[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does it have more rewatchability than The Force Awakens?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5
File: star-wars-the-phantom-menace.jpg (607 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-the-phantom-menace.jpg
607 KB, 1280x720
Why does it have more rewatchability than The Force Awakens?
>>
>>66638570
Blue Pilled Racism
>>
>>66638570
Because there are two The Force Awakens'
>>
>>66638570
Because at least it's bad enough that it's funny.
TFA is completely average and forgettable.
>>
>>66638786
>bad
>objectively the 2nd best star wars movie
>>
realistic dual lightsaber

portman is attractive

plus less affirmative action?
>>
its something newer and more original spite its flaws
>>
Deep writing
>A communications disruption can mean only one thing
>>
you dont like the Mueseum of SW OT?
>>
It's not a great film but it has many new ideas in it and some great action sequences.
>>
Episode 1 is rather inofensive, in the way that it barely related to everything else.
Most of it is a race in a sand wrold that doesnt really develop the story of the series.
Also the saber duels are based.
>>
>>66638570
Because its out on dvd and blueray?
>>
>>66638570
actually yes, the kid is awful but it has a lot of nice points

>Nice lightsaber battle
>Pod-race
>racist as fuck
>Darth Maul is a cool baddy
>>
Great action, no fast short cuts like FA

It also has a fucking ending
>>
File: 1454598083987.jpg (1 MB, 2300x1503) Image search: [Google]
1454598083987.jpg
1 MB, 2300x1503
>>66638992
The pod race alone is what makes me love this movie, id kill for a remastered new version of the episode 1 racers videogame
>>
>>66638570
It doesn't. TFA was great, the only weak aspect of it was that not only did they make Rey OP, they had like three shots specifically dedicated to a male going "wow what a strong independent woman". It would have been fine if it weren't so on the nose, because she was already likable and well acted.
>>
File: Jedi Council.png (2 MB, 1918x818) Image search: [Google]
Jedi Council.png
2 MB, 1918x818
>>66638570
>better fight scenes
>better music
>unique environments
>based Qui-Gon Jinn
>based Obi-Wan
>based Darth Maul
>based Jedi Order

Anakin and Jar Jar are literally the only problems with it.
>>
>>66638884
>The dog pissed on the router again
>God damn it Panaka, I told you to put it on the shelf instead of leaving it on the coffee table! You know how fluffy is!
>>
Even the shit characters in TPM are genuinely more memorable in many ways.
>>
>>66639298
>Anakin and Jar Jar are literally the only problems with it.
Well, they could have made the Trade Federation a bit more menacing too.
I liked the fact that Luke had to try and avoid stormtroopers, and I get that he was inexperienced, but it made the presence of stormtroopers more menacing that the heroes never won against more than one or two of them and ran the other way the moment there was a squad or more.
>>
>>66639298
The midichlorians weren't a wise move. The force was mystical, ambiguous, and universal. They made it scientific, measurable, and exclusive. But no, TFA was much better, and saying "Anakin and Jar Jar are literally the only problems with it" is damning to your argument because they were centerpieces of the movie.
>>
>>66639298
>better music
Agreed. The Episode 1 score is great. TFA is lazy, uninspired and forgettable. It sounds like it was composed by an old man past his pri...oh, wait, nevermind.
Seriously, Michael Giacchino should have done the music. He's JJ's John Williams and would have done a better job. His Jurassic World score referenced William's original themes while being something on its own.
>>
>>66638884
There are many things bad about TPM

But if you think
>disrupting the communications of an ENTIRE planet with the REST OF THE GALAXY
is a casual isolated thing... Then you're a retard.
>>
>>66639910
Is it true that JJ/producers forced John Williams to rewrite his music?
>>
>>66638570
It doesn't stop memeing

IV > V > VI > VII > III > II > I
>>
>>66640065
I watched an interview today and it sounded like JJ complained that the music did not reflect the past enough. I think if there were any rewrites, it was to hone in on the nostalgia factor.

