[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
House of cards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 4
File: HOC.jpg (5 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
HOC.jpg
5 KB, 300x168
Anyone else watching season 4 here? I'm on episode 3 but I think I want to drop it anyone else feel the same way?
>>
Watched the whole season. This show is now dead. It looks like Netflix hasnt found any new IP to take over after HoC ends and they are going to water the fucker down as much as it can. The continuation from last season this season is an absolute shitshow and it has quickly gone from a kinda realistic picture of modern day politics game to a big bang theory style show for normies. The plots are easy and the absolutely shameless propaganda pieces are disgusting. It's like they are trying to do a new scenario per season (this season we are election Frank, last season we saw election Frank, next season we see war time Frank) I have honestly lost all faith in the show and the fact that the Hammerschmidt story arc goes for the entire fucking season and does not pay off shows just how much they have in the tank for next season.
Lucas going postal let's face it makes no sense. They just fucking showed that shit in and they didn't even bother go any deeper than that. It was just assumed that it's completely normal for him to do this legitimizing in the viewers eye IRL 'active shooter' "incidents" it was extremely cringeworthy.
TL;Dr the show is co-opted and now written exclusively for normies with MSM propaganda embedded even though they their whole selling point was "we are not in the system"
Fuck this show and fuck Netflix.
>>
>mfw Republican candidate is a composite mainly based on God emperor trump
>mfw cuck propaganda
>mfw we can't afford new characters
>mfw Democratic primary bypassed with literally LITERALLY no real primary system
>mfw Frank runs unopposed at least twice for fucking president and no one bats an eye
>mfw husband-wife ticket is fucking barely questioned.
>mfw Tom 'your words have no rhythm' Yates

If they had done the election itself this season maybe I won't be that upset. What's more interesting is that now "smart writing" clearly means writing that predicts the future. One thing the show postulated was '73 style oil crisis but IRL oil has never been cheaper so it will be interesting to see if any of the other predictions the show made pan out.
>>
File: 1450092491958.gif (373 KB, 333x252) Image search: [Google]
1450092491958.gif
373 KB, 333x252
>>66724752
I quit after season two was disappointing.

>I'm better than you
>>
it was a lot better than season 3
>>
what the fuck happened at the end? do they not give a fuck anymore and are trying to fuck over the country or what?
>>
>>66725520
>>I'm better than you
At this point that was the smart option.
>>
Am I crazy or is the sound mixing really bad this season? I can't get over it. Background sounds like the televisions or cars driving by are louder relative to the foreground conversations. There have been times its hard to hear because of background chatter. Someone please tell me they noticed this too?
>>
>>66725585
Well nothing really happens. The show ends a few weeks before the general election and the Hammerschmidt article is out. You have to watch the next season to find out what actually happens.
>>
>oh oh we can't afford Freddie anymore better have him chimp out
>>
>>66725645
im talking about the conversation with claire at the end. they say they're done trying to win over the people it's time to start war. so i was wondering if because they have nothing left to lose with the scandals and they very likely will not win the election, it sounded like they could be intentionally trying to ruin the country or something
>>
>Doug is doing the whole I killed a man and now in some crazy TCO system I am going to date,fuck and marry the widow.
What's next, he will Photoshop his face over the dead guys in all the family photos?
>>
>>66725032
>kinda realistic picture of modern day politics game

Lmfao your life if you thought the politicing on House of Cards was ever a "kinda realistic picture" of modern day politics
>>
>>66725852
They are doing the wag the dog strategy. Instead of albania its some middle East poophole and instead of fake it's real
>>
>>66725893
weird how they decide to give him a conscience now. long after he's ruined countless lives and even murdered an innocent
>>
>>66725893
He'll grab Molly Parker's character and go corpse pegging
>>
>>66725914
S1 was pretty accurate. The only thing inaccurate is Frank and all his shit.
>>
What they did with Dunbar was such a cheap cop-out.
>>
only good scenes are the ones with Petrov
>>
>>66724752
This season was amazing.
>>
>>66725981
Sure it was, sure. Real life politics is exactly like a poorly written aping if Shapeskeares Richard III
>>
>>66725927
Also known as bush Jr. Strategy
>>66725985
The show was supposed to end this season will Claire killing Frank in the hospital because the Russo murder and the Barnes murder and all the skeletons in the closet were coming out. Now they changed it to just the impeachment and some other minor shit. Even Hammerschmidt himself said he doesn't think Frank is a murdered which means that's gone for good now and they will likely never be brought to justice over it. That's why Dunbar had to go. Wonder if she will get the supreme Court confirmation but unlikely now I bet.
>>
>>66726051
I think it was. It was a rather uncompromising image complete with hookers and blow, inappropriate relationships, power structures and lobbyists, they even had a conspiracy nut to give the fringe elements a voice.
>>
>its a claire begs her mommy for money episode
>>
>>66726173
House of Cards has always been low brow shit for the MSM crowd who likes to think they are in the know because they saw some tv show. Like this one. It's GoT tier drivel at best, pure pandering wankery at worst.
>>
On episode 2. Frank is a fucking savage. That star of union address got damn
>>
>>66724752
Frank gets shot.
>>
>>66726259
Yeah but S1 seemed so much brighter and better by comparison like it was a completely different show.
>>
Do the normies really like Frank? I think I feel like David Chase being buttmad about everyone loved Tony even though be was a psychopath. A-are these patrician feels /tv/?
>>
i watched it all and liked it. one thing i didnt like is all that symbolism this season.
>>
>>66726401
Same also didn't like how the Underwood's seem too much like Clinton's
>>
>>66726453
Spacey is buddies with them I read somewhere
>>
>>66726401
>le drinking blood
>>
I decided to drop the show. It's gone from a decent 'rouge politician' show to plotception and relationship drama. The downfall this season was unbearable. The running-mate shitfest, first lady negotiating deals with terrorists and heads of state etc. The list goes on and on and on.
>>
>>66726383
I'm well aware Frank is a scumbag with zero capacity for empathy, but i enjoy watching him nonetheless. But yeah, i see where you're coming from.
>>
>>66726383
Frank is way more self-aware than Tony

