[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Americans finally understood the real sense of the word ADVENTURE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: Revenant.jpg (55 KB, 600x315) Image search: [Google]
Revenant.jpg
55 KB, 600x315
Americans finally understood the real sense of the word ADVENTURE
>>
>>66680699
That scene was fucking brutal
>>
>>66680833
The whole movie was fucking brutal.
>>
>>66680868
wuss
>>
bear
>>
Has there ever been bigger proof that the Oscars are all a sham?
>>
>"At last I have become The Revenant."

Really Leo? Really?
>>
>>66680699
The movie felt fake. Not in a non-fiction kind of way, but from a production standpoint. It did everything totally by the books and didn't leave any room for creativity. You could see every plot point coming from the moment his indian son was killed.
>>
The rape scene was kind of unneeded.
>>
stupid movie

why he didnt just lay down while bear was about to leave instead of trying to lmao attack it again with a pistol/knife

i guess it was inevitable for the plot
>>
>I have to kill the man who kill my son
>he kills him

Literally the whole movie.
>>
Daily Reminder
Hugh Glass
>Had no wife, that's a myth
>Had no son
>Was attacked in the SUMMER
>Thought about revenge but just wanted his gun back, NBD.
>>
>>66682225
Yup, that's it. No need to watch it at all, the anon sums it up in a way that makes it unnecessary. You're a brilliant man anon, can you write some more greentext summaries so you could save me, and the other anons here, countless hours of film watching? I mean, the performances, cinematography, directing, etc. mean nothing at all when you've got a genius like this guy who can sum it up so succinctly. Bravo.

Fucking faggot.
>>
>>66682315

>people don't understand what BASED ON A TRUE STORY actually means

Just walk into traffic
>>
>>66682362
Your favorite movie is just shitty oscarbait.
Get over it.
>>
>>66682355
But the performances and cinematography don't contribute in any meaningful way to the plot. They're literally all just fluff you could do without.
>>
>>66682381

Your opinion holds as much worth as a baboon's ass.
>>
>>66682412
Cry about it, faggot.
>>
>>66680699

>Film about survival and ruggedness

>Shithead protagonist drinks water from rivers soaking his feet inside it

Absolutely retarded oscarbait.
>>
File: 1457018350837.jpg (77 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1457018350837.jpg
77 KB, 1280x720
>>66682412
Nigger you just have low standards lmao nothing wrong with that
>>
>>66682315
Daily Reminder
Superheroes
>Aren't real

Wow guess I took away the only reason you ever go to the cinema
>>
>>66682099
But I liked it
>>
>>66682518
Superman isn't based on a true story you autistic cunt.
>>
>>66682172
If a bear did that shit to me, and I had a chance to shoot the fucking thing, I would.
>>
>>66682549
you're autistic if you think a music thats inspired by an old folk tale needs to be a documentary to be any good

i mean thats a mental illness for real
>>
>>66682587
What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>66682355
>getting this mad

Birdman was a masterpiece. It said something. Babel and Amores Perros were excellent.

The Revenant doesn't say shit, IƱarritu and Chivo are literally making an helicopter with their dicks. The narrative is pretty basic, and the story is pretty much uninteresting, almost nonexistent.
>>
>>66682603
unlike your parents i'm telling you what personality traits you need to work on to be more likeable
>>
File: 1435896254169.jpg (30 KB, 594x540) Image search: [Google]
1435896254169.jpg
30 KB, 594x540
>>66682587
>if you think a music thats inspired by an old folk tale
Literally what
>>
>>66682172

Wouldnt the bear try to eat him later? I know bears would eat everything
>>
>>66682628
I can't argue with autists. Sorry.
>>
>>66682633
oh LMAO i was listening to music when i wrote that
>>
>>66682225

But he didn't, the Arikara did.
>>
>>66682660
>can't beat autists in an argument

literally retarded
>>
>>66682172
The bear was likely going to bring its cubs over.

You see before the bear leaves that it licks him - that's a definite sign that it's planning to eat you.
>>
>>66682315
Why would I care about that? I just want a good movie, which The Revenant was.
>>
>>66682315
that would've made a boring movie
>>
>tfw the Oscars are over and people are finally starting to talk about films seriously now
>>
the grey is a thousand times better than this shit.
>>
>>66682315

are you saying Hugh Glass is a faggot?
>>
I like Leo and think that him winning an Oscar was well-deserved and long overdue, but...

Did anyone else feel like The Revenant was a bit of a shit film? I mean granted, I watched it low quality rip, but everything from the story to the pacing was kinda shit, and the plot all over the place. The most interesting parts of the movie were the Native American ambush scenes.

Speaking of which, the Native American stuff was handled poorly yet again and felt forced. Like having Leo's character marrying an imaginary squaw and having a Native American son is the cheapest way to get us to sympathize for him and the cheapest way to give his character motivation to defend the Native Americans. And to add insult to injury, they don't portray the AMERICANS in the film as being the evil Native American-raping/hanging monsters but the FRENCH of all people. Just feels like deflection of responsibility and a reluctance of Americans for owning up to crimes they themselves committed.

And then there was the Native American daughter rescue story that was handled poorly. You have the band of Native Americans trade with Frenchies for horses to look for the kidnapped Chieftan's daughter, and later on a similar group of Frenchies discuss trading horses for the Chieftan's daughter. Confusing as fuck until you realize they're two different groups of Frenchies. And the story is different from both sides. The French say they traded horses for her while the Native Americans say she was kidnapped by two men in the night. What the hell is up with this story.
>>
And speaking of better movies.

APOCALYPTO was at least three times better.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.