[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This might just be the best movie ever made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: BladeRunner-Pôster.jpg (76 KB, 324x488) Image search: [Google]
BladeRunner-Pôster.jpg
76 KB, 324x488
This might just be the best movie ever made
>>
Its my 2nd favorite of all time, second only to 2001
>>
>>66724414
it is my favorite movie but it has flaws.
>pacing is shit
>tension scenes are not done well
>implying deckard is replicant destroys whole idea
>implying deckard and rachael are adam and eve of replicant race is nice religious symbolism but doesn't work with the idea
>>
Am I the only one that wanted to fuck Sean Young after watching Blade Runner? Then I watched Ace Ventura and read more about her and I changed my mind.
>>
>>66724414
Probably not, but it's a good movie.
>>
really fucking awesome special effects but a lot of shit about it i really don't like
>>
>>66724575
The pacing is perfect, gives the film a dreamlike vibe that hypnotizes me. It's a sublime experience, with the amazing soundtrack and beautiful visuals.

If they tightened the pacing it would have a horrible effect on the film. IMO it's perfect the way it is
>>
>>66724414
Which cut did you watch?
>>
Am I the only one on here who doesn't like it?
>super boring
>story doesn't make sense
>Harrison ford literally raped that replicant
>the new cop doesn't kill the girl
>the replicant doesn't kill ford
>no niggers to hate on in this movie, only Asian
>anticlimactic fight scenes
>replicants are supposed to be supreme beings yet not a single one was able to kill ford
I don't get why tv likes this movie. It makes me question your judgement.
>>
>>66725261
Hello read it
>>
>>66724414
Couldn't watch it desu, I read the book first and I just couldn't adjust to the differences.
>>
File: interdasting.png (440 KB, 454x389) Image search: [Google]
interdasting.png
440 KB, 454x389
>>66725261
I don't care about the rest of your points but why DID Deckard force Rachel in that scene?

it always feels out of place when I watch it but maybe I'm just missing the significance of the scene.
>>
>>66725349
>derrit:hte moccet swap out the first word with the middle word for all you autists
>>
Not the best but it's my favorite. Decently hyped for the sequel
>>
>>66725419
Because "she wanted it" that's why he made her say to do things to him
>>
>>66724575
>pacing was bad
But was that only due to the fact that the plot follows multiple characters and switches between them periodically? I found each character's arc to have good pacing individually
>>
Didn't really feel emotion when watching it.
>>
>>66724575
Nothing wrong with the pacing. I prefer how movies moved back then, now everything is made for the ADHD generation that is so used to the non-stop action of shitty video games.
>>
The narration is shit. 7/10 if I'm generous.
>>
>>66725419
Lust being conflicted by thoughts of her being a replicant. She would never say yes because she probably doesnt have sexual feelings so Dek being drunk and lustful just took her like the doll she is.
>>
>>66725497
spotted the replicant

>>66725589
>narration
watch the good version
>>
>>66725497
This is how I felt the first time I saw it. You really have to be in the right mood to get immersed
>>
The most organic feeling scifi movie ever made
>>
>>66725646
If you have to be in a certain mood to watch a movie, you can't say that it's GOAT. A good movie is something you can watch at anytime, like con air or scar face for me. It's different for everyone.
>>
>>66725744
Rewatchability and quality aren't the same thing. When you're in the right mindset, Blade Runner is a 10/10 experience.

>Con Air
entertaining but still garbage
>Scarface
The Howard Hawks version is great, the De Palma film is decent at best
>>
>>66725861
Like I said it is different for everyone. For example, name a movie that you can watch any time. When you're mad,sad,happy,horny,tired. Any mood, you can just watch the movie
>>
>>66725541
what's wrong grandpa? can't keep up?
>>
>>66725449
I'm pretty hyped too, but part of me feels like it is a completely unnecessary film. It's like a sequel I never really wanted but don't particularly mind having.
>>
you kind of need to have had a massive existential crisis or two, a certain critical mass of different types of experiences, and an understanding of history, symbolism, and filmmaking for all the elements to start to really work on you and then the perfection falls into focus.

if you don't have enough, you won't get enough, if anything, especially on the first viewing.

i know how this sounds but i really don't fucking care, it's the truth
>>
>>66725444
>hte: derrit moccet
Okay, swapped the middle word with the first word. Now what?
>>
>>66726585
Now swap out the middle letters of each word with the first letter of each word and vice versa and read it
>>
>>66726500
>you kind of need to have had a massive existential crisis or two
What?
>a certain critical mass of different types of experiences
Like?
>and an understanding of history
How does an understanding of history play into the appreciation of Blade Runner?
>symbolism
Symbolism is for the dogs.
>and filmmaking
Blade Runner, while a great film, isn't a strong piece of filmmaking. Which might sound odd, but there is no singular vision driving the film. The visual language of the film is very standard for its time.
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 640x264) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 640x264
>>66724414
Essential boring-core

I do love it though
>>
>>66726500
Ive watched it 3 times over the past ten years

When will i "get" it anon
>>
>>66726500
pretentious as fuck post and I actually liked the movie.
>>
>>66724414
Best ending*
>>
>>66726923
Its always on somewhere a few times a year

