[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find a flaw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
Find a flaw
>>
>>66676510
not reality
>>
>>66676510

too much meandering

plus the main girl is a dumb bitch, fuck her

will still watch S2
>>
>>66676510

Too impluasible
>>
>>66676510
After the first 3 episodes there's no consequences for anyone. Everyone ends the season in basically the same way they started
>>
>yfw they make based obergruppenfuhrer a resistance fucking shit in s2

they can't keep getting away with it
>>
Useless American resistance. Everything but the American part is good.
>>
>>66676520
first post is always right
>>
The problem I have with it, apart from the fact that it's a shit TV show, is that they decided to have the alternate reality where the Axis won a straight up boring dystopia.

Probably the most interesting part of the book is that the world isn't really any worse overall, just different.

Also, why they would even try to adapt it baffles me, the plot of the book is fucking nonsense because all the decisions when writing it were made by consulting the I Ching while Dick was, as per usual, off his face on speed.
>>
>>66676510
the film thing was retarded.
>>
>>66676510
LITERALLY every SINGLE character and I mean all of them where better AND more fun to watch than the 2 main characters
>>
>>66676510

The insane implausibility of the backstory. It relies on historical myths about the Axis to even set up the story (the "Nazis were this close to a nuke" myth, the "Japanese Navy ever had a chance" myth, the general "Allies were the underdogs and didn't have overwhelming numerical/industrial superiority" myth), and I'm too much of an autist to overlook that.
>>
So in the TV version is alternate reality where the allies won our world or is it a different version of it like in the book?
>>
its just so boring
>>
>>66676520
this
>>
Book's better.
>>
>>66676745
It isn't any more of a dystopia than real-life is, that's kind of the point of the series.

Don't you think if the Allies lost, and supposing history's written by the victory, in the TMITHT universe there'd be some book/film about how the Allies won and shits all fucked up?
>>
Boring.
>>
>>66678693
>It isn't any more of a dystopia than real-life is

Well, you know, except for the part about fascists running the world, the Holocaust being carried out, Generalplan Ost (presumably) being carried out, Japan (presumably) continuing to slaughter the Chinese with impunity, the Asian "Co-Prosperity Sphere" in full swing....
>>
The ending was awful.
>>
>>66676510
Utterly generic "strong" main couple.

So feisty, much chin, very five o clock shadow.

All that's missing is a personality that can't fit on a bullet point list.
>>
>>66678618
That must be a terrible show, because that book sucked.
>>
>>66676510
I'm not living there.
>>
>>66678762
Yeah, well, that's kind of a matter of perspective.
>>
Burn Gorman as the Marshall was so fantastically bad I was actually entertained by it. I actually wanted him to appear more because he was so god damn entertaining.
>>
le 20 good men man felt horribly out of place
>>
>>66678762
We still got all the cold war proxies and maoist china and the US been getting steadily more authoritarian ever since. It's not as if world peace was achieved and liberty was secured for all after the Nazis fell.
>>
>>66678693
In the book day to day life in the US is pretty much like the real US in the 60s but with better technology and obviously a different leadership. It's not a miserable grimy place with overt fascist oppression like the TV show.

All the dystopian elements occur in other parts of the world, like Africa where the Nazis decided to render down the whole population into raw materials.

The negative aspect of it comes from being ruled over by foreigners, not the conditions.
>>
>>66678897
no wait not him ah fuck it you know who I mean, the bounty hunter
>>
>>66676510
Main characters are literally the most uninteresting people in the show
>>
>>66678968

This. Every time those cunts were on the screen I just wanted to see more of based inspector Kido, Tagomi and the Obergruppenführer.
>>
File: n2iudgqkiqnsebg5gmwr.jpg (29 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
n2iudgqkiqnsebg5gmwr.jpg
29 KB, 1280x720
>>66676510
:3
>>
so uhm eh so eeeehhh can someone pls answer uhm when will it be back?
>>
>>66676510
It starts to drag like hell as it goes on
>>
>>66678902

No, but you're making the mistake of thinking "the US isn't good, the Soviets weren't good, so the Axis are equivalent to them morally". The Nazis and the Japanese were far, far worse.
>>
>>66679755
Soviets were on par and sometimes even worse than Nazies
>>
>>66679795
so this makes Nazies good?
>>
>>66678863
what?
>>
>>66676510
The only flaw I found was that the secondary characters were more interesting that the main (the guy and the girl are fucking awful)
>>
File: MITHC 1st season recap.webm (1 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
MITHC 1st season recap.webm
1 MB, 640x480
>>66677313
>He thinks The Man in The High Castle is just another counter-factual story.
Point at him everyone. Point at him and laugh.
>>
>>66681227
Does pretending to be stupid usually work out well for you?
>>
>>66676510
It's only fiction :(
>>
>>66677119
Who are the main characters, glasses guy and his bitch? If so I absolutely agree, the american SS boss and the trade minister scenes are pretty great though.
>>
File: 1456392365357.jpg (40 KB, 531x602) Image search: [Google]
1456392365357.jpg
40 KB, 531x602
>>66676510
boring as shit
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.