[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm noticing a lot of Hannibal Burress stand up on Netflix.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: play_g_buress_sy_576.jpg (46 KB, 576x324) Image search: [Google]
play_g_buress_sy_576.jpg
46 KB, 576x324
I'm noticing a lot of Hannibal Burress stand up on Netflix. I've never heard of him so i decide to watch some of his stand up. I didn't really enjoy His set. I decide to check out all of his stuff on and im not a fan of his act. I also notice he has a commercial about thi credit card app where he goes into a deli etc etc. I cant figure it out. Hes not funny.

Could someone link me to some funny comedy hes done? Maybe im not getting his best shows.
>>
The Eric Andre Show
>>
File: 1435247712792.jpg (45 KB, 494x468) Image search: [Google]
1435247712792.jpg
45 KB, 494x468
Watch The Eric Andre Show.
>>
>>66728835
he's not funny
>>
Larry the cable guy is worth like 50 million dollars and he used to be everywhere. your opinion doesn't matter when everyone else likes a person
>>
>>66728852
Ill check it out. He has five different specials on Netflix so he has to have done some good stuff.
>>
>>66728835
>I've never heard of him
You just need to snail down, OP.
>>
>>66728835
It's okay to not like a comedian, anon. You don't have to like everything that is semi popular.
>>
Hannibal is the equivalent of a one hit wonder song but in comedy

He happened to get extremely lucky with one routine at a very specific time in the world that made people jump on making deals with him but he's mediocre/bad at stand up

He is great on the Eric Andre show but that has very little to do with his stand up and talent
>>
>>66728949
snail down>
>>
File: hanirburgers.png (249 KB, 560x315) Image search: [Google]
hanirburgers.png
249 KB, 560x315
>>66728936
A big part of Hannibal's appeal is his demeanor, he does both relaxed and excited/aggravated really well. Definitely check him out in the Eric Andre Show, he's an amazing straight man.

I like this routine. The animation I can take or leave, just leave it on in another tab: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vDx4EryYz0
>>
Yeah he is pretty shit. There was a 5 min joke aboutba printer in his Netflix special. So bad I had to turn it off
>>
Hanibal burress:animal furnace is the only one you really need to see
>>
File: Capture.png (754 KB, 894x474) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
754 KB, 894x474
>>66728884
OK OK im starting to get it now.
>>
>>66729102
thanks for the info
>>
You don't like him. That's all. Why don't you just move on?
>>
You know how some people look weird without their glasses on? He's like that times 10.
>>
>>66729232
I wanted to see what other people thought. I also wanted to understand why im not laughing at his routine when the audience at his stand up gigs didn't stop laughing.

Doesnt it make anyone else curious when they see something everyone else likes but you? Doesnt it make you wonder why?
>>
Who killed Hannibal?
>>
>>66729008

The fuck are you talking about?
He's been a writer on SNL for YEARS.
>>
>do I look like I have the optimism of a 20 year old?

That got me because I can relate to it.
>>
>>66728835
This is OP

I didn't mean i didn't like him. I'm just not getting his act.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3O0XEdj4t8
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPhrSkhhxo4
>>
>>66729612
OP here

I now recognize the skills..
>>
>>66729656
OP here

ROFL!!!
>>
He's also pretty funny on broad city
>>
>>66729448
You can be a great comedic writer, but a poor comedian. See: Most female comedians.
>>
He's really good on the eric andre show, that's about it
>>
>>66729448
Lmao
I remember reading an interview where he said from his entire time writing with SNL they only ever did one of his skits
Dude's just not good
>>
>>66729984
And since when not having your skits picked by SNL a bad thing?
>>
>>66729984
>he's not that good because I say so
So if I said he's the greatest comedian ever would that negate what you said? Stop being dumb, different people find different things funny.
>>
>>66730028

considering most SNL skits are shit and they know it, it must be pretty bad for them to pass on it.
>>
>>66729984
Larry David couldn't get anything on the air when he wrote for them either.
>>
>>66730195
but when Larry David was on the other week he single-handedly carried the entire show
>>
>>66728835
He's not funny and he's only getting things done still because of his part in bringing the Cosby rape stuff to light.

That's literally it. He's a hack who had to destroy a stand-up black icon in order to get a career.
>>
>>66729375
don't know much about him, but having been to mid-tier stand up in the past, there's this sort of social lubricant to laughing
maybe it's being in a group who's also laughing, or the expectation that you're going to laugh, not quite sure
>>
>>66728835

he's pretty funny on broad city

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saac54ACB9M
>>
File: 1444027468443.png (142 KB, 289x300) Image search: [Google]
1444027468443.png
142 KB, 289x300
>>66732656
It's broad city tho...
>>
>>66731185

lol hannibal had a career before he made that joke
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.