He also said that Rey's theme is supposed to be weak in this movie in anticipation that it will start to become more mature and heroic when Rey actually becomes heroic.
>>
>>66640163
He is referring to John Williams in this case.
>>
>>66638570
Podracing and more space.
>>
>>66640065
No he barely had time to write it though

>>66639910
The score is actually great by itself its just utilized poorly in the film. Plus episode II and episode III have better scores then I. And don't try and tell me it isn't, I've played in and won a musical competition inside the Hollywood bowl
>>
who was the phantom menace?
>>
>>66640246
Palpatine
>>
The environments. TFA felt like we were being yanked from place to place without enough time to appreciate the environment. We saw much more of some random sand dunes than the cool as fuck Star Destroyer crash site on Jaku, for instance. Then we get sent to the Falcon, then we get sent to some bar in the middle of a forest, then we get sent to a base in the middle of a forest, then finally we get to visit the Starkiller base.

Even though Ep1 was absolute shit, the pacing felt alright.
>>
>>66640246
Jar Jar.
If the theory about him being a sith lord was true.
>>
>>66640246
Jorge
>>
>>66640327
Pacing in VII is fine, the next episode is going to have a lot of room to breathe
>>
>>66640233
I, II and III all have great scores. I think there are good parts of TFA, and those parts work fine on their own, but the whole is nothing remarkable.

Nobody cares about you and the Hollywood Bowl, so keep that shit to yourself.
>>
>>66640277
Fuck that, I lost a trivia contest for saying he was the phantom menace rather than Maul.
>>
>>66638570
because the heroes of TPM are worth rooting for

no reason to root for GIRL POWER XD when she's perfect and the best in the universe at everything and dont need no man
>>
>>66640525
But there is nothing Phantom about Darth Maul.
He just shows up and starts throwing down with Qui-Gon on Tatooine the first chance he gets.

Fucking Boba Fett was more subtle than Maul.
>>
>>66640048
just let the kids hate on the movie

no amount of logic or reason will change their minds
>>
>>66640482
I wanted more environment stuff though. Even if a lot of it was CG, some stuff felt real from TPM. I wanted to see more of Han's ship, and more of that world with the castle cantina, and more of the base.
>>
>>66640592
He becomes the phantom menace after his brother gets him some robot legs and he proceeds to take over and unite major crime organizations in order to take over Mandalore and rule it from the shadows by installing a puppet government.
>>
>>66640694
>even if a lot of it was CG
Pretty sure only the grassy fields and Coruscant were completely CGI.
>>
>>66638570
shot on film, location and relatively respectable combination of miniature sets, real locations and props with CGI. And it does manage to be so bad it's good, as in, it's rather fun to pick fun at it.
>>
>>66638944
Why does the lightsaber duels of Episode I look more gritty and aggressive than the ones from Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith? They look more fluid, yes, but the ''punch'' is missing
>>
>>66639298
He loud. He cries maxibig. He likein to bita.

Jar Jar thrusts further into the human. The man lets out a begging whimper. "Faster...! Please, Jar Jar, fuck me hard and fast."

The Gungan smirked. "Shhh. On whena yousa earn it."

He likein to be controlled.

He takes the man's dick in his hand without breaking the slow, smooth rhythm he'd built. A sticky, moist substance secretes from the pores of the Gungan's hand as he strokes the hard cock slowly to coat it in his juices. Damp aquatic lips press into the human's neck with a hum that seemed to vibrate through the man's entire being. "Whosa dis cock belongs to, Kylo?"

Kylo throws his head back, his long hair, save for the stands pasted onto his forehead with sweat, leading the migration towards Jar Jar's shoulder. He's moaning between little pants of air. "It's yours, Jar Jar. Only yours..."

Maxi submissive. Yousa might'n be sayin dat Anakin was a bombad fuck.

Kylo presses himself as deep into Jar Jar as he could and clenches. A husky laugh escapes his lips as he moves his head to kiss the Gungan's orange lips. "I just want you inside of me for a bit. I love your cock inside of me. I love it when it twitches against my being. Your cock was meant to be inside me. I was born to be fucked by you. I'm your slut, Jar Jar."

Ye gods, whatta meesa sayin'?

