[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Say what you will about Kevin Smith; but this is still a solid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5
Say what you will about Kevin Smith; but this is still a solid comedy.

>YO THIS MOTHERFUCKER AIN'T ONE OF US HE SAID HE'D FUCK A SHEEP
>>
>>66699907
its was clearly made for fun. Filled with cameos and insider references before easter eggs were a trend.

>what the fuck is the internet?

-Wampa1
>>
>>66699952
Magnolia Fan
>>
>>66699907
Its still a solid comedy
>>
it's great, but it's one of those movies which you won't truly enjoy if you're not a fan of his other movies. I remember showing this to people who had never heard of Kevin Smith, or had never seen any of his movies and while they thought it was OK, they clearly missed out on a lot of the jokes and references.

sean william scott, and his entire bit, was probably the best thing about it though.
>>
>I AM THE CLIT COMMANDER
>>
BROWN AREA
>>
>>66699907

I unironically enjoy kevin smith's entire filmography pre-jersey girl
>>
File: pOwns.jpg (31 KB, 509x214) Image search: [Google]
pOwns.jpg
31 KB, 509x214
>>66700338
>>
>>66699907
POOPCHUTE
O
O
PCHUTE
>>
>>66699907
Based Jay. Easily the best character in the movie.
>>
Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms.
>>
>>66700367
same here. it gets a lot of shit for being "quippy" but that too was ahead of its time dialog wise. I can see how some of the stuff and actors might be a little dated, so I'm not sure how it aged. Excited for clerks 3 if thats still a thing.

this site, and every other comment section of the internet is not basically movie poop shoot.
>>
>>66700490
WORD! PHANTOMS LIKE A MOTHER FUCKER YO!
>>
fuck fuck fuck fuck
mother mother fuck
mother mother fuck

xD
>>
I just got punched in the nuts by some guy named cockknocker.

>based Hamill
>>
>>66699907
I have never watched this movie. Where the fuck is Dante and why is Ben Al'Aflick on the cover?
>>
>>66700576
Dante is in the movie, and so is Randall. Ben Affleck got top billing so that's why he's on the poster.
>>
>>66700576
Dante and Randell have a cameo in the beginning of the movie, and Affleck is just reprising his role from Chasing Amy.

Although he gets about the same amount of screen time as Dante and Randell, so I assume they slapped him on the cover just because he's the more famous actor.
>>
>>66700266
It was the first Kevin Smith movie I saw when I caught it on TV one day. Still thought it was funny
>>
>>66700624
Why the fuck do I have a name? I never typed in a name. The hell?
>>
>>66700681
Whoops! Nevermind, that's not my post. I'm going crazy or something.
>>
DUDE META COMEDY LMAO
>>
>>66700624
>>66700648
Ah, good to know. I have only watched the Clerks movies, so I didn't knew. I'm gonna watch this movie now, I guess.
>>
>>66700367

Even Jersey Girl wasn't 'that' bad.
>>
It's obvious to tell which movies Kevin Smith loved writing and the ones that he got half-way through and realized were shit.
>>
>>66700338
Holy shit, I fucking love memes.

>>66700415
Thank you, the reference was almost lost.
>>
>>66700822
I recommend that you watch Chasing Amy before hand at the very least. Preferably though Mallrats, and Dogma as well. You'll be able to make a little more sense of the 'plot' and will get more of the references.

>>66700864
I liked Jersey Girl. Never really understood why that one got always so much hate.
>>
>>66699907
>that fucking good will hunting 2 scene
>>
>>66700907
You mean all his movies pre-Jersey Girl and Clerks 2, and then every other movie?
>>
>>66700944
>APPLE SAUCE BITCH
>>
"This is a site populated by militant movie buffs: sad, pathetic little bastards living in their parents' basement downloading scripts and what they think is inside information about movies and actors they claim to despise yet can't stop discussing."
>>
GET ME A BLONDE HAIR BLUE EYED WHITE BOY TO CLEAN UP THAT COFFEE
SO I CAN ENJOY THAT SHIT
>>
>>66699907
This thread confirms I've aged out of this place. I remember sitting in a local VHS rental store trying to convince my friends that Clerks and Mallrats were connected. They didn't believe me until we watched it.
>>
>>66701026
War never changes.
>>
File: Chaka.jpg (60 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Chaka.jpg
60 KB, 480x360
"I wish they were hitchhiking girls- sexy hitchhiking girls."
>>
YO BABY YOU EVER HAD YOUR ASSHOLE LICKED BY A FAT MAN IN AN OVERCOAT?!
>>
File: interdasting.jpg (51 KB, 685x567) Image search: [Google]
interdasting.jpg
51 KB, 685x567
>>66701058
well they are obviously connected because they both have Jay and SIlent Bob in them, but there are a whole lot of references that make it obvious that the two films exist in the same universe.
>>
>>66701199
Yeah
>>
>>66701199
>YO BABY YOU EVER HAD YOUR BROWN/TAINT AREA LICKED BY A FAT MAN IN AN OVERCOAT?!
fix'd
>>
>>66701245
>obviously connected because they both have Jay and SIlent Bob in them
>obviously
Dogma?
>>
>>66701310
what? Jay and Silent Bob are both in Clerks and Mallrats? Yes they are also in dogma.
>>
>george carlin was in this movie
Holy shit i never noticed
>>
>>66699907
>Say what you will about Kevin Smith

Tearful mushbrain who smoked himself retarded after getting lucky with one interesting student film?
>>
You have to be 18 to post here guys.
>>
>>66701310
>>66701360
Both of those movies take place in Kevin Smith's "Viewaskewniverse."
>>
>>66701198
>Does your Daddy know you gave a nigger his coffee

That's not verbatim but still funny
>>
>>66701310
>>66701360
Are these serious questions? Did you think Kevin Smith just made different versions of Jay and Silent Bob for each of his movies just for the fuck of it, instead of them being the same characters in each film?
>>
>>66701593
Bit harsh. Mallrats was pretty good too. As was the movie that's the theme of this thread. Rogan did kinda fuck him getting him on the dope though.
>>
>>66701595
Anybody under 18 wouldn't even appreciate this movie. I'd say this is a pretty oldfags thread.
>>
>>66701737

Clerks, Mallrats, both good movies that capture some sense of the 90s. I think Strikes Back is a farewell to that.
>>
>>66701295

My girlfriend at the time laughed hard at that line because I was the fat man who regularly wore an overcoat who had at times licked her ass.
>>
>>66699907
I watch this every year and laugh out loud.
>>
>>66701245
No fucking shit. I'm 35. We were standing in the video store in 1995 when we were 15. We had already seen Clerks, but nobody but me knew that Mallrats was from the same writer/director.
>>
>>66699907
Saw it in the theater, my old roommate drank a 5th of SoCo in the theater. Good times.
>>
>>66702006
As depressing as that sentiment is (we're all living to die etc), you're probably right
>>
>>66700104
Isn't Magnolia Fan literally the username of someone Kevin Smith got into an argument with on the Internet because they rightly considered his work shit?
>>
>>66701026
>/tv/ in a cuckshell
>>
File: image.jpg (489 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
489 KB, 1000x1500
Why was Batman literally begging to be cucked in this movie?
>>
moviepoopshoot.com
>>
>>66702336
Probably, guy gets butthurt at everyone
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.