marvel audience
>forced as fuck callbacks to pander to nostalgia fags
>>
>>66737156
>>66737158
you guys sound like fags that want fags in star wars instead of heroic role models
>>
Did someone say MAX LANDIS?
>>
>liking lowest common denominator tripe

How to spot a redditor 101
>>
>>66736941
hated by faggots? we need a larger sample size to be sure
>>
>>66737255

This list is mostly just you being an embittered angsty fuck.
>>
>>66737153
Some of my family loved it, others hated it.

I liked it, but there were things that pissed me off e.g not using the actors from the raid as sith Warriors or fighters.
>>
>>66737567
That comment is you being an outside redditor who swallows any shit given to him
>>
>>66737395
>"heroic role models"

You have to be over 18 to post.
>>
File: image.png (445 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
image.png
445 KB, 479x720
>>66737255
>>
>>66737395
But the characters in TFA were heroic.

Post your face so we can see what true heroism looks like. :^)
>>
People who enjoyed TFA:
Me
People responsible for the dismemberment of two children:
Max Landis
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 443x332
>>66737636
>>
>>66737255
>muh pandering

Kill yourself.
>>
>>66737255
>pander

If you have to use buzzwords to make your point, you've already lost the argument.
>>
>>66737025
What character developed?

Rey was a master of everything from the beginning. There was literally no character arc for her because she started at the pinnacle
>>
>>66737720
>if you're gifted, there's no where left for you to go

Spoken like a talentless hack.
>>
File: 1439052897730.jpg (40 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
1439052897730.jpg
40 KB, 500x294
>>66737025
Says someone who probably knows nothing about Lucas' original vision for Star Wars. Lucas probably praised his Jewish money god for a decade for giving him an editor and producers that could shut down his shit ideas.
>>
>>66737720
She wants to go back to Jakku because of a delusional hope that her family will come back for her. She can't let go of the past and is wasting her potential future, even though she knows her family has long abandoned her. Only when Finn comes back for her, unlike her family, does she let go of the past.

It's not particularly deep but it's more than what was going on with Luke in ANH. you're just mad the hero of star wars is a girl lmao
>>
>>66737692
That's his dad who killed the two children you underaged faggot
>>
>>66737720
My point is that the storyline from the original star wars was basically abandoned and replaced with sloppy fanfiction that couldn't bother to make an appropriate or respectable transition between episodes
>>
File: Jesus Wept.jpg (69 KB, 461x336) Image search: [Google]
Jesus Wept.jpg
69 KB, 461x336
>>66737153
>Anyone who didn't like it are edgy teenagers that hate everything that's popular
>>
File: lol.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>66738027
>Luke is the son of The Chosen One
>Literally progresses as a hero between the span of 3 movies from a moisture farmer to a Jedi Master.
>Rey's origins = Unknown
>OP from the start and is able to wreck Kylo Ren, a Dark Jedi trained by Luke and then Snoke.
>All in a course of 2 hours
>Implying anyone here is mad that she's a girl

There's literally nothing else to her or Finn other than he's the comic relief stormtrooper who defected.

Literally only "interesting" character at this point is Poe and still Luke.
>>
>>66738481
>>OP from the start and is able to wreck Kylo Ren, a Dark Jedi trained by Luke and then Snoke.

Ren was untrained by snoke. Probably because Snoke realized Ren was an angsty SAO fan filled with "edge" and just as likely to stab Snoke in the back as kill Han. It wasn't till Ren finally kills Han and the "conflict" inside him that he starts to train him (end of movie)

As for Rey, she lost over and over to him. Finn lost over and over to him. The only reason Rey didn't get cut into little pieces in the fight with Ren at the end was because he was critically wounded by the shot from Chewie.

Of course you'll ignore everything i just wasted my time writing because you have a fedora to tip, and some coffee to drink while you cum over an asuna x kirito vanilla love doujinshi.
>>
>>66737255
Ooga Boogas. Top kek
>>
>>66736941
is the dvd out yet? i'd really like to see it.
>>
>>66736941
>People who hated it
>/tv/
Why do people always try and speak for the whole board?
TFA was a 7/10 movie. It was fine, but not great. I certainly didn't hate it.
>>
>>66739619
April 5th. Usually rips show up a few weeks earlier but disney may be keeping it under lock and key
>>
>>66738027
That's all well and good, but the issue is that her delusions are less a source of relevant psychological conflict and more a mere hindrance. It's not a bad idea--it works on a level similar to Luke's humble beginnings--but its execution feels like a rote gesture just to get some cogs moving in the Star Wars Story Machine.

