[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
M.A.S.H Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9
M.A.S.H Thread
>>
>>66656399
>Hawkeye doesnt like calling Koreans Gooks
>calls the black guy Spear Chucker and the Jewish guy Nickel Nose
>>
>calls the black guy Spear Chucker and the Jewish guy Nickel Nose

Why do you think spear chucker was kicked out in the first 4 episodes or so? They recognized that and kicked them off.

I love the show because my grandfather and I would watch it together, but Alan Aldas constant liberal spewing pisses me off to no end. I also hate how he bashes the army constantly. The army is full of good men, but he makes it out to be that every person who willingly joins the army is a cuck.
>>
IT WASN'T A CHICKEN
>>
MAKING YOUR WAY IN THE WORLD TODAY TAKES EVERYTHING YOU GOT
>>
>>66657965
Alan Alda is a good man, unlike your grandfather or yourself.
>>
Winchester Cathedral.......you're bringin me dowowown
>>
>>66657965
spearchucker was kicked off the show because they learned there weren't any black doctors in korea
>>
>>66658657
Learning is good.
>>
>>66658024
YOU'RE GONNA MAKE IT AFTER ALL
>>
>>66657965
Wow I can smell the flyover off your post
>>
>>66657965
>liberal
The preachy episodes were pretty bad but I think it was fair given that he's a hippie doctor sitting in not-vietnam waiting for a war to end that no one seems to know what they are really fighting for.
Funny parts where they played off the reality of the situation for cool plot twists like their car getting stripped of its tires and shit when they leave it outside for a second were nice.
I liked bald smug guy better than Blake. Blake just felt like he was too villainous and dumb sometimes so even when he got humanized it wasn't as fun and his relationship with the token woman character was pretty unsatisfying.
>>
>>66659413
You mean frank burns.

Blake was a fun character but Potter was much better as a CO

>yfw klinger would be the genderqueer star of the show if they did it today
>>
Pretty good typing. You're up to 6 'damns' a minute.
>>
>>66656399
I used to watch it with my grandparents. That theme song will forever be in my head.
>>
I really like the dialogue pacing of this show. Feels pretty modern.

I enjoy all the rapid-fire patter and little barbs being thrown around constantly.
>>
Frank Burns was played way too pathetically. He didn't need to be nearly so whiney nor did he have to be such an asshole ALL the time. It makes his character one of the least believable in the show.
>>
>>66657965
The hell are you even talking about? Are you saying that just because M*A*S*H was anti-war? If so, what kind of asshole would be pro-war? War sucks.
>>
>>66657850
Also calls the chaplain Dago Red (in the movie)
>>
File: sDGRwpg.jpg (738 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
sDGRwpg.jpg
738 KB, 2048x1536
I actually visited the old set when hiking in Malibu State Creek Park with my GF in October... I've got more pics if anyone wants to see.

It's pretty cool.
>>
I think someone would have called Klinger on his shit and beat his ass behind the supply tent. They wouldnt put up with a cross dresser for one day. Also Major Winchester was the least likeable character imo. Oh yeah, the first 2 seasons were GOAT
>>
File: 1327001263705.jpg (27 KB, 637x671) Image search: [Google]
1327001263705.jpg
27 KB, 637x671
>>66662084
i did that too, years ago mfw took a piece
>>
>>66662084
yup. bring 'em
>>
File: SjsjFhS.jpg (657 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
SjsjFhS.jpg
657 KB, 2048x1536
>>66662273
Attached!

>>66662212
Dick move dog.
>>
>>66662351
they didnt have all that shit last time i went, just the junked heaps. is it new?
>>
File: distainforgookplebs.jpg (9 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
distainforgookplebs.jpg
9 KB, 320x240
>mfw i realized radar wasn't coming back
>>
File: XiLMflD.jpg (784 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
XiLMflD.jpg
784 KB, 2048x1536
>>66662372
Apparently yeah. From what I understand, they tossed most of the shit in storage, but just recently took it all out and put it back because it's such a tourist thing.
>>
>>66662351
>>66662372
Fox wanted to put it all back too I guess.
>>
File: znRlmte.jpg (631 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
znRlmte.jpg
631 KB, 1536x2048
>>66662510
Whoops. Pic attached
>>
>>66656399
My dads loves this show.
>>
>>66663250
It's basically Dads: the show
>>
>>66661241
Their really are officers in the Army like Frank Burns. I had a couple of them in my units.

Losers who some how got through college with a degree. Decide to join the military as an officer because they thought it would be prestigious. End up being miserable but too scared to leave, because having a civilian career would be too hard.
>>
>>66657965
>The army is full of good men, but he makes it out to be that every person who willingly joins the army is a cuck.
Thanks for the laugh m8.
>>
Makes me laugh because it's such a "liberal" show for its time but watching Henry's last epasode he just grabs Margaret and lays one on her. MASH would be problematic if it was on the air today.
>>
post yfw >>66666666 is a M*A*S*H get
>>
>>66656399
What a coincidence, I literally just watched this movie. It was alright.
>>
In season 4 now I miss Blake and Trapper man and their hijinks. BJ doesn't even have his mustache yet.
>>
>>66665752
Everyone got a piece of Hot Lips. Trapper and Hawkeye planted one on her at various times as well. Salon/Tymblr would shit itself blind if they made MASH like that today
>>
File: 65zrqbs.jpg (22 KB, 304x460) Image search: [Google]
65zrqbs.jpg
22 KB, 304x460
Klinger or Radar?
>>
radar was better at his job and was great to watch grow as a man
clinger's drag was the equivalent of a fart joke but his other attempts were chuckleworthy
>>
>>66657965
>>66657850
Spear chucker was called that because he did javelin in college.
>>
File: has it come to this.jpg (54 KB, 540x472) Image search: [Google]
has it come to this.jpg
54 KB, 540x472
> that scene in the finale where the north korean prisoners charles taught to play mozart get sent away on the back of the truck
> that feel when you find out they died later
i wept, quite literally
>>
>>66662084
>>66662351
>>66662464
>>66662581
Never knew about this place. Thanks anon
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.