He knows he's a monster he just doesn't care. Ton fretted over whether or not he was a toxic influence for quite a while
>>
>>66726540
It seems he is.http://www.abc.net.au/tv/enoughrope/transcripts/s1679270.htm
>>
>>66726101
>The show was supposed to end this season with Claire killing Frank in the hospital because the Russo murder and the Barnes murder and all the skeletons in the closet were coming out. Now they changed it to just the impeachment and some other minor shit.

I feel like the creators (either because they want to keep working on the show or at Netflix's insistence, not sure which) want to extend the show beyond what I thought could beyond a natural conclusion
>>
File: RickandMorty.png (358 KB, 653x362) Image search: [Google]
RickandMorty.png
358 KB, 653x362
>>66726593
What's your season rankings?
Season 1 is still the best but I dont see why you would quit at season 4 when you've endured 2 and 3.
Just finished episode 11 Season 4 which is probably one of the worst episdoe out of the whole show because it was all relationship dramas.
I dont like the whole my wifes boyfriend thing about 8 episodes ago he was fantasising about stabbing his wife and now he's in a threeway .
>>
>>66726953
S1 7/10
S2 5/10
S3 6/10 (Mikkelsen saved this season)
S4 2/10
>>
>>66726794
Yeah duh. Maybe spacey will also run a 'Masterclass' on how to shill for the establishment and be a sell out.
>>
>>66726953
I endured 2 and 3 because the political parts were pretty decent and the drama shit wasn't that bad except Claire pressuring Frank into the UN thing. The end of 3 was horrible.

4 was just horrible in any possible way.
>>
1>2>4>3
>>
>>66725625
There was a scene, I forget the episode, but Frank and Claire are setting their glasses down on their nightstands and it makes the most hideous public domain noise. It broke the immersion for me and I'm not even autistic like that.
>>
Dropped this garbage after season 2. Is it true that this season the first lady is actually running as veep on her husbands ticket? Lmfao someone tell me thats not true. This show is a joke.
>>
>>66724752
seen 3 episodes so far, maybe four. Its so boring and uninteresting to me, that I dont even know. I just put it on when I eat alone and have nothing else to do. Season 1 was good, season 2 was eh, season 3 sucked I dont even remember it. Show has gone way downhill, every character is a strong independent women. The men in the show are all spineless beta cucks or a psychopath school shooter type. Im surprised that there isnt a transgender character, but there probably is in the later episodes.

tl dr: > HoC is a fantasy world where women are actually useful in society EXCEPT FOR RAISING A FAMILY THAT IS SEXIST
>muh black congresswoman and daughter
>muh campaign managers are all women
>muh wife is trying to fuck with my election and I dont beat the shit out of her or even yell at her
>muh jackie and remy interracial BBC
>muh black people still be gettin shot and beaten and dat races
>muh lets even put in a black women as a secret service agent that is believable
>>
>>66727615
It's true it's all fucking true.

He gets all the delegates to vote for her because she did a good job while Frank was out of commission.
>>
>>66727046
>>66727145
Since HoC is so shit now apparently what should I be watching?
>>
>>66727839
Billions
>>
>>66727839

People vs O.J., Vinyl, Better Call Saul. Also the Americans starts up in less than 2 weeks.
>>
>>66727639
go back to /pol/ pls
>>
>>66727839
FX has a show about OJ Simpson currently running. It's pretty good.
>>
>>66727639
House of Cucks. Season 4 now available on netflix
>>
>>66727639
I don't know if we're thinking of the same Secret Service agent, but there's a black woman whose hair is dyed half blonde and my immediate thought was "they would never ever allow a haircut like that".
>>
>>66726310
>brighter and better
no

But it does seem a different show
>>
>>66728232
The production has always scrimped out on the secret service agents and other extras. I remember even in S1 the VP then, Matthews shows up with the limo and detail to support Russo and the secret service agents were literally the nearest gym Guido's available shoved into a black suit
>>
>>66727046
S1 7/10
S2 8,5/10
S3 6/10
S4 8/10

>>66727615
>drooped on the Sequel

>>66727971
kek

>>66728126
one of the few faults in season 4 tbqh
>>
/tv/ is just so predictable. i can't wait to see more of these contrarians come out of the woodwork to explain how S4 was worse than the absolute shitshow that was S3.

go ahead, explain. and do better than when you were trying to convince people that the prequels were the best star wars movies, please. this should be good.
>>
>>66724752
>young white male muslim terrorists
stupidest idea ever
>>
File: mp-103b.png (563 KB, 1284x856) Image search: [Google]
mp-103b.png
563 KB, 1284x856
>>66724752
I stopped watching after the end of season 2. Decent show, but I grew tired of it.

