[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about the current Star Wars Extended Canon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: AhsokaTCW.png (554 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
AhsokaTCW.png
554 KB, 540x720
How do you feel about the current Star Wars Extended Canon?

What would you change?
What would you remove?
What would you add?
>>
A mature video game would be cool. At least one, Disney. Do something for your adult fans.
>>
>>66735442
I hate people like you.
>muh show needs to grow up because I grew up, forget the kids who's now just starting to get into the series
>>
I unironically liked most of the New Jedi Order series, and I would have liked to see it adapted in some form. The Jedi Academy books could have made a solid kids' show if you cut out some of the dumber stuff (like the "Sun Crusher"). And although Legacy of the Force was a trainwreck, it had some elements that I wouldn't have minded seeing in Episodes 7, 8, and 9.
>>
>>66735472
I just want one mature thing. Is that really asking for too much?
>>
>>66735505

You got KOTOR, KOTOR II, and Republic Commando, isn't that close enough?
>>
>>66735472
wow

you are a colossal faggot
>>
>>66735531
What's your deal?
>>
File: 1442341143295.jpg (353 KB, 930x1395) Image search: [Google]
1442341143295.jpg
353 KB, 930x1395
>>66735442
I saved this from an old thread on /v/

Take Force Unleashed as a base but remove the entire plot.

Replace the main character with Darth Vader.

Replace the physics engine with whatever Metal Gear Rising uses.

Darth Vader can use his lightsaber to cut just about anything. Completely destructible environments.

Make every enemy a one hit kill, but have hundreds of enemies storming you at once. (think Dynasty Warriors).

Make the game very cinematic but make up for it with genuinely fun gameplay segments. Also very linear. I know everyone loves the idea of an open star wars game, but I think that wouldn't suit a vader game very well.

The entire thing should be one big powertrip that makes Vader seem like some sort of fucking invincible god. Include abilities like being able to pull tie fighters out of the air as they fly over you, and even tear people in half using the force.

This is where I'm going to lose a few people, but have it take place some time around the Darth Vader ongoing comic series. The characters in that should appear and play a major role in the plot.

M rated. However, only include gore when using the force to do things like tear people in half or crush them. Keep it consistent with the current explanation that "light sabers dont make people bleed because it immediately burns the wound".
>>
>>66735582

I'm not the guy who made this post. >>66735472 I don't know what his problem is.

I'm the guy who made this post:
>>66735503
So I guess my deal is that I like really terrible books and think that they could be adapted into good shows/movies with some heavy editing.
>>
Star Wars is for children. All of them are rated PG
>>
>>66735593
Awful Idea. Literally anime levels of faggotry but with a star wars skin. I'd rather just an entirely new Jedi Knight game. Less chances to fuck up.
>>
Get rid of that one comic where Vader and Luke fight. It completely ruins the significance of Vader and Luke's lightsaber duel on Bespin.
>>
>>66735807
As much as I am currently enjoying the comics, holy FUCK they need to slow it the hell down.

Every other page is "LOOK AT THIS HUGE UNIVERSE-SHATTERING MOMENT THAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT!". It drives me fucking crazy.
>>
>>66735472
I agree with this post. Any adult who takes the star wars universe seriously and as anything other than for kids is retarded.
>>
>>66735593
I just want a post-RotJ ARPG sandbox.

>factions
>new jedi order
>empire remnants
>some crime boss who takes Jabba's place as top dawg
>dual wielding weapons (I want to hold a pistol in left hand and lightsaber/vibrosword in the right
>a DA:O-esque character creator (origins)

Fuck I know it won't happen but I want it.
>>
>>66735472
Thank you based anon
>>
>>66735940
Yeah that'd be great, maybe have your character play a bounty hunter with different endings depending on if you want to take on missions for the New Republic, the Imperial Remnant, First Order, or a crime boss.

With different endings depending on what path you take.

>Imperial Remnant
You help establish a new Empire with a non-force using Moff as the Emperor. More tolerant of innovation than the old empire was. Ends with you being a hero of the New Empire.
>First Order
Help Snoke overthrow the Imperial Remnant and New Republic and place a Sith at the head of the Empire again. Maybe ends with you as a Imperial general.
>New Republic
Eliminate the First Order and maybe the Imperial Remnant too. Become a Republic hero.
>Crime route
Become the head of a crime family, wealth, xeno sex slaves, a palace. Get rich arming the conflict between the Repbulic and Empire.
>>
>>66736081
Imperial Remnant=First Order but yeah.
>>
>>66735940
>>some crime boss who takes Jabba's place as top dawg

I would agree with this if it wasn't already established that after esb, tatooine turns into a lawless wild west type place.
>>
>>66735663
Jaws is rated PG. You think kids enjoy that one?
>>
>>66736150
I mean after rotj
>>
>>66736125
I'm pretty sure it's stated that like the Resistance the First Order is independent of the Imperial Remnant at least officially.

It's like Iran funding Hezbollah to attack Israel. It's a way for the Imperial Remnant to claim they're keeping the peace treaty the New Republic made them sign while still attacking their planets by funding the First Order.
>>
>>66736081
No absolute eliminations though. I'd want every ending to be loosely canon.

>>66736150
>esb
Also, it'd be after the wild west state. Someone has to fill that power vacuum eventually.
>>
>>66735593

I would actually play the shit out of this.
>>
>>66736185
The First Order doesn't exist yet in the time period I'm talking about. It would be the eerly stages and you'd witness how it gets its start.
>>
>>66735378
I read that as "How do you feel about using Star Wars Extended Condoms."
>>
>watching rebels
>everything hera does is wrong
>terrible pilot, terrible leader
>literally no idea how or why people listen to her
>japanese rebel leader guy says she's the best pilot in the fleet

what the fuck is going on here? Are the writers so disconnected with what they are writing that they believe she's actually good?

I hope vader kills them all.
>>
Make the original clone wars cartoon canon again, that was the shit
>>
>>66736270
>eraly
>>66736304
>eerly

3rd times a charm maybe?
>>
File: 1433358998612.jpg (347 KB, 734x819) Image search: [Google]
1433358998612.jpg
347 KB, 734x819
>>66736460
Oh fuck
>>
>>66736365
Thats what I meant to post. Damn autocorrect changes everything
>>
>>66736439
Everyone was unrealistically overpowered. kinda bothered me
>>
File: Lord_Nyax.jpg (178 KB, 483x516) Image search: [Google]
Lord_Nyax.jpg
178 KB, 483x516
>>66735378
The old EU had pic related and Triclops: son of the emperor. The new EU doesn't.
>>
Remove Rebels from cannon.
Bring back Clone Wars show.
Remove Comics taking place during The Original Trilogy.
Remove Episode 7. (I am aware it's not Extended)
There, you're done. Nice and clean.
>>
End Rebels with Season 3, usher in something better
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.