Depends where you live though
>>
>>66725261
>super boring
Subjective
>story doesn't make sense
Why?
>Harrison ford literally raped that replicant
So?
>the new cop doesn't kill the girl
So?
>the replicant doesn't kill ford
Empathy
>no niggers to hate on in this movie, only Asian
So you are admitting you are trolling.
>anticlimactic fight scenes
Why is this a bad thing?
>replicants are supposed to be supreme beings yet not a single one was able to kill ford
They were 'old' replicants clouded with emotions which prevented them from killing him (which they wouldn't do in the first place if they were new replicants).
>>
>>66727177
>>66727177
>subjective
So?
>how was it confusing
Because the whole movie was about the replicants coming to earth and Harrison having to kill them. Only why would the replicants come to earth if they know they will be hunted? Why were they used as slaves. If they were supposed to be slaves, why not make a couple that live for ever until they die? The plot holes in this movie are huge
>so what he raped her
It added nothing to the plot except showing ford as the piece of shit he is in the movie
>so he doesn't kill her
Why didn't he kill her, he doesn't know that Harrison has feelings for her or whatever, and they said in the beginning he's willing to do whatever it takes to be a blade runner
>empathy
Except moments earlier he killed his creator and he was trying to kill ford for killing his gf
>so you're trolling
Not trolling you can't have a movie without niggers to hate in it. Even inglorious bastards had that black guy from France
>it's not bad to have anticlimactic fights
Except the whole point of the fights is to make it interesting
>they were old and emotions didn't let them kill him
Except for the fact that Leon easily killed the guy who questioned him and the blonde guy killed Tyrell instantly.
Face it this movie wasn't all that 6/10 if watching with friends
>>
File: fe.jpg (74 KB, 500x330) Image search: [Google]
fe.jpg
74 KB, 500x330
>>66724414

Mostly this scene.

>Friday 13th self insert
>>
>>66728533

Plus these:

Blade Runner

>MFW Jason Voorhees strippers
>MFW Deckard modifies his voice ridiculously for no reason, since the person he talks to with it never heard his voice before
>MFW replicants have a greenish glow in their eyes which enables easy identification, yet they use high tech Voight-Kampff machines to recognise a replicant because this is almost impossible otherwise
>MFW Deckard makes a move on Rachel, she refuses, he keeps her from leaving, he forces her to say "kiss me" and "I want you" and virtually rapes her
>MFW unicorn out of fucking nowhere for no fucking reason - unless you ask Google, unless that final origami is supposed to be a clue
>MFW Harrison Ford's Funny Face Festival as Leon attacks him
>MFW Deckard's family photos date from the 1800's
>MFW "Tyrell" has two pronunciations within the same movie and his own "niece" can't pronounce it correctly either
>MFW replicants on earth are illegal but Tyrell can do it, have a blade runner over to test it, and nobody minds; Tyrell goes free
>>
File: 5DimDy6p.jpg (12 KB, 248x248) Image search: [Google]
5DimDy6p.jpg
12 KB, 248x248
That's not American Psycho though.
>>
>>66726500
i saw this movie high as fuck in theaters like a month ago and i know exactly what you mean

thank god for vangelis.
>>
File: joseph-hells-kitchen.jpg (88 KB, 435x653) Image search: [Google]
joseph-hells-kitchen.jpg
88 KB, 435x653
>>66724414
It's certainly the best cure for insomnia.
>>
>>66728563
>MFW Jason Voorhees strippers

Their stab at visualizing pop-culture usage in 2019 I guess.

>MFW Deckard modifies his voice ridiculously for no reason, since the person he talks to with it never heard his voice before

Agreed, this is dumb.

>MFW replicants have a greenish glow in their eyes which enables easy identification, yet they use high tech Voight-Kampff machines to recognise a replicant because this is almost impossible otherwise

Plenty are shown without the greenish glow in scenes where others would have (lighting etc), which is more of an oversight I guess.

>MFW Deckard makes a move on Rachel, she refuses, he keeps her from leaving, he forces her to say "kiss me" and "I want you" and virtually rapes her

He rapes her because he's drunk and realizes she's a machine with no "real" emotions, of neither sexual desire or trauma from being raped. He treats her like a fleshlight.

>MFW unicorn out of fucking nowhere for no fucking reason - unless you ask Google, unless that final origami is supposed to be a clue

You answered that one yourself. It's a clue.

>MFW Harrison Ford's Funny Face Festival as Leon attacks him

Ford's speciality.

>MFW Deckard's family photos date from the 1800's

Could be of his mom? Director's Cut (only Ridley Scott approved version) doesn't specify.

>MFW "Tyrell" has two pronunciations within the same movie and his own "niece" can't pronounce it correctly either

Just like in real life with a lot of words.

>MFW replicants on earth are illegal but Tyrell can do it, have a blade runner over to test it, and nobody minds; Tyrell goes free

Because Tyrell is rich and can therefore do whatever he wants. The scene where he closes his windows when Deckard does the VK on Rachel symbolizes him being "powerful enough to block out the sun". Besides, the dude lives in a fuck huge pyramid overlooking all the peasants living on the street in their 1930's-tier standard of living. He's above the law, both literally and figuratively.
>>
>>66727745
It's like you didn't even watch the fucking movie
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.