[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overration personified
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: ddl.jpg (19 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
ddl.jpg
19 KB, 300x300
Overration personified
>>
>>66688077
why this nigga look like jennifer connelly tho
>>
>tfw he's jewish too
No wonder Hollywood circlejerks him so much.
>>
>greatest actor in the history of human kind
>overrated
Nice logical fallacy there kiddo.
>>
>method actors
>>
>>66688235
>I'M ACTING
>>
>>66689669
>yelling when understandable in the story is bad acting
>>
>>66688077
Daniel Day Lewis's Acting is so powerful it is said that the universe itself slows time to savour it.
>>
>>66688077
>Overration
>>
>>66688077
You will never drink his milkshake.
>>
I watched Lincoln (2012) yesterday.

Holy shit that was a great film. I'm not even american.
>>
>>66689905
lmao liking spielberg in the 2000's
>>
>>66689946
Do you have a problem, punk?
>>
>>66689669
>he's a great actor
>no he's not
>explain?
>"IM ACTING"

autism
>>
>Overration
>>
>>66688077
>People think he's great
>OVERRATED!!!!
>Why is he overrated?
>...
>>
>overration

are you 12?
>>
>I don't have a fucking clue what I'm talking, but any actor that's popular and known to be talented must be overrated
>>
>>66688123
lmao truuuu baka desu senpai
>>
>>66688077
>overration
Can't believe you wasted those dubs for this shit
>>
>>66688077
Jennifer connely cutted her hair?
>>
John C. Reilly has more range than this irish kike
>>
He's all arthouse and no entertainment factor. Gary Oldman has the same amount of range as DDL and yet is 5000 times more fun to watch.
>>
>>66690015

Actually yeah, yeah I do, Anon. What are you gonna do about it, exactly?
>>
>>66690052
An actor can elevate something he appears in. DDL only appears in Academy-cinched oscarbait. Sure, he's a good actor, but he only does a role once every five years and spends upward of a year before each role preparing for that single role.

Compare him to fantastic actors like Gary Oldman or Edward Norton who have neither won an Academy Award. They appear in several shitty movies, even capeshit. Yet they both elevate the movies through their roles. They've done comedy, horror, science fiction... everything that DDL is terrified of.

From 2009-2012 DDL took three years off of acting and prepared for Lincoln. Oldman did 13 movies in that time. His character in Harry Potter during that time was nothing like his character in Tinker Tailor who was nothing like his character in Book of Eli who was nothing like Commissioner Gordon. As a great actor, he doesn't need years to prep for a role, he just acts.
>>
>>66688077
Gary Oldman Brendan Gleeson, Liam Neeson and Pierce Bronan are far superior actors
>>
>>66690303
Thank you. People act like he's the greatest actor of all time just because he takes oscar bait. Fuck DDL
>>
>>66690303
>making more movies = being better
lmao you faggot
Gary Oldman has not ONCE made a performance half as good as Daniel's in There Will Be Blood.
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>66690503
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDJ8ocSN5GE
>>
>>66690632
Not exactly a subtle or nuanced performance.
>>
>people actually thought his performance in Lincoln was good
>people actually thought Lincoln was good
>>
File: image.png (137 KB, 904x864) Image search: [Google]
image.png
137 KB, 904x864
>>66690815
>people don't agree with my opinions
>>
>>66690503
You mean when he played villainous Daniel-Day Lewis? The same character he portrayed in Gangs of New York? Sure, I'll see you Plainview the Butcher and raise you the disparate performances of Lee Harvard Oswald in JFK vs the rastafarian gangster in True Romance. Or the sotted old Dracula vs the coked out crooked Stansfield in Leon: The Professional.

Oldman has range and can be anyone he needs to be on a dime. DDL doesn't. He has a few characters and uses them sparingly, and requires years of prep to get them ready.
>>
>>66690867
It's not an opinion when it's universally agreed the movie was lazy Oscar-bait.
>>
>>66690118
>not knowing how to quote
Your newfaggotry shows.

You gotta type the number with one >
in front so the page links you to it when you post it
>>
>>66690947
>being an actual retard
>>
>>66690632
Damn, that's Gary Oldman?
>>
>>66690503
DDL is shit, just accept it.
>>
>>66690942
Yes it is. Consensus isn't objectivity.
>>
>>66690909
If you're too fucking dense to see the difference in a character unless it's literally the most outlandish and hamfisted character possible (a fucking Rastafarian gangster) then maybe you should fuck off back to that other website. They really like Oldman over there.
>>
>>66691046
Stop. Just stop.
Are you seriously going to sit there and tell me you thought Lincoln was a good movie?
>>
File: DDL.jpg (72 KB, 575x323) Image search: [Google]
DDL.jpg
72 KB, 575x323
>>66691058
The only two villains DDL has played had the same accents, mannerisms and ticks. Now, if you can find two of Oldman's villains that are the same, feel free to post them.
>>
>>66691075
it had some really great moments i think even if it was kinda sappy overall
tommy lee jones's performance was great
and it was for sure a better movie by miles than argo
>>
File: Eric Roberts.jpg (90 KB, 500x770) Image search: [Google]
Eric Roberts.jpg
90 KB, 500x770
>>66688077
Omnipresence personified
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.