It just isn't emphasized enough to make up for the total lack of tension in the rest of the movie. There's no sense of inter-character tension because Han and Chewbacca like her almost immediately and Finn wants to fuck her, and there's not much in the way of more external tension because of how conveniently Rey undoes her every problem in the movie. The fact the overall plot and structure of everything so thoroughly calls back to the original Star Wars (to the point of somewhat cloying self-awareness) doesn't help keep things engaging either. This makes Rey's journey feel even less like an organic part of the Star Wars universe and more like a guided tour.
>>
File: 1452127836335.png (325 KB, 720x294) Image search: [Google]
1452127836335.png
325 KB, 720x294
No matter how many contrarians try to convince themselves it sucked, I think we can all agree that Kylo Ren was by far the best thing about the movie, right?
>>
>>66739817
He was my favorite part. I didn't like the movie all that much but I thoroughly enjoyed Kylo Ren and Driver.
>>
>>66738027
>you're just mad the hero of star wars is a girl lmao
Thanks, now I know who is behind this post.
>>
File: 1425407906471s.jpg (2 KB, 125x115) Image search: [Google]
1425407906471s.jpg
2 KB, 125x115
>>66739076
>Kylo was never trained by Snoke
That's why at the end Snoke says to complete Kylo's training. Yeah okay.
>But but muh bowcaster blast!
Yeah okay so because he was shot it gave them an excuse to make Rey OP? You completely tried to justify yourself why Rey is OP
>implying I watch any form of anime
>Implying I even know who any of those characters and understand what those terms mean

I think we both know who the real Autist here is
>>
>>66739817
Hell yeah nigga, great villain.
>>
>>66740466
You're comparing Kylo Ren to Darth Vader, when the entire point is that he's NOT Darth vader. He's a pale imitator who's in over his head. He's not supposed to be the big badass villain. He's a scared kid pretending he's Vader.

Rey defeating him is going to cause him to go all-in on the dark side instead of being conflicted. His arc will be a dark reflection of the hero's journey to mirror Rey's
>>
>>66740466

>takes a blaster bolt to stomach
>bleeding
>hasn't faced a Jedi for a very long time, and most of them were rookies.
>was trying to bring Rey to Snoke
>Got slashed by Finn prior to fight with Rey
>Rey gave herself into the force, which can result in feats of bad assery, e.g within the novelisation of ROTS, obi wan gave into the force to deflect and counter all of Greivous's attacks with minimal effort.

M8, it was an unfair fight. But Rey is a convenience sponge at this point.
>>
>>66740562
>Hasn't faced another jedi

This is something I completely overlooked.
Definitely taking this fact into consideration, I never thought about this one.
>>
>>66739817
Meh, I don't care for him. Frankly I'm tired of Loki tier villains.
>>
I've not met any person that hated it that was being at all reasonable.

I know it's part of Star Wars culture to be slightly autistic and retarded about stuff, and to build your expectations for a new film to such heights that not even Santa Clause himself could deliver the goods, but try living in fucking reality for a little while.

It was a nostalgia cash crab made by some mildly talented people using a cast of washed up actors. Given that it was very solid film. Better than the prequels and not quite a good as the original two which are overrated to hell anyway.

You could have written this review before you saw the film.
>>
>>66740624

No worries m8.
>>
>>66736941
The people who liked it where okay with the canon getting shit on or hadn't seen any Star Wars movie before.
>>
>>66740833
We're talking about TFA, not the prequels.
>>
>>66740562
>>66740624

The fuck are you guys on. He literally murdered Luke's entire Jedi Academy (with help of course), meaning he fought JEDI
>>
>>66740903
>hasn't faced a Jedi for a very long time, and most of them were rookies.

Do you even read the posts you quote?

Or do you just defecate all over your fucking keyboard you retarded mongoloid?
>>
>>66740903
Do we even know how many jedi Luke was training? For all we know he killed like 2 other apprentices lmao,
>>
>>66740833

>le canon

Pleb
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.