[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any hope for this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: 10-Cloverfield-Lane.jpg (57 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
10-Cloverfield-Lane.jpg
57 KB, 1200x600
Is there any hope for this?
>>
>is there any hope for this?
>stars mew

What do you think?
>>
Is this the sequel to Cloverfield?
>>
>>66679530
>those fucking curves on the N in laNe
they used free fonts just to make the title, so no
>>
>>66679530
Im interested
>>
>>66679890

>Spiritual Sequel

So no, it's not a direct sequel. It is apparently set in the same universe however based on what we know from the viral marketing campaign, and will feature similar themes and the same general concept of "a monster movie story told from a unique angle".

Even though the characters and monster from the first film will be in there though.

It IS confirmed there will be a supernatural monster of some sort in the movie though. What connections it might share to the Cloverfield monster, we'll have to wait and see.
>>
>>66680147

>Even though the characters and monster from the first film will NOT be in there though.

Sorry, I really shouldn't post before my morning coffee.
>>
>>66679530

I hate horror movies but I watched Final Destination and Thing for MEW.

I will watch this FOR MEW
>>
>>66679530
I feel bad that I'm one of the only few following the ARG
>>
>>66679530
It's a movie about Goodman keeping MEW as a sex slave till she decides to break out

What do you think?
>>
File: something is coming.jpg (3 MB, 2095x3054) Image search: [Google]
something is coming.jpg
3 MB, 2095x3054
>>66680247

Nah, you're not man.

I've been trying to keep up with it in spurts.
>>
>>66680247
the ARG was chill until leddit monopolized it
>>
It'll be pretty Goodman
>>
>>66680265

If only he was still fat, then it'd be like my Japanese dough jeans
>>
>>66680502
Fuck that's a nice poster.

Also, neat to see MEGAN making an appearance.
>>
>>66680502
does someone have this poster without all the bullshit on it
>>
The monster is a smaller one like the one on the first movie.
>>
File: 10C_Oversized-1-Sht_IMAX.jpg (2 MB, 2744x4000) Image search: [Google]
10C_Oversized-1-Sht_IMAX.jpg
2 MB, 2744x4000
>>66681322
>>
Any real spoilers yet? Not the debunked plebbit spoilers
>>
>>66681338

it's a lion cub, it's cute!
>>
>>66680247
Don't feel bad, they did this to themselves after the ARG for the first film turned out to be completely useless and had no bearing on the film at all.

They couldn't reasonably expect to sucker everyone with this again
>>
what is an ARG?
>>
>>66681561

The noise a pirate makes.
>>
>>66681387
There's a new thread on their sub with a guy claiming to have seen it, but is intentionally vague and avoiding spoilers as to not ruin the experience for anyone. So yeah, no.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 182x268) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 182x268
>>66681561
Alternate Reality Game.

Basically, it's cross-media stuff that makes it seem like you're looking into a different world. Two of the most famous ones are ilovebees.com (Halo 2)and the original Cloverfield one.

Check out The Institute, it's about an ARG that took place in San Francisco
>>
>>66681630
Are you taking about the imdb post?
>>
>>66681561
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU4AYPdIOw
>>
Marketed so that you think people are living in bunkers due to the shit from the first film.

In reality: probably will have next to nothing to do with the first film. There will probably be fleeting similarities at best.
>>
>>66680189
come on dude
i don't even see the point of linking it to Cloverfield if the monster won't be there

i hope there will be a real link and not like references to the original movie in the last 10 minutes
>>
>>66681652
There's one on reddit as well. Think they're supposedly different.
>>
>>66680502
>>66681365

So are they borrowers that live in a mailbox then?
>>
>>66681762

John Goodman shrunk MEW with his shrink ray and trapped her in his tiny bunker. When she finally escapes, it ends up being Honey I Shrunk the Kids style situation.
>>
>>66682674

Seriously? I was going to skip this but not now!
>>
>>66680247

Similarly, I feel like I'm one of the only people following the ARG and speculating about this movie that's not a complete fucking idiot.

>IT'S GONNA BE THE PARASITES
>IT'S GONNA BE THE CLOVERFIELD MONSTER'S MOM
>THERE IS NO MONSTER, ONLY JOHN GOODMAN XD
>THIS MOVIE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CLOVERFIELD DESPITE HAVING BEEN CONFIRMED TO BE IN THE SAME UNIVERSE
>>
>>66683171
So what exactly should I expect? It seems nothing like a cash grab from the trailer and what online articles. It IS a rewrite of The Cellar, which was never intended to be a Cloverfield movie.
>>
>>66683225

Yeah, and? The Cellar was a spec script. They acquired it, liked the concept, and turned it into a spiritual successor to Cloverfield set in the same universe.

Scripts, evolve and change a lot over time.

The movie that was inevitably greenlit was always intended to be a Cloverfield psuedosequel, but people keep acting like they fucking slapped the name on a random drama film then added a couple of seconds of monster scenes and called it Cloverfield. That has been documented several times now as not being the case.

Go in expecting a movie with the same "monster disaster story told from a tiny, outside perspective" concept that's loosely related to Cloverfield in terms of lore, and explores similar themes and ideas.
>>
>>66680147
>Even though the characters and monster from the first film will be in there though.
but they're not. at all.
>>
File: 1250731801715.jpg (6 KB, 426x304) Image search: [Google]
1250731801715.jpg
6 KB, 426x304
>>66679530
>is there hope for a film that was confirmed as a shameless cash grab 5 months before release?

No

You would think they might wanna hide the fact that this film was something completely different before half arsed rewrites introduced monsters akin to Cloverfield.

But they don't care about hiding its laziness, JJ talks a big game about trying to keep the mystery and allure of the unknown alive in film making but its all bullshit.

The Bad robot formula is to show so little that more people go see this underwhelming shit just out of curiosity.

Works though, the plebs will probably see this film in droves.
>>
the ARG browser game is pretty fun, but there isn't much lore this time around compared to Cloverfield.

There were 2 dead drops that only 2 people got. There was shitty PM-ing for the GPS coordinates.

And I think it's pretty much over.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.