The slick, amphibian tip of the older man's tongue glided up Kylo's neck as he jerks his hand along the length of the younger man's cock. Kylo takes long, shaky breaths with small croaks of pleasure trickling out when the Gungan's thumb occasionally moves to rub the head of his cock. "Yousa beautiful. Beautiful as yousa grandpa."

The words trickled into his ears and Kylo felt himself lose his grip on the Gungan's cock inside of him. Jar Jar smirks, resuming the steady flow his lover had interrupted. The younger man restrains his trembling. "My grandfather? You fucked him, too?"
>>
>>66639298
"Yeah, he weesa very maxi wude," Jar Jar grunted as he picked up speed on both ends of the human, "He pin missa down and fuck missa senseless."

"Did he suck you off like I did?" Kylo said between the sound of scales hitting flesh.

"His lips weesa so soft and his mouth was so litta bitty and tight and wet. Missa lik to fill it with missa cum watch him swallow." Jar Jar breaths in sharply as his dick began to pulsate from the hot pressure building, "Just likein yousa."

Kylo reaches down to touch his cock, his hand playing wherever Jar Jar would allow as he stroked. "Did he kiss you like you were his king? Did he let you fuck him with the lights on?"

"Anakin can doin anyth and everyth. He make lovein to missa onda battlefield, over da body of a destroy droid. He call missa a slut and taleo missa suck him." Jar Jar panted, the grip on Kylo's cock becoming harder to maintain in delirious pleasure. "Kylo maxi nicer. Kylo open his mouth and ass for missa without ask."

"Oh, Jar Jar, yes..." Kylo moaned shamelessly.

Jar Jar increased his speed more, feeling himself moving closer to the brink. "Yousa thinking yousa ganna come?"

Kylo nodded. With several more loud smacks of flesh and scales, Jar Jar and Kylo came together with a grunt and a whimper. Even as Kylo finished, come was still flowing out of the thick aqueous cock dwelling inside him. Jar Jar slowly pulled out of his lover to admire this seed dripping out of the younger man's ass. "Missa fill you real good, Kylo."

Kylo is panting as he turns to hug Jar Jar for support of his weak knees. "I live to be filled up by you. Grandfather didn't love your warm, creamy seed inside him like I do," Kylo leans up to kiss the Gungan tenderly, "I love you, Jar Jar Binks."

Jar Jar smiled with affection at the young human. "Mooey mooey, Kylo Ren, I love you."
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 275x183
>>66642401
>>66642361
>>
>>66638570
Because The Force Awakens is boring as shit, and Star Wars movies are roller coaster rides.

It doesn't matter how dumb the plot is if the ride is a blast. And frankly, The Phantom Menace is fun as hell.
>>
>>66639130

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBiKGc9ZOl4
>>
>>66640592
palpatine was the phantom menace you fucking retard
>>
File: GotMeWorkingUpASweat.gif (2 MB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
GotMeWorkingUpASweat.gif
2 MB, 375x375
>>66642361
>>66642401
>>
>>66642633
>I lack the capacity to read the previous posts, before replying
The guy before said he lost a trivia contest for saying Palpatine was the Phantom Menace, because the contest's creators thought Maul was the Phantom Menace.
To this I pointed out that there is nothing Phantom about Maul, to exclaim how ridiculously stupid that contest was.

You're better than this dude, pay attention before you make an ass of yourself.
>>
I barely remembered anything about it until I rewatched last month and I think it's not only a pretty decent movie but even above episode VI. I always thought Jar Jar was cool but nerds got triggerred by him because it reminded them that SW is not fucking Dune; which is a good thing because Dune is fucking shit.
Having Anakin be already a jedi knight during Ep I and see his fall thorought the trilogy would've been better tb h. Starting with him as a child just fucked with shit badly.

Only AotC can rival TFA's badness, but not surpass it.
>>
>>66639910
>>66640233
It really felt like the music was badly mixed by the sound editor. When I got home and listened to the OST it felt really full and well developed.
I think it's a great score though, personally it's 4th place for me
(V>III>VI>VII>I>II)
>>
>>66638820
>Baiting this hard
>>
If you can overlook JarJar, which can easily be done, I like TPM.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.