Looking forward to Marco Polo! Got a thing for Asian chicks.
>>
>>66728037
or how about stop pushing this jew bullshit in tv shows and make them at least half realistic, you don't have to be /pol/ to understand this
>>
>>66728627
One of them is ginger so its realistic.
>>
>faggots claiming House of Cards is not realistic

It was really realistic in S1, aside from Underwood being so fucking good.

t. lobbyist
>>
>>66725385
>mfw Republican candidate is a composite mainly based on God emperor trump
More like a rehash of Giuliani.
>mfw cuck propaganda
lol memes
>mfw we can't afford new characters
Known actors or what? Because they brought in three new important characters for this season.
>mfw Democratic primary bypassed with literally LITERALLY no real primary system
Yeah, because the only challenge Frank had dropped out. No need for a primary race if there's only one guy standing. That was why Durant threatening to run for President was such a big deal.
>mfw Frank runs unopposed at least twice for fucking president and no one bats an eye
Did you miss the whole last season with Dunbar?
>mfw husband-wife ticket is fucking barely questioned.
Are you kidding? several members of Frank's team shit all over the idea. They had to rig a convention to turn support in favor of the plan.
>mfw Tom 'your words have no rhythm' Yates
Yeah fuck that dude.
>>
>>66726002
i agree with you for season 3, but the only thing petrov did this season was act like a baby and get smacked around by claire, so I don't see what you're getting at.

pretty disappointing showing from him tbqh, he was a boss last season.
>>
RIP Meechum.
>>
>>66725585
basically, yes

they're trying to make everyone shit themselves so they aren't reading the hammerschmidt article

>>66725032
the series is about as complex as it was in season one

season one was always 'we want someone to do x, we make them do x', with sudden events and ballsy outside the box thinking, that's literally what they've been doing this season but they're having to get more and more extravagant to keep spinning the lies
>>
>>66729068
No it's not as complex. The whole thing is predictable. In S1 after Frank got fucked over, they had the whole staying up all night to be devious and shit and the viewer would watch it unfurl and Frank would soliloquy some exposition and the viewer would figure out the rest. The hustling Frank did in S1 is masterful IMO. And I didn't see it coming at all. This is no longer the same. The new types of practicing together the night before scenes ruins this. It was the cornerstone of the format of the show and they messed with it. I didn't count it but in sure the number of soliloquy's this season is lower than previous because of this. The sudden events happening are now being used to create 'instant' drama.
It's like the show pulls a thread for an episode. People go crazy but at the end of the episode fucking nothing changes. Frank gets shot > hospital bullshit > Doug strong arms health secretary > Frank survives ( big surprise) > handjob habdjob handjob muh gun laws. It's all simple and shit.
Oh Dunbar suspended her campaign so we can pull the thread for some instant drama for the Hammerschmidt article but most likely nothing will fucking happen unless of course we need some instant drama she can resume the campaign and on we go again.
Fucking Raymond tusk is back, Remy starts working again. The characters they are not moving forward. In S3 remy said he would quit. In most shows that means in S4 Remy would be out the show or in the show doing some other bullshit.
Seth is traitor ( the Cardinal sin for these fucks) and Doug 'find out' but he's still here in the show? Why? 'You need me'
The whole thing is stagnating and substituting 'complex' for doing the thing that will confuse and amaze the most people.
Any fool knows that the politics scene is brutal and if Seth starts being a problem, his willing replacement will happily stab him in the back if necessary.
>>
>>66729653
TL;Dr it's not complexity, the show is keeping a lot of options open which overwhelms the viewer. They can't figure out which thread leads to the next thing and which doesn't. In my book, this isn't complexity.
>>
>>66728664
interracial couples are unrealistic?
>>
>>66729653
>Raymond tusk is back

I have no problem with this, every show needs Gerald Macraney
>>
In the first couple s4 episodes I thought Frank was going to have Doug kill Claire. It ties in the whole bullshit we had to watch in s3 with doug's emotions (bleh). It'd also win over a lot of sympathy if it could be spun in Frank's favor. Actually, the lines I was connecting in my head were a lot better than what actually happened. I couldn't really get interested this season. I guess that's what happens when people want more of a good thing and they have to bullshit as they go.
>>
>>66729780
It's important to remember impotent /pol9k/ cucks very rarely interact in normal society
>>
>>66724752
Dude fuck my wife lmao
>>
>>66725385
The republican candidate was was literally the physical embodiment of Chad thundercock
>>
>>66727839
rewatch the sopranos
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.