[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why didn't Jessica Jones just work with Doctor Who too
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_nyatozO7qz1sfe7pko1_1280.jpg (106 KB, 750x896) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyatozO7qz1sfe7pko1_1280.jpg
106 KB, 750x896
So why didn't Jessica Jones just work with Doctor Who too make him into a super hero and show him that doing good is the right path? Doctor Who seemed pretty willing to become a Hero for her.
>>
wow dude, so a woman should sacrifice her whole life to save potentially a ton of people ?
that's sexitst af
>>
>>66634891
She wasn't willing to devote her life to him. It was a pretty shrewd way for him to own her.

Also it was a metaphor for abusive relationship or something?
>>
What would you do with his powers /tv/?

I'd make Steve Odekirk make a sequel to Kung Pow and Jennifer Love Hewitt get a divorce. Wouldn't make her marry me with the powers because that's creepy.
>>
>>66634891
Because Jessica Jones is a woman and ultimately what she wanted for herself was more important to her than the rest of humanity. While your Captain Americas and the like would make the long-suffering sacrifice to better humanity, Jessica Jones did what women do.
>>
>>66634956
I'd save the world. And get my dick sucked maybe.
>>
>>66634956
>Jennifer Love Hewitt
is she in a bad marriage?
>>
>>66634956
I would end up ruling the world desu.
>>
>>66634981

She's married but idk. She's literally perfect desu.
>>
Dunno live a good life I guess.

Can I turn the power off? Or are people always going to listen to what I say? Because 0 conflict can be pretty fucked up.
>>
>>66634891
It's meant to be an analogy for an abusive relationship but with the superhero backdrop the analogies aren't one on one. It's playing on the notion of staying in a relationship because you think you can change someone even though they're blatantly unrepentant as was Kilgrabe. Does that clear things up? But hey you're probably being obtuse because it's epic for the win.
>>
>>66634956
I would mooch of people. Maybe make some banker give me loan under fraudent papers, change my name and get elected as a president of some 3rd world country where I will rule everyone fairly under my unyeilding will.
>>
>>66635058
> the notion of staying in a relationship
>because you think you can change someone
Thank you for articulating so clearly what I was trying to put into words.
>>
>>66635029

Kilgrave literally cannot ever turn it off, that's part of the reason why he's an insane spoiled manchild.

>I once distractingly told a man to go screw himself, you can't even imagine

or something along these lines
>>
>>66635115
Then fuck that power. I'd have to be real careful.

Probably would have to adopt the catchphrase "Be yourself" and use it every 4 sentences.
>>
>>66635058
Except the analogy doesn't really work, because by controlling Kilgrave you can basically end war, famine, poverty etc etc.

Yes I got the "Duur abusive relationship" narrative, it's not exactly subtle, but the benefits of Killgraves power being used for good (remember he can't actually control her, at any point she could easily put a bullet in his head) outweigh petty revenge x a billion.
>>
>>66634956
He uses it once on Jessica's catty neighbour to force her to tell the truth. So his power can be pretty subtle. It opens up interesting possibilities, like maybe a journalism career?

>>66635156
>by controlling Kilgrave you can basically end war, famine, poverty
How?
>>
File: 7843938457.jpg (97 KB, 504x470) Image search: [Google]
7843938457.jpg
97 KB, 504x470
>Need to prove Jessica is loyal to me
>I know! I'll force her to kill her sister which is something she'd never consent to of her own free will in a crowd of mind controlled slaves so if she's faking it, I can make them jump her and make a run for it!

Oh wait, that's not what happened, Kilgrave is fucking dumb and the plot is retarded.
>>
>>66635180

>How?

You can order the POTUS to nuclearize the entire Middle East to a glass parking lot and then order Putin to do absolutely nothing about it.
>>
>>66635232

Except they did jump her and it did nothing because >super strenght

The only thing that was keeping Kilgrave alive for the whole season was Jessica's unwillingness to kill him. Only that.
>>
>>66635284
He still didn't force her to kill her sister from a save distance which would have made a lot more sense.
>>
>>66635305
What did he do instead? I stopped paying attention by the end of the season.

I don't think he was supposed to be particularly smart though. He never had to be.
>>
>>66635232
Jessica is equally retarded there. She says before to her friend that the code word to prove she's not under his influence will be "i love you"
yet if she was under his control that's the first thing she'd say. She picked the absolute worst possible code word there could be in that situation, should of just gone with the classic donkeyballs
>>
>>66634891
She tried but concluded that even if he was doing good things he'd never be good and would eventually return to being evil
>>
>>66635355
It's more dramatic that way. Making the story more emotional is more important than making it logical.
>>
>>66635349

Kilgrave's whole point was that he had the mind of a child inside the body of a man. He never grew up because he never had conflict, which you need to evolve and develop emotions and shit.

That is why he threw tantrums and was basically an idiot with the power of God.
>>
>>66635382
Uh. Sounds interesting. Too bad this was barely explored.
>>
>>66635232
Kilgrave is dumb. He's small-minded and petty, and that's why he's not a major villain in the Marvel universe, despite having an amazing power. That's part of his characterization.

I'm reading a Daredevil story right now where he's basically killing his rape victims and stealing their children because he's obsessed with someone loving him. He spends his time doing this instead of becoming President, ending world wars, literally ruling the world, etc. He's literally an angry manchild.
>>
>>66634891
bcs she isnt a hero or good guy
>>
>>66635512
True. She's a rape victim trying to confront her abuser.
>>
>>66635497
Read Emperor Doom.
>>
>>66634891
you mean a straight white guy can be a good guy in THE CURRENT YEAR?

SHUT IT DOWN
>>
>>66635497
That's kind of the point though.
If he was just a super rational villain we'd have a pretty boring story.
>>
>>66635156

Dr Doom used Killgraves powers to a better extent than Killgrave ever did.
>>
>>66635180

>How?

By strapping him into some device powered by Latverian science and making all the servile dolts of earth realise who they should really be listening to.
>>
>>66638941
yeah his real power lies in a particular group replicating his abilities and using them on a massive scale
>>
>>66634891

Remember, she tried. In doing so, she realized Kilgrave basically has absolutely no empathy - even when you get him to do "good", he'll just be doing it for the thrill and would just as soon have someone kill themselves as turn themselves in to the police. His fucked up childhood combined with his powers basically left him unable to function normally in society.
>>
>>66635355
>classic donkeyballs
Not everyone is as based as the MCRN
>>
>>66634956
I would just get a shitload of money, buy a mansion somewhere and live in isolation with some people cleaning up and buying shit for me. I would probably pay them instead of controlling them since I wouldn't want to bring attention to me. I'm not an imaginative person and I